Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2016, 06:29 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,916,452 times

Advertisements

WASHINGTON (AP) — Congressional Democrats confronted White House officials on Thursday over holiday-season raids seeking Central American immigrants for deportation, accusing the administration of spreading terror through immigrant communities.

Rep. Luis Gutierrez of Illinois said that President Barack Obama risks all the goodwill he has built up over the last year through his executive actions sparing millions from deportation, actions now tied up in court. And he complained that the administration did not alert congressional allies before conducting the raids, with first became public when The Washington Post published a story about the plans just before Christmas.

Democrats furious over Obama administration deportations | The Seattle Times

Then Mr Gutierrez; you and your kind NEED to be charged with treason for protecting criminals who have NO right to even be in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 05:51 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,816,310 times
Boo Hoo!

When I visited China, I had to register at the local police station within 24 hours of arriving in the country and local officials knew where I was at all times. I am sure if I stayed even a minute over my visa date I would have been arrested and booted out of the country. I am not saying we should emulate a country like China, but where did this idea come from that America should be a dumping ground and that it is "mean" to deport people that deliberately break the law?

Last edited by ny789987; 01-09-2016 at 06:00 PM..

Old 01-09-2016, 08:36 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,389,089 times
If Gutierrez had any smart supporters at all, he won't now.

Old 01-10-2016, 06:16 AM

25,967 posts, read 22,149,005 times
Gosh, I thought that was the way it was supposed to work. I never heard of criminals being warned ahead of time that there was going to be a raid. Wouldn't that make having the raid sort of a waste of time?
I wonder if some of these people realize how stupid they sound.

Obama doesn't have to worry about being elected and he is as unpopular as stepping in a pile of horse poo so I can't see where he can make things worse for himself at this point.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:38 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,953,506 times
"These are folks who have been adjudged, as I understand it, by a court, have received an order to leave and have not left. And the law says that they need to leave,” House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer said during a press briefing this week. “It’s a relatively small number.”

Yup, a relatively small number.

'In fact, pro bono attorneys on the ground have a perfect record in winning requests to put deportations on hold, said Katie Shepherd, who runs the CARA project, a coalition of legal groups that volunteer to help families held at immigrant detention centers in south Texas. Of the seven families they rushed to protect out of the raids since Saturday, all have been allowed to remain temporarily in the U.S.'

All smoke and mirrors, and the traitors who advocate for these immigrants seem to be winning. Getting illegals out of this country is going to require a lot more effort and determination.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/obama-adm...-raids-big-way

Old 01-14-2016, 05:53 PM

7,516 posts, read 5,760,348 times
The lie is over as quickly as it was told. 14 people of 121 total. What a joke this President is!!

Trump 2016!

Deportations Stopped for 12 Immigrants Targeted in Raids - ABC News

Old 01-14-2016, 05:56 PM

50,347 posts, read 47,099,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
The lie is over as quickly as it was told. 14 people of 121 total. What a joke this President is!!

Trump 2016!

Deportations Stopped for 12 Immigrants Targeted in Raids - ABC News
Ha, everyone knew he was full of it. You can tell he's lying because his lips are moving...Oh and he's crying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration