U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-18-2016, 07:03 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Reputation: 5895

Advertisements

CNSNews.com) - House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday blasted House Republicans for their intention to file a legal brief challenging President Obama's unilateral actions on immigration. "It's ironic that...they're having this vote on St. Patrick's Day," Pelosi told a news conference. "Last night, we had a celebration of the Irish-American heritage.

Pelosi Complains: 50,000 Irish in the U.S. Illegally 'Can't Even Go Home for a Family Funeral'

That's a problem there, Pelosi?

Tho I'm of Irish family; they get NO special treatment from me because they're NO better than any other kind of illegal alien, even "brown" Hispanic people. All of their kind just need to go home. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2016, 03:50 AM
 
Location: the Sticks
6,730 posts, read 1,900,368 times
Reputation: 3420
Sucks to be criminals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2016, 08:00 AM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,127,846 times
Reputation: 6744
Is she telling the truth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2016, 12:32 PM
 
Location: Cape Cod
9,811 posts, read 7,116,916 times
Reputation: 17939
Really? What difference does skin colour and being able to speak English make when you have either snuck into the country or overstayed your Visa?

I'm sure there are many Irish here as well as people from many other nationalities that should not be here.

There are laws that need to be followed that is why they are laws. Someone back in the day thought it was a good idea to make up a bill that would make it a crime to be in the USA illegally without permission and there had to plenty of people who agreed and they passed the bill and made it a law.

Is Pelosi trying to make a case that these 50,000 people who are breaking the law should be allowed to go home then return after the funeral?

What's next are we going to pay their airfare?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2016, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,757 posts, read 10,604,372 times
Reputation: 3955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Really? What difference does skin colour and being able to speak English make when you have either snuck into the country or overstayed your Visa?
the bold is why, most people who are here illegally, came here legally. Which means Trumps wall wont solve the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2016, 01:39 PM
 
Location: North Beach, MD on the Chesapeake
32,116 posts, read 39,199,960 times
Reputation: 40582
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Is she telling the truth?

Pelosi? Flip a coin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2016, 02:31 PM
 
Location: MD's Eastern Shore
2,250 posts, read 2,726,205 times
Reputation: 3932
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
the bold is why, most people who are here illegally, came here legally. Which means Trumps wall wont solve the problem.
It'll do a hell of a lot to stop many Mexicans and Central Americans from coming in as many of those illegals would not qualify through the difficult process to get an actual visa to visit this country legally. It would also stop potential terrorists who otherwise would not qualify. A tourist/business visa is not all that easy to get and requires proof of income, job, bank account, ownership of house/car, no ties to a "gringo" SO, and other means to prove one has a reason to return home. That wall will stop the many who come from the south who can't obtain a visa.

So leave a well guarded opening in that wall big enough for an endless stream of busses to take the bastards back. And the illegal Irish and other nationalities that did come here legally but "forgot" to take their return trip home can get piled in the most economical low budget airplanes and taken back to their homes as well. Better yet, pile them in some old decrepit freighters that are wasting away and ship them back. It wasn't that long ago many came here by ship anyway. Point is, make their return trip so friken miserable they would rethink any further plans for returning. Which, of course if our laws were actually enforced they wouldn't be eligible for a visa for 10 years anyway!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2016, 03:29 PM
 
31,543 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Reputation: 8400
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
the bold is why, most people who are here illegally, came here legally. Which means Trumps wall wont solve the problem.

You're incorrect. Visa over stayers only make up 40% of illegals in our country. No, the wall won't solve that problem but it will solve the problem of the other 60%. We just need a better tracking system for visa over stayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2016, 04:03 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
It'll do a hell of a lot to stop many Mexicans and Central Americans from coming in as many of those illegals would not qualify through the difficult process to get an actual visa to visit this country legally. It would also stop potential terrorists who otherwise would not qualify. A tourist/business visa is not all that easy to get and requires proof of income, job, bank account, ownership of house/car, no ties to a "gringo" SO, and other means to prove one has a reason to return home. That wall will stop the many who come from the south who can't obtain a visa.

So leave a well guarded opening in that wall big enough for an endless stream of busses to take the bastards back. And the illegal Irish and other nationalities that did come here legally but "forgot" to take their return trip home can get piled in the most economical low budget airplanes and taken back to their homes as well. Better yet, pile them in some old decrepit freighters that are wasting away and ship them back. It wasn't that long ago many came here by ship anyway. Point is, make their return trip so friken miserable they would rethink any further plans for returning. Which, of course if our laws were actually enforced they wouldn't be eligible for a visa for 10 years anyway!
Illegal alien fans who try to throw the "race card" to defend their friends get a bit jumpy when us people who DON'T want illegal aliens here say we want ALL of their kind gone, NOT just "brown" Hispanic people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2016, 05:15 PM
 
25,346 posts, read 37,490,972 times
Reputation: 13268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're incorrect. Visa over stayers only make up 40% of illegals in our country. No, the wall won't solve that problem but it will solve the problem of the other 60%. We just need a better tracking system for visa over stayers.
Once the wall keeps the illegal aliens out than the focus can go to what to do with the ones who overstay their visa.

We don't know the amount of people refused entering the US which could also be a large group and that seems to work and therefore IMO there should be a solution to solve the issue of overstay on a visa.

Since there is no deportation or very low deportation under Obama it is easier to stay here.

If drivers licenses can't be renewed and SSN be canceled it will be easier to get people who over stay to leave.

The biggest issue may be F1 student visa's and in that case for the ones who enter and never attend a school or stop attending. That should be an easy cancellation of the visa.

If a drivers license would be connected to a visa and someone isn't attending school than cancel it all. That will make life more difficult to stay here.

BUT in CA alone 605,000 illegal aliens got a drivers license while we had to go every year to show all papers to renew.

How can that even be fair to any legal alien!

A child of a legal alien business owner on an E2 visa, can't get a SSN (regardless of being here 10 or 15 years) but someone entering on a student visa can get one the same day. How can that be fair!

An E2 College student can't become an RA at College but a foreign student entering the country on a F1 can be a RA the next day!

The system is so wrong!

Last edited by bentlebee; 03-19-2016 at 06:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top