Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 08:38 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

These are just some examples that illustrate how difficult it can be for undocumented children to access education in the country, according to a joint year-long research project by the Georgetown Law Human Rights Institute Fact-Finding Project and the Women’s Refugee Commission.

Some Immigrant Kids Are Being Barred From Going To School | ThinkProgress

Well; it sucks to be here illegally. If I tried that crap in Mexico and so on; I'd be locked up yesterday, oh well. Besides; where the hell are the parents IF these people are under age?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 03:57 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
My wife spoke to a client yesterday that is a grandmother whose grand daughter is having a tough time in her school due to the illegal children in her class. I think she said it was in South Carolina. It seems the granddaughter is not receiving the education that she should because the teacher is tied up in trying to get the Spanish speaking kids to understand the lessons.

It is not fair to the other kids when the teachers time is used up catering to kids of illegal immigrants, SO hire some translators and tutors but who is going to pay for them? The answer is the school system thanks to the Tax payers and that takes away from other programs.

This is such a difficult problem that could start to be solved by building a real wall and enforcing the immigration laws we already have. If America stops playing games the illegal immigrants will stop coming.
All kids should get an education but why should kids that are citizens be neglected and pay the price?

Old 04-13-2016, 11:21 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
My wife spoke to a client yesterday that is a grandmother whose grand daughter is having a tough time in her school due to the illegal children in her class. I think she said it was in South Carolina. It seems the granddaughter is not receiving the education that she should because the teacher is tied up in trying to get the Spanish speaking kids to understand the lessons.

It is not fair to the other kids when the teachers time is used up catering to kids of illegal immigrants, SO hire some translators and tutors but who is going to pay for them? The answer is the school system thanks to the Tax payers and that takes away from other programs.

This is such a difficult problem that could start to be solved by building a real wall and enforcing the immigration laws we already have. If America stops playing games the illegal immigrants will stop coming.
All kids should get an education but why should kids that are citizens be neglected and pay the price?
How do you know they are illegal? If they don't speak English you assume they are illegal? I am a upper middle class citizen and my kids learned Spanish first then English with my oldest barely got comfortable enough with English where it wasn't a problem by the time she started pre-k.

Old 04-13-2016, 11:49 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
How do you know they are illegal? If they don't speak English you assume they are illegal? I am a upper middle class citizen and my kids learned Spanish first then English with my oldest barely got comfortable enough with English where it wasn't a problem by the time she started pre-k.

Most citizen parents and legal immigrants would teach their children English so that they are prepared to enter our schools.

Old 04-13-2016, 01:07 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
These are just some examples that illustrate how difficult it can be for undocumented children to access education in the country, according to a joint year-long research project by the Georgetown Law Human Rights Institute Fact-Finding Project and the Women’s Refugee Commission.

Some Immigrant Kids Are Being Barred From Going To School | ThinkProgress

Well; it sucks to be here illegally. If I tried that crap in Mexico and so on; I'd be locked up yesterday, oh well. Besides; where the hell are the parents IF these people are under age?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Read my post, please. It's a copy/paste from the linked website.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:09 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
There are probably millions of children who are not here legally attending public schools. Here was an article about a few that are having trouble. One is a 16 year old from Honduras and the real complaint is that he did not receive enough help to learn English. The second mention is a girl who does not want to live with her sponsors in America.

The author of the article thinks this is a problem worth reporting?

Old 04-14-2016, 08:18 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
American taxpayers do NOT owe the children of illegal aliens a free pubic education.

In southern NH, the elderly (and anyone who gets laid off) are losing their paid-off houses, as property taxes skyrocket to make sure the kids--and the Teacher's Unions--have everything money can buy (whether useful or not). Since I went to school here, the costs of schools here have tripled, while results stayed the same--which may have something to do with places like Manchester having to pay for interpreters for the over 75 different languages spoken by the immigrant kids being brought here by liberal nonprofits.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:44 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
This so called compassion is going to end up killing America.

Where does it stop; one million, two million, twenty million? What if we simply levied a tax of $20,000/year on every American family in order to support the illegal.... I mean undocumented workers sneaking across the border to take advantage of the system we pay for?

Old 04-14-2016, 08:54 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most citizen parents and legal immigrants would teach their children English so that they are prepared to enter our schools.
Some how people have taken up the thought others should teach their children, this way people can complain their child is being left behind.

I just wonder how far down the scale of being un educated will American parents finally say enough is enough! And people are wondering why homeschooling and charter schools are on the rise........it's not rocket science!

Old 04-14-2016, 10:42 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
American taxpayers do NOT owe the children of illegal aliens a free pubic education.

In southern NH, the elderly (and anyone who gets laid off) are losing their paid-off houses, as property taxes skyrocket to make sure the kids--and the Teacher's Unions--have everything money can buy (whether useful or not). Since I went to school here, the costs of schools here have tripled, while results stayed the same--which may have something to do with places like Manchester having to pay for interpreters for the over 75 different languages spoken by the immigrant kids being brought here by liberal nonprofits.

IMO, parents should be required to teach their kids English before enrolling in our schools. Of course being the PC country that we are we bend over backwards for foreigners here illegally or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration