Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 08:27 PM

74 posts, read 619,707 times

Advertisements

. YOUR taxes pay for their stay in jail

Old 02-14-2008, 09:23 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxMover View Post
. YOUR taxes pay for their stay in jail
Really? Where do you get your info from? From the latest publication from the US Department of Justice - Office of Justice Programs - Bureau of Justice Statistics, they don’t show the same numbers as you.

Here is the link to the report:
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/pjim06.pdf (broken link)

Per some excerpts:
In the 12-month period ending June 30, 2006, the number of prisoners under the jurisdiction of State or Federal correctional authorities increased by 2.8% to reach 1,556,518
State and Federal prisons held 91,426 noncitizens on June 30, 2006
If you do the math you’ll see that the total number of non-citizens is less than 6% of the total.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:22 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
that was 91,426 more than taxpayers should be paying for, and since that was june 2006 it is probably a lot higher now.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:03 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,343,196 times
why would ANY real American want to stick up for
these illegal animals in the first place.. no matter if
it is 100 or 100,000,00 of them.. even just 1 is TOO many!
Hey but I guess if your are of the same race.. (mexican).. it
seems they have a duty or they feel they need to help out
thier fellow illegals.. no matter how bad thier crime is..
Murderers, rapist, molesters, drug dealers, thieves.. Guess if
they also end up in prison, they would want another defending
them also.. JMO.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:17 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,923 times
How much more of a wakeup call do non believers need? There IS no excuse for condoning illegal aliens in this country period. There's really nothing to debate. We have laws and they are being broken to every legal citizens detriment.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:09 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
them also.. JMO.
Arizona Bound -

I don't think madicarus2000 was making a post to stick up for ANYBODY. He was making a post to stick up for the TRUTH. There is so much inaccurate BS and fear-mongering thrown around on the Immigration board it's pathetic. So folks are against illegal immigration? Okay, that's fine. I think immigration should be controlled too - but what I don't think should be done is exaggeration, spreading unsubstantiated rumors and in some cases outright LYING about the facts simply to get people stirred up.

Apparently one of the 3 was the case in the original post.

If you can't make a case with the TRUE facts, then you can't make a case.

Posters should stick to the facts - not a bunch of made-up BS - and they'll get a whole lot better results and won't look like such a fool when the real facts are brought forth.

Is that so much to ask?
Or do you honestly believe that lying, exaggerating and spreading BS is OK under the circumstances?

Ken

Old 02-15-2008, 10:13 AM

402 posts, read 1,061,391 times
Quote:
Posters should stick to the facts - not a bunch of made-up BS - and they'll get a whole lot better results and won't look like such a fool when the real facts are brought forth.

This is true...........but not just for those of us who are anti illegal. The pro illegals are just as guilty of not checking out facts well enough before they post information.

And the fact is we ALL know that we have millions of illegals in our country, many who are here doing horrible crimes to our US citizens, getting away with committing crime after crime, time after time and still they are allowed to stay in this country.

One illegal alien (which is the first crime they have ALL committed, whether they are Mexican, or any other nationality) is simply one illegal alien too many. Something needs to be done, and many states are now doing what they can, Thank goodness. My whole family has been physical victims of illegal aliens...(what effects one family member effects every family member)
Our whole country (fellow Citizens) are victims of illegal aliens, they are costing all of us way too much.

People are angry, people are trying to get that across to TPTB and grasping at any straw to pass the word on to TPTB that we are fed up with their Amnesty and etc. It's time for them to take care of WE THE PEOPLE not the unwelcome alien.

So if they ( the posters)don't trace a story down to the original person who started it, so be it. If they don't go straight to official documents, so what?
We all know what is going on in this country. The fact remains we are over run with criminals who have no right to be here and it is the citizens who are supporting those criminals and free loaders. It's way past time for that to end. Just my $.02..

Old 02-15-2008, 10:30 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
This is true...........but not just for those of us who are anti illegal. The pro illegals are just as guilty of not checking out facts well enough before they post information.

And the fact is we ALL know that we have millions of illegals in our country, many who are here doing horrible crimes to our US citizens, getting away with committing crime after crime, time after time and still they are allowed to stay in this country.

One illegal alien (which is the first crime they have ALL committed, whether they are Mexican, or any other nationality) is simply one illegal alien too many. Something needs to be done, and many states are now doing what they can, Thank goodness. My whole family has been physical victims of illegal aliens...(what effects one family member effects every family member)
Our whole country (fellow Citizens) are victims of illegal aliens, they are costing all of us way too much.

People are angry, people are trying to get that across to TPTB and grasping at any straw to pass the word on to TPTB that we are fed up with their Amnesty and etc. It's time for them to take care of WE THE PEOPLE not the unwelcome alien.

So if they ( the posters)don't trace a story down to the original person who started it, so be it. If they don't go straight to official documents, so what?
We all know what is going on in this country. The fact remains we are over run with criminals who have no right to be here and it is the citizens who are supporting those criminals and free loaders. It's way past time for that to end. Just my $.02..
I agree that folks shouldn't have to track down EVERY bit of information that they hear in order to post it - but I also think that people need to use a bit of common sense and not simply take what they hear as fact simply because it happens to back up their convictions. The 33% number sounded like BS to me to begin with. I mean come on, get real - that sounds WAYYYYYYYY too high - and as it turns out it sounds like it is (6 1/2 times too high as a matter of fact - that's pretty darned far off - and I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to suspect that something is wrong with the original percentage). I'm of the opinion that every intelligent person should have a built-in automatic cr*p detector. If is SOUNDS farfetched it probably ISN'T TRUE.

Ken

Old 02-15-2008, 11:28 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
them also.. JMO.
Excellent point / question, Arizona Bound.

Don't we have enough criminals of our own without importing more from other countries?

Old 02-15-2008, 11:32 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
How much more of a wakeup call do non believers need? There IS no excuse for condoning illegal aliens in this country period. There's really nothing to debate. We have laws and they are being broken to every legal citizens detriment.
I agree, Crittersitter

The mere fact they are here confirms they have absolutely no respect for the laws of our country as well as our Border Patrol Agents. Expecting them to honor or respect any of our other laws is downright ludicrous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration