Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 04:32 PM

74 posts, read 619,744 times

Advertisements

Since the other thread was closed I could not post FACTS of from where I got my data.

FOR ALL THOSE THAT THINK THAT 33% IS A BS PERCENTAGE OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN OUR PRISON SYSTEM ----DONT KID YOURSELF.

FACT:
"At the federal level, the number of criminal aliens incarcerated increased from about 42,000 at the end of calendar year 2001 to about 49,000 at the end of calendar year 2004—a 15 percent increase. The percentage of all federal prisoners who are criminal aliens has remained the same over the last 3 years—about 27 percent. The majority of criminal aliens incarcerated at the end of calendar year 2004 were identified as citizens of Mexico. We estimate the federal cost of incarcerating criminal aliens— BOP’s cost to incarcerate criminals and reimbursements to state and local governments under SCAAP—totaled approximately $5.8 billion for calendar years 2001 through 2004. BOP’s cost to incarcerate criminal aliens rose from about $950 million in 2001 to about $1.2 billion in 2004—a 14 percent increase. Federal reimbursements for incarcerating criminal aliens in state prisons and local jails declined from $550 million in 2001 to $280 million in 2004, in a large part due to a reduction in congressional appropriations. "
Taken directly from the 2 and 3 page of the Government Accountability Office report
GAO REPORT--http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d05337r.pdf READ IT!!!
FYI: this is just for the federal prisons

Wikidepia states:
270,000 illegal im:migrants served jail time in 2003, representing 21% of the federal prison population. It is estimated that currently 27% of federal prison inmates are criminal aliens, noncitizens convicted of crimes while in this country legally or illegally.[15]

GAO REPORT-- http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d05337r.pdf READ IT!!!

I got the 33% FROM THIS ARTICLE:
Myths and lies of illegal immigration - Articles - THE AMERICAN RESISTANCE FOUNDATION
"Illegal aliens are NOT necessarily coming here to work. Lou Dobbs recently reported that 33 percent of our prison population is now comprised of non-citizens. Plus, 36 to 42 percent of illegal aliens are on welfare. So, for a good proportion of these people, the American dream is crime and welfare, not coming here to work. "
written by Kathy McKee; January 4, 2004; published in The Sonoran News

Last edited by JaxMover; 02-16-2008 at 04:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 04:51 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,665,258 times
Good place to start the MASS DEPORTATION.

Line em up and send them HOME.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:33 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,713,495 times
Great post, JaxMover!

Eliminate all incentives and many will self-deport asap.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:07 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
The fact that 27% of FEDERAL PRISONERS are illegal aliens does NOT mean that 33% of our prison population is non-citizens.

The VAST MAJORITY of prisoners in the US are not in FEDERAL PRISON at all but rather in STATE PRISON. The number of FEDERAL PRISIONERS is puny by comparison

Federal Prison is for those who commit FEDERAL CRIMES - such as drug smuggling and immigration-related crimes. So it is not at all surprising that that 1/4 of them (closer that actually than 1/3) are illegal aliens? Heck No. Some of them may even be in there transitionally simply for being illegal aliens.

It may surprise you that the most common crimes burglery, robbery, rape, murder etc are NOT Federal offenses but rather State crimes. Kidnapping and Bank Robbery are Federal crimes, but I would expect that many, perhaps most, of those in Federal prisons are there for smuggling (mostly drugs) etc - again, EXACTLY the types of crimes that one would expect illegal aliens to be convicted of.

It DOES NOT equate to 1/3 of our prison population being illegal aliens - it simply means that 1/4 of a narrow subset of our prison population is comprised of illegal aliens - a subset that is a tiny fraction of the total prison population in the US.

You need to get a better understanding of what you are reading.

Ken

Old 02-16-2008, 07:12 PM

PS - Thanks for taking the time to look up and and post your source. It's explains where you got your information from.

Ken

Old 02-16-2008, 07:39 PM

74 posts, read 619,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The fact that 27% of FEDERAL PRISONERS are illegal aliens does NOT mean that 33% of our prison population is non-citizens.

The VAST MAJORITY of prisoners in the US are not in FEDERAL PRISON at all but rather in STATE PRISON. The number of FEDERAL PRISIONERS is puny by comparison

Federal Prison is for those who commit FEDERAL CRIMES - such as drug smuggling and immigration-related crimes. So it is not at all surprising that that 1/4 of them (closer that actually than 1/3) are illegal aliens? Heck No. Some of them may even be in there transitionally simply for being illegal aliens.

It may surprise you that the most common crimes burglery, robbery, rape, murder etc are NOT Federal offenses but rather State crimes. Kidnapping and Bank Robbery are Federal crimes, but I would expect that many, perhaps most, of those in Federal prisons are there for smuggling (mostly drugs) etc - again, EXACTLY the types of crimes that one would expect illegal aliens to be convicted of.

It DOES NOT equate to 1/3 of our prison population being illegal aliens - it simply means that 1/4 of a narrow subset of our prison population is comprised of illegal aliens - a subset that is a tiny fraction of the total prison population in the US.

You need to get a better understanding of what you are reading.

Ken
KEN! You're simply proving my point. Earlier (on ther 1st thread on this subject) you stated that 33% would be a high figure for the number of illegal and/or non-citizens in our prison system. I believe that you said that 33% would be like 6 times time than what YOU believed it to be.

My point simply is that a SIGNIFICANT number of illegal immigrants / non-citizens / non-tax paying Americans (whatever) is extremely high and costing Americans BILLIONS.

My second post was to merely inform and back up my previous statement.

Peace, Love & Happiness

Old 02-16-2008, 08:07 PM

JaxMover -

The fact is that the title of both of your posts state that 33% of prison population are non-citizens. This is simply not true. Your second post indicates that a bit over 1/4 of the federal prison population are non-citizens but again that is not 33% of our total prison population - more like the 6% that Madicarus2000 indicated in your first post.

Your post above does indicate that Lou Dobbs says that's the case, but in truth all it says is that LOU DOBBS says that's the case (my repetition is deliberate) - not that it is actually IS the case - to be honest about it, based on the contridictory post by Madicarus2000 where he referenced the DOJ website with statistics, clearly Lou Dobbs is wrong.

I do agree though that ANY inmates - citizens or not, State or Federal prison - cost us money. That is simply common sense. I just don't think those numbers should be overblown or exaggerated for the sake of making some sort of political gain for your cause. The fact is it looks like it's more like 5-6% rather than 1/3 or even 1/4.

Ken

Old 02-16-2008, 09:08 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,751,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxMover View Post
Since the other thread was closed I could not post FACTS of from where I got my data.

FOR ALL THOSE THAT THINK THAT 33% IS A BS PERCENTAGE OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN OUR PRISON SYSTEM ----DONT KID YOURSELF.

FACT:
"At the federal level, the number of criminal aliens incarcerated increased from about 42,000 at the end of calendar year 2001 to about 49,000 at the end of calendar year 2004—a 15 percent increase. The percentage of all federal prisoners who are criminal aliens has remained the same over the last 3 years—about 27 percent. The majority of criminal aliens incarcerated at the end of calendar year 2004 were identified as citizens of Mexico. We estimate the federal cost of incarcerating criminal aliens— BOP’s cost to incarcerate criminals and reimbursements to state and local governments under SCAAP—totaled approximately $5.8 billion for calendar years 2001 through 2004. BOP’s cost to incarcerate criminal aliens rose from about $950 million in 2001 to about $1.2 billion in 2004—a 14 percent increase. Federal reimbursements for incarcerating criminal aliens in state prisons and local jails declined from $550 million in 2001 to $280 million in 2004, in a large part due to a reduction in congressional appropriations. "
Taken directly from the 2 and 3 page of the Government Accountability Office report
GAO REPORT--http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d05337r.pdf READ IT!!!
FYI: this is just for the federal prisons

Wikidepia states:
270,000 illegal im:migrants served jail time in 2003, representing 21% of the federal prison population. It is estimated that currently 27% of federal prison inmates are criminal aliens, noncitizens convicted of crimes while in this country legally or illegally.[15]

GAO REPORT-- http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d05337r.pdf READ IT!!!

I got the 33% FROM THIS ARTICLE:
Myths and lies of illegal immigration - Articles - THE AMERICAN RESISTANCE FOUNDATION
"Illegal aliens are NOT necessarily coming here to work. Lou Dobbs recently reported that 33 percent of our prison population is now comprised of non-citizens. Plus, 36 to 42 percent of illegal aliens are on welfare. So, for a good proportion of these people, the American dream is crime and welfare, not coming here to work. "
written by Kathy McKee; January 4, 2004; published in The Sonoran News
What you provided from the american resistance was not fact but just propaganda and wikepedia is not a valid source of info, i can even edit something falsely on wikepedia. The gao report you provided does not make any mention of the 33 percent being illegal immigrants.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:42 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,595,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What you provided from the american resistance was not fact but just propaganda and wikepedia is not a valid source of info, i can even edit something falsely on wikepedia. The gao report you provided does not make any mention of the 33 percent being illegal immigrants.
Actually the source was The Sonoran News, NOT the American Resistance. Try looking at what's presented rather than searching for your own prejudices...

Old 02-17-2008, 10:42 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,751,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Actually the source was The Sonoran News, NOT the American Resistance. Try looking at what's presented rather than searching for your own prejudices...
Whatever source it was, it was propaganda. They even got some of their "facts" from the lou dobbs show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration