Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 08:45 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,386,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Once gain, those statistic on the cost of illegal immigration are not from Trump making them up. Didn't I already post where they came from?

Illegal Immigration a $113 Billion a Year Drain on U.S. Taxpayers

This is the illegal immigration forum. Trump not disclosing his taxes has nothing to do with it. He was being audited and IMO no politician should have to make their tax returns public anyway. If there is anything being claimed illegally on anyone's tax returns it is up to the IRS to handle it.

Yeah right, like left wingers don't tow the party line.
read the article i linked
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 11:52 PM

1,059 posts, read 831,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlerainn View Post
Illegal citizens do not qualify for benefits, their children do. And what kind of pro-life people have a problem with feeding children no matter what country they're from. You care about life or you don't, compassion does not have conditions.
I am pro-choice NOT pro-birth, and my compassion for others' children is outweighed by my disdain for law breakers.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:02 AM

1,059 posts, read 831,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
A post continuing the obsession with a BS study...

https://www.cato.org/blog/heritage-i...fatally-flawed
You do know that study is ten years old.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:52 AM

13,301 posts, read 7,339,094 times
Quote:
The topic of birth control pills is not an illegal immigration topic but since you brought it up, IMO everyone should be responsible for paying for their own birth control not the taxpayer. There are however agencies and private organizations that may provide it for free.
It has everything to do with it because more kids they have here the more money they will get from welfare system, and the better chance they will not be deported. Welfare for each Anchor baby is about $100k 18 years on the system. $30 a month in contraceptive or 100k in welfare you choose. It's not going to work in all cases some just not use the contraceptive but it will help. The real fix to the situation is to modify the 14th Amendment.

Employment and 14th amendment is the 2 things that cause illegal immigration until you fix those things nothing will change. Trump's supporters have no clue how illegals are using the welfare system.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:33 AM

63,007 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
It has everything to do with it because more kids they have here the more money they will get from welfare system, and the better chance they will not be deported. Welfare for each Anchor baby is about $100k 18 years on the system. $30 a month in contraceptive or 100k in welfare you choose. It's not going to work in all cases some just not use the contraceptive but it will help. The real fix to the situation is to modify the 14th Amendment.

Employment and 14th amendment is the 2 things that cause illegal immigration until you fix those things nothing will change. Trump's supporters have no clue how illegals are using the welfare system.

Trump supporters are well aware how illegals are using our welfare system. Not sure where you are getting that they don't. Myself and other conservatives have posted many links depicting that they are. Illegal aliens aren't likely to use birth control even if it is provided to them as they know having many babies here is the key to helping to support themselves.

I agree that the misinterpretation of the 14th needs to be cleared up and the employment magnets removed. However, deterring them at the border should be a part of the solution also. Once they make their way in here it is hard to root them out. Also, criminals and terrorists aren't looking for jobs or welfare handouts.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:39 AM

25,974 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
I am pro-choice NOT pro-birth, and my compassion for others' children is outweighed by my disdain for law breakers.
One would think that those expressing such compassion for the children of illegal aliens would also be demanding that US citizens now in prison with their children in foster care be released immediately! Sadly, children of criminals suffer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post

Most of the illegal aliens are Catholics, more the hardcore type that don't practice birth control or use the rhythm method. They are not going to be interested in birth control, just like our citizen bottom feeders, because a baby increases the benefits.

Just get this bill moving and get it passed: BREAKING: Bill Introduced to End "Anchor Babies" Once and For All... Here's How

I am a Trump supporter and know others and we know EXACTLY how illegals are using the welfare system.
I have posted links to it in this forum literally hundreds of times at this point. I live among it, so I have a bird's eye view. I lived for 6 years in the Tucson area. We have relocated several times, and I research the areas before we move. I can say that AL was the only state that impressed me when it came to illegal aliens, and I am still celebrating Jeff Sessions being confirmed as Attorney General in combination with my continual celebration of the election of Donald Trump as our President.

I had a neighbor who was limiting their family to one child because of the expense even though they really wanted a second child. When I shop on welfare weekend, the store is loaded with non-English speaking families with 5 or 6 kids each, "stair steps", they also fill the school arriving with no English and the medical clinics. They are using a program at school meant to feed our own homeless citizens because "many families have had other families move in with them", and I know exactly what that means. Illegals pack themselves like sardines in houses. Two bedroom houses with 6 cars outside and then since they can't get food stamps for them, they milk the funds for our own homeless citizens. I was told "Well, they aren't exactly homeless." Yeah, you bet they aren't, they have a home country and they need to load them up and pack them out!

Old 02-09-2017, 08:34 AM

63,007 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
read the article i linked

I did. Get back with us when illegals don't cost us billions of dollars whether it be $113 or 20 billion or 5 billion. There is no denying that they do cost us billions of dollars above and beyond any of their so-called contributions. The 11 million number that are supposedly here is outdated also. There are far more than that.

Why are you focusing on the costs anyway? The bottom line is that they are here in violation of our immigration laws and that's all the argument we anti-illegals need.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:16 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,368,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
You do know that study is ten years old.
Actually the cite is a 2013 document in preparation for a reissue of the 2007 one. That reissue occurred. So both are reasonably recent.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:21 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,368,962 times
Quote:
I did. Get back with us when illegals don't cost us billions of dollars whether it be $113 or 20 billion or 5 billion. There is no denying that they do cost us billions of dollars above and beyond any of their so-called contributions. The 11 million number that are supposedly here is outdated also. There are far more than that.

Why are you focusing on the costs anyway? The bottom line is that they are here in violation of our immigration laws and that's all the argument we anti-illegals need.
Immigration laws are real only to the degree they are funded and enforced. We do not fund them at a level anywhere near that required. So no they are not in violation...the laws are no longer functional when not funded.

And there is no intent to fund to the level needed to enforce the laws. And it is not clear it would work if they were. The problem has simply been allowed to grow past the point at which it is fixable.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:42 PM

25,974 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Immigration laws are real only to the degree they are funded and enforced. We do not fund them at a level anywhere near that required. So no they are not in violation...the laws are no longer functional when not funded.

And there is no intent to fund to the level needed to enforce the laws. And it is not clear it would work if they were. The problem has simply been allowed to grow past the point at which it is fixable.
Talk about twisting of the truth! They are in violation of the Immigration Laws of the United States of America as you know. So, using your logic, selling illegal drugs is no longer against the law because the enforcement is not funded and enforced, right? Any law that doesn't have adequate enforcement, it is the fault of our country, so the criminal has not committed a crime?

What you'll see is that the law will be enforced. There won't be a big press conference where Trump makes an announcement that we will now start enforcing the laws, they will just be enforced. He has taken the handcuffs off of border patrol.

I suspect as a few get deported with just the shirt on their backs, others will load up the wagon and haul tail home or so goes my dream!

Seriously, not in violation of the law because there isn't enough enforcement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration