Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 01:15 AM

13,249 posts, read 7,308,440 times

Advertisements

Trump will do nothing to solve the problem unless he gets rid of Anchor baby they cross the border and reproduce like rabbits each kid is worth 1000's in welfare. Anchor baby is an American citizen so Trumps EO will do nothing to change anything it just make the stupid and uneducated folks think he is doing something. Trump needs to leave planned parenthood alone I'm a Republican but I'm all for Abortion and free birth control the less babies we have on welfare the better. Religious right can take a hike as far as I'm concerned I'm sick of working for these people 1/3 of the year. You always wonder why your taxes are withheld its so you don't notice how much your paying in taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 03:33 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Trump will do nothing to solve the problem unless he gets rid of Anchor baby they cross the border and reproduce like rabbits each kid is worth 1000's in welfare. Anchor baby is an American citizen so Trumps EO will do nothing to change anything it just make the stupid and uneducated folks think he is doing something. Trump needs to leave planned parenthood alone I'm a Republican but I'm all for Abortion and free birth control the less babies we have on welfare the better. Religious right can take a hike as far as I'm concerned I'm sick of working for these people 1/3 of the year. You always wonder why your taxes are withheld its so you don't notice how much your paying in taxes.
I'm a liberal and I feel the same way. If they take planned parenthood away, there will be even more women stuck with babies that they didn't want and can't afford. The boyfriend isn't going to pay for their baby so the women ends up on welfare. Religious right really needs to shut up and stop telling people what to do. Go ahead and practice their weird extremist "religion" but keep church and state separate.

Somebody's got to stop the anchor baby thing too. What a scam that is. As for immigrants, there are two kinds: legal and illegal. LEGAL immigrants can't get welfare, not for five years. They are required to have a sponsor who will help them out in the first five years if something goes wrong. After that, being a legal permanent resident, they could get welfare if something happened. Those are the rules and it would be unfair to punish the immigrants who obeyed the law. Not many would be on welfare anyway. It's the illegals, the ones who come sneaking in, circumventing the law. They need to go.

I don't think Trump is changing anything. That's the way it is anyway. The only thing is he might find a way to get the illegals out and stop more from coming in. Probably e-verify would be enforced so they couldn't get hired in the first place. Without jobs, they would self deport.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:31 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The truth isn't funny. The truth is that illegal aliens cost us $113 billion a year and that includes what taxes they do pay into the system.

Trump as a business man is only taking deductions that he is lawfully entitled to. If you don't like the fact that he has no tax liability at the end of the year then take it up with the IRS as he is doing nothing unlawful.

If Americans got their jobs back they in turn would be paying into SS. How are illegals paying into SS without using a fake or stolen SS number? Those are felonies. The foolish ones are those who defend illegal immigration as it is against the law and costing us in so many way.
Trump is a criminal, but he gets away with it because he's rich. It's that simple. Why do you think he doesn't release his tax returns? Don't be so naive just because he represents your party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
You must be a liberal. Legal vs. illegal. Legal vs. illegal. Legal vs illegal. Are you getting it yet? You really need to stop listening to liberal media. They are selling you all out and making you look, well, ignorant of the realities of illegal immigration.
There's no such thing as liberal media, and no i am not. I make up my mind about issues on a case by case basis based on real facts and not fake news from Fox or the president, or based on some party ideologue like so many right wingers and conservatives.

Quote:
They aren't going to get this any time soon.

Actually, you are wrong. They do continue to collect welfare. And, no, they don't have to search for work under certain conditions and illegals aren't supposed to be searching for work, they simply depend on the anchor babies to bring in the monthly check and other benefits. Illegal aliens are not eligible to work in the USA.

In your dream only! Illegal aliens (these people are not citizens of the USA) live in government subsidized housing, one anchor lands the whole family there. Pregnant illegal aliens get maternity care from conception to birth. Illegal aliens use emergency room services at 3 times the rate of American citizens and the cost if picked up by Medicaid, the taxpayers.

2 billion a year in emergency services: How Undocumented Immigrants Sometimes Receive Medicaid Treatment | PBS NewsHour

Medicaid for Illegal Immigrants | Emergency Medicaid

The Cost of Welfare Use By Immigrant and Native Households | Center for Immigration Studies

Many illegal immigrants live in public housing - USATODAY.com

And, I am betting you are one that likes to call them "undocumented" which leads to yet another way they rob the taxpayers:

Illegal, but Not Undocumented | Center for Immigration Studies

Fake news? No this didn't come from liberal media.

The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers (2013)
Quote:
What falsehood? What fake news? I have a source for the $113 billion that illegals cost us. I don't stretch the truth maybe you do and that's why you assume I or others do it. This research was done way before Trump ever came on the scene.

Illegal Immigration a $113 Billion a Year Drain on U.S. Taxpayers
Donald Trump says illegal immigration costs $113 billion a year | PolitiFact

Old 02-08-2017, 02:36 AM

13,249 posts, read 7,308,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I'm a liberal and I feel the same way. If they take planned parenthood away, there will be even more women stuck with babies that they didn't want and can't afford. The boyfriend isn't going to pay for their baby so the women ends up on welfare. Religious right really needs to shut up and stop telling people what to do. Go ahead and practice their weird extremist "religion" but keep church and state separate.

Somebody's got to stop the anchor baby thing too. What a scam that is. As for immigrants, there are two kinds: legal and illegal. LEGAL immigrants can't get welfare, not for five years. They are required to have a sponsor who will help them out in the first five years if something goes wrong. After that, being a legal permanent resident, they could get welfare if something happened. Those are the rules and it would be unfair to punish the immigrants who obeyed the law. Not many would be on welfare anyway. It's the illegals, the ones who come sneaking in, circumventing the law. They need to go.

I don't think Trump is changing anything. That's the way it is anyway. The only thing is he might find a way to get the illegals out and stop more from coming in. Probably e-verify would be enforced so they couldn't get hired in the first place. Without jobs, they would self deport.

To get rid of Anchor baby problem it would take constitutional amendment but I can guarantee you they have the votes in every state ratify it. Why don't they because lobbyist like the US chamber of commerce and their fat cats who pay them don't want illegal immigration to change because cheap labor. The system we have now allows for the employer to claim ignorance, or subcontract a business which hires illegals lot of that in home construction out west even the business owners are illegals themselves.

I keep seeing religious nut's on TV saying they don't want government to pay for birth control pills why not? Even most religions don't have problems with Birth Control and if there is one thing they want to do so they can prevent abortion that is to prevent the pregnancy to begin with this makes no sense to me. I would bet about 99% republics are using birth control in their own marriage.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:52 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,052,616 times
Quote:

You claim that women get 'stuck' with babies they didn't want; and yet the libs spout off about how great women are . . . yet, these same women still haven't figured it out how they got pregnant in the first place? They haven't the mental capacity to use birth control without an organization called Planned Parenthood?

Or simply abstain from having sex if they don't want a baby?

Guess all these 'great women' aren't as great as previously thought.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:16 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Trump is a criminal, but he gets away with it because he's rich. It's that simple. Why do you think he doesn't release his tax returns? Don't be so naive just because he represents your party.

There's no such thing as liberal media, and no i am not. I make up my mind about issues on a case by case basis based on real facts and not fake news from Fox or the president, or based on some party ideologue like so many right wingers and conservatives.

Donald Trump says illegal immigration costs $113 billion a year | PolitiFact

Once gain, those statistic on the cost of illegal immigration are not from Trump making them up. Didn't I already post where they came from?

This is the illegal immigration forum. Trump not disclosing his taxes has nothing to do with it. He was being audited and IMO no politician should have to make their tax returns public anyway. If there is anything being claimed illegally on anyone's tax returns it is up to the IRS to handle it.

Yeah right, like left wingers don't tow the party line.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:21 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
To get rid of Anchor baby problem it would take constitutional amendment but I can guarantee you they have the votes in every state ratify it. Why don't they because lobbyist like the US chamber of commerce and their fat cats who pay them don't want illegal immigration to change because cheap labor. The system we have now allows for the employer to claim ignorance, or subcontract a business which hires illegals lot of that in home construction out west even the business owners are illegals themselves.

I keep seeing religious nut's on TV saying they don't want government to pay for birth control pills why not? Even most religions don't have problems with Birth Control and if there is one thing they want to do so they can prevent abortion that is to prevent the pregnancy to begin with this makes no sense to me. I would bet about 99% republics are using birth control in their own marriage.

The topic of birth control pills is not an illegal immigration topic but since you brought it up, IMO everyone should be responsible for paying for their own birth control not the taxpayer. There are however agencies and private organizations that may provide it for free.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:26 PM

1,185 posts, read 804,287 times
Once the law is amended so that children of illegals are not citizen, then everything will change.

Come here illegally, have a lot of kids, law says you're illegal so your kids cannot be citizen = ACLU and the democrats sues the govt to give $$ to the illegals.

Yep that makes sense.

Next we should release all crack dealers from jail since the haven't broken any laws so why should they be punished?????

Wait there is a law that says selling crack is illegal. So lets enforce that one but lets not enforce the one that can potentially put dangerous people on the streets.

Liberal logic.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:19 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Once gain, those statistic on the cost of illegal immigration are not from Trump making them up. Didn't I already post where they came from?

This is the illegal immigration forum. Trump not disclosing his taxes has nothing to do with it. He was being audited and IMO no politician should have to make their tax returns public anyway. If there is anything being claimed illegally on anyone's tax returns it is up to the IRS to handle it.

Yeah right, like left wingers don't tow the party line.
A post continuing the obsession with a BS study...

https://www.cato.org/blog/heritage-i...fatally-flawed

Old 02-08-2017, 05:58 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:

They don't abort anchor babies, that would defeat the whole purpose of getting pregnant for them. Keep in mind, this is the illegal immigration forum.

Welfare Use by Legal and Illegal Immigrant Households | Center for Immigration Studies

Without job, they just have more babies, sell illegal drugs, steal......... I live among them and have in 2 different states.

Quote:

What does birth control pills have to do with illegal immigration. Anchor babies are cash in the bank for illegal aliens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Once the law is amended so that children of illegals are not citizen, then everything will change.

Come here illegally, have a lot of kids, law says you're illegal so your kids cannot be citizen = ACLU and the democrats sues the govt to give $$ to the illegals.

Yep that makes sense.

Next we should release all crack dealers from jail since the haven't broken any laws so why should they be punished?????

Wait there is a law that says selling crack is illegal. So lets enforce that one but lets not enforce the one that can potentially put dangerous people on the streets.

Liberal logic.
https://www.numbersusa.com/news/rep-...ht-citizenship

[quote=lvmensch;47129099]A post continuing the obsession with a BS study...

Sorry, But Illegal Aliens Cost The U.S. Plenty | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

https://amac.us/illegal-immigration-cost-1/

U.S. GAO - Illegal Aliens: National Net Cost Estimates Vary Widely

Illegal aliens are criminals. We enforce the law against our own criminals. We have over a million non-violent citizens imprisoned.

If an illegal alien costs me 2 cents, that 2 cents too much! Load them up and ship them out!

LET US NOT FORGET THE OTHER COSTS: http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/v...ory.asp?id=196 This link is worth taking a couple of minutes to look at. I just discovered it while doing my "research".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration