Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 12:03 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,495,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Not that it matters, but my take on this latest incident that is causing civil unrest, is the beginning of Trump following his commitment to round( them) up.
In another post regarding illegals, I stated Trump would not round up, or deport until he had all his ducks in a row.
I still firmly believe that.

Today's raids were what could be called a "practice run".
Trump needs to see what a roundup on a limited scale would cause, in terms of public outcry.
Today was nothing more than a test run.
I am sure you will see similar small events involving ice, throughout the country.

Once the criminal element is deported, you can bet the mass roundups, and deportations will be running full scale.
The Trump administration IS going to keep it's word, and rid the country of illegals, just as was promised during the campaign.
It may take a long time, but I believe it will get done.

Bob.
The great part too is these CA politicians can't do anything since it's a federal issue .
All they can do is scream and act outraged .
They don't control immigration laws .

When people realize the crimes many of these folks have committed and they see that these politicians have been crying to keep them here , I think more and more people will be happy these folks are being deported .

Then the politician will be on record standing up for criminals .

These liberal sanctuary city mayors have really made themselves to look foolish recently .

Mayor of New York recently said illegals shouldn't be deported for DUIs because it can "break up families" .

Old 02-10-2017, 06:07 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,693,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah these politicians in L.A and CA don't even seem to make any efforts anymore to appeal to legal citizens at least that I can see . Everything is focused on protecting illegals . Hiring lawyers for them . Threatening to sue federal government for them . Legalizing their illegal street vending carts .
The list goes on .
This is why Republicans have been leaving the state for years. The only thing left are mega wealthy people and poop people.

Old 02-10-2017, 06:49 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,198,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
It's such an alternate universe that we live in. We aren't even allowed to enforce our immigration laws. And illegal jobs are more important than American jobs. Liberalism is truly a cancer.
Indeed it is. I truly hope the Trump Administration effectively prosecutes and eliminates illegal aliens.

Old 02-10-2017, 09:43 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,693,686 times
Trump is going to round up and deport the criminal illegals. As far as everyone else, all he has to do is implement e-verify and start enforcing it by fining businesses. People will self-deport. No need to round anyone up.

Old 02-10-2017, 09:43 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,405,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Indeed it is. I truly hope the Trump Administration effectively prosecutes and eliminates illegal aliens.
They are not going to be eliminating anything. The wall is a idiotic idea.

Prosecuting them? Bwahahaha. The expense would cripple us.

Now...mandatory everify, make it a crime to rent to anyone not legal, and voila! 95% of the problem solved.

I don't disagree with getting rid of illegals. I just think the chosen method is idiotic.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:56 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,960,938 times
I don't know if some of these comments are posted because people actually believe them or it's to frustrate other C-D members so they'll stop posting on these forums.

The raids in CA have been routine. Every immigration official said there have been raids for years, including during the Obama administration, but they're only getting this much attention because of the new president.

There has been fake outrage on both sides, however. Immigration Rights Activists are blaming Trump to spark anger and protests and, as apparent by these threads, his supporters are willing to eat it up, since they want to believe Trump is actually accomplishing something as POTUS. As I've written many times, a lot of people were deported during the Obama administration, more than 2 million.

[url=http://ktla.com/2017/02/09/protests-erupt-in-downtown-l-a-following-reports-of-immigration-raids-at-homes-in-l-a-san-bernardino-and-ventura-counties/]Protest Erupts in Downtown L.A. Following Reports of Immigration Raids at Homes Across Southern California | KTLA[/url]

"While immigration advocates say more than 100 people were detained Thursday as U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials conducted home raids across three Southern California counties, the federal agency insists its operations were "routine" and not part of President Donald Trump's unprecedented immigration crackdown."

[URL="http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/factcheck/ct-fact-check-immigration-raids-trump-20170210-story.html"]Fact check: Are recent immigration raids result of Trump policy?[/URL]

"David Marin, Immigration and Customs Enforcement's field office director for enforcement and removal operations in greater Los Angeles, said the agency carries out these operations two or three times a year in his region. He says the California operation was in the planning stages "before the administration came out with their current executive orders."

Old 02-11-2017, 12:21 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,960,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
They are not going to be eliminating anything. The wall is a idiotic idea.

Prosecuting them? Bwahahaha. The expense would cripple us.

Now...mandatory everify, make it a crime to rent to anyone not legal, and voila! 95% of the problem solved.

I don't disagree with getting rid of illegals. I just think the chosen method is idiotic.
Exactly! People automatically accuse someone of encouraging and supporting illegal immigration because he/she believes the wall is a waste of money. I posted this on another thread.

[URL="http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trumps-border-wall-waste-time-money-retiring-border/story?id=44978156"]Retiring Border Chief Calls Trump's Wall a Waste of Time, Money [/URL]

I agree that a common sense enforcement like the ones you mentioned will be very effective. There are some areas that need better security too, including cameras, helicopters and additional agents.

In any case, these raids are routine and, according to several officials, were already planned before Trump took office. The stories help ignite people on both sides, and the media doesn't care as long as people are paying attention.

It's difficult to know what to believe any more, but I'll take the word of the immigration director I quoted above. There's no reason he would lie about these raids being routine and planned before the Trump EO went into effect. We just didn't hear about the raids as much because Obama didn't like the label "Deporter in Chief" and Trump wears it proudly.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:37 AM

36,666 posts, read 67,617,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy
The raids in CA have been routine. Every immigration official said there have been raids for years, including during the Obama administration, but they're only getting this much attention because of the new president.
Yep these are routine and they are going after the criminal offenders as they should.

Nothing to see here folks, carry on.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:40 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,495,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yep these are routine and they are going after the criminal offenders as they should.

Nothing to see here folks, carry on.
But your homies are angry .

Old 02-11-2017, 12:42 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,283,871 times
democrats are retarded people....they don't want a wall on the border to stop the flow of illegal immigration and they don't want deportations........I'm like WTF!

That's like a bank owner telling his clients I will not put a safe with security to protect your money and I won't prosecute bank robbers.

that party has gone mad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration