Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 03:57 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,862,153 times

Advertisements

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.5341...7i13312!8i6656

I didn't know if most Americans know this, but that is a picture illustrating how lax the borders are today.

Can't wait for President Trump authorizing the wall, to make america safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 07:33 AM

25,960 posts, read 22,107,325 times
I didn't click on your link, I couldn't bear to see it again. I have watched a couple of documentaries on it and it just made me furious! When we moved to southern AZ in 1990, I talked with border patrol about illegal immigration after learning that my son with Down syndrome was being denied sufficient speech therapy because "English as a Second Language" was part of "Special Education" and consuming so much of the fund that they could not afford to teach my son a first language. I could not believe the amount of people that entered the US illegally every month, thousands!

I have watched and every time there was any discussion of the possibility of amnesty, they poured in. I could see it in AZ and I can see it here in KS.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:37 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,093,931 times
There are cameras all over the place.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:18 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,093,931 times
And drones.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:55 AM

2,309 posts, read 901,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
There are cameras all over the place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
And drones.

And how did those prevent illegals from entering?

Old 07-29-2017, 01:30 PM

628 posts, read 695,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.google.com/maps/@32.5341...7i13312!8i6656

I didn't know if most Americans know this, but that is a picture illustrating how lax the borders are today.

Can't wait for President Trump authorizing the wall, to make america safe.
Like the Obama care????

Old 07-29-2017, 02:13 PM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times
If Trump tries it we all know there is going to be huge backlash from the so called Social Justice Warriors.
We have already seen protest where signs have been held high "NO BAN NO WALL" These clowns just don't get it and I don't think they ever will until they are slapped hard and one of their loved ones is hurt by a terrorist or illegal alien.

Their minds think "If we could only show them more love they wouldn't try to kill us and they wouldn't be smuggling their drugs across that border". Yeah...

Here is an idea: When Trump rounds up the MS13 gang members we will take one of those guys with all the face tattoos and the death stare and for anyone that voted for Hillary we will put that guy in their living room and give him a 6 pack and turn on the TV. We will then see how the Liberal feels about that and they are not allowed to call the cops.

Old 07-29-2017, 04:14 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,019 times
Building the wall is like putting a Band-Aid on a bullet wound. It won't fix the internal damage or stop from getting shot in the first place.

You can build a wall a mile high and it will only help the Cartels make more money getting them in.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:11 PM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
Building the wall is like putting a Band-Aid on a bullet wound. It won't fix the internal damage or stop from getting shot in the first place.

You can build a wall a mile high and it will only help the Cartels make more money getting them in.

There will always be those who try but don't you think it will discourage many?

If the wall can stop half of the aliens and half the drugs that would be a good thing right?

The internal damage is slowly repaired as criminal illegals are picked up and sent back. I'm sure that most except for the most extreme liberal would agree that there is something wrong when someone can be deported multiple times yet they keep getting back in until they finally do something heinous enough like killing an innocent person for our liberal courts to get tough on them.

There are 11 million illegals in the country that the Democrats will admit to but it is probably more like 20 million. Imagine if half of those people were to be found and removed from our society. Crime would go down, welfare pay outs would go down and imagine this Obamacare might actually work because the illegals are not paying into it yet when they get injured or sick they go to the emergency room for treatment. No insurance? Who pays for that....? We all do.

Having millions of people live in our society yet they are beholding to few laws as we have seen does not end well for citizens and legal immigrants who are left to pick up the pieces.

Build the wall.

Old 07-29-2017, 06:26 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There will always be those who try but don't you think it will discourage many?

If the wall can stop half of the aliens and half the drugs that would be a good thing right?

The internal damage is slowly repaired as criminal illegals are picked up and sent back. I'm sure that most except for the most extreme liberal would agree that there is something wrong when someone can be deported multiple times yet they keep getting back in until they finally do something heinous enough like killing an innocent person for our liberal courts to get tough on them.

There are 11 million illegals in the country that the Democrats will admit to but it is probably more like 20 million. Imagine if half of those people were to be found and removed from our society. Crime would go down, welfare pay outs would go down and imagine this Obamacare might actually work because the illegals are not paying into it yet when they get injured or sick they go to the emergency room for treatment. No insurance? Who pays for that....? We all do.

Having millions of people live in our society yet they are beholding to few laws as we have seen does not end well for citizens and legal immigrants who are left to pick up the pieces.

Build the wall.
I don't want to discourage them from trying to get here, I want them to not even think about it, those days are over!

If the wall discourages 50% of them which is 10 million by your estimation it's still an enormous problem. We would still need funding to deal with the same problem.

Take all the money to build the wall and hire more border enforcement, ICE agents and enforce the immigration laws in place.. Stopping them from expecting to get away with it will stop illegal immigration.

The wasted time to find funding for the wall would be better spent building a passable budget to strengthen the forces in place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration