Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 09:55 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

Fear of a quick deportation has reached the point that Charlotte’s undocumented immigrants are taking steps in advance to find guardians for their children and caretakers for their homes and possessions.

One hundred such parents came to the Camino Community Center in Charlotte last weekend to complete notarized letters assigning guardianship for about 500 minors – in case of an immigration emergency.

Read more here: Charlotte

Good.

Maybe word will get out the US ain't playing with illegal aliens in 2017.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 05:50 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
How did they manage to buy homes if they are illegally here?

Old 03-23-2017, 06:52 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,671 times
Why not take their precious bundles of joy with them??

Old 03-23-2017, 06:55 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
How did they manage to buy homes if they are illegally here?
Didn't Obama make it easier for people who couldn't afford homes to buy them anyway? And, as far as "how", "how" do they manage to get the money, especially down payment when they can't work in the USA. Think, "sympathizers and exploiters"!

I suspect they are leaving the kids as a place holder so the kids can help them get into the country legally although I wonder if deported if they won't have a more difficult time coming back in. Word to the "wise" illegal alien, go before you are deported!

Looks like they need a few buses headed for the border for over 50,000 illegal aliens.

The kids left behind will still draw benefits and can sponsor the parents when they reach adulthood. Of course, if we don't build the wall, they crawl back in after deportation!

Old 03-23-2017, 08:20 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
If I were deported to another country, I would sure as hell take my kids with me. Nobody FORCES kids to STAY in the US if you're deported.

I'm sorry, but I'm over these articles. They knew the risks. Maybe they were emboldened by lack of enforcement. Maybe they would have never come if this had been the policy for decades. Maybe it will hurt for them. But maybe it will discourage others from doing the same in the future.

For laws to be effective they have to be enforced.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:49 AM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Why are immigrants fretting about being deported? Legal immigrants have no need to worry. Is this post about illegal aliens or legal immigrants?

I think anyone who "lives in the shadows" knows that their time might come when they are caught out. It is sad that for the past 8 years they have been given a pass and assurances that the law will not be applied to them and when Hillary wins the election amnesty is just around the corner.

What a bunch of tangled lies that were fed to these people giving them hope but America is a land of laws and everyday across this great country people who break the laws face justice.

These people broke the law and will be separated from their families. How is that any different then a father who is a citizen breaking the law and being separated from his family when he goes to prison? He can't take his kids with him.

It is sad to see a family split up and sadder that they were lied to by Obama and the Dems but we have immigration laws for a reason.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:08 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,937 times
IRS should seize their assets and issue a refund to all the tax payers, who have been forced into paying for illegal's benefits.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:17 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
They can't collect welfare that way. The US guardians will use the kid for government benefits then send that money to the parents in Mexico.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:28 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
They are citizens and ex post facto is not allowed. Shrug. Change the law for future generations.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:11 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,803 times
I would think they would have already had this in place knowing the consequences of illegal immigration.
For those who really want to be citizens I think there should be a way to get them on the right track to that before sending them back. A lot of them have no interest in becoming American citizens though, so guest worker programs would be a better alternative.

I hope the reform includes setting new guidelines so that employers can't fire Americans just to cut their bottom line. Everyone here needs to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration