Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 12:55 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times

Advertisements

What is more funny is the left is trying to bypass Federal Laws which has been on the books for years. It is simple comply or get defunded.
The left conveniently forgets the threats Obama and holder did against AZ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 01:28 PM

6,227 posts, read 3,409,932 times
I agree 100%...seems liberal like laws that go against the wishes of the majority.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:30 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You can tell CNN's bias.

They start with "(CNN)Immigration and Customs Enforcement has been targeting so-called "sanctuary cities"

Then go on to define what a sanctuary city is, contradicting themselves.

"A sanctuary city is a broad term applied to states, cities and/or counties that have policies in place designed to limit cooperation or involvement in the enforcement of federal immigration operations. More than 100 US jurisdictions -- among them New York, Los Angeles and Chicago -- identify as such."

So, why use "so-called' when these cities/states have publicly claim to be such?
The local news station here reported yesterday that ICE is not only arresting criminals, but illegals. lolol My first thought: "are you KIDDING?" They're illegal here and you're upset that they're arrested and being sent back? Where and when did Democrats come up with this whole notion that being illegal was legal? That's all I want to know.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:18 AM

1,225 posts, read 605,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
The local news station here reported yesterday that ICE is not only arresting criminals, but illegals. lolol My first thought: "are you KIDDING?" They're illegal here and you're upset that they're arrested and being sent back? Where and when did Democrats come up with this whole notion that being illegal was legal? That's all I want to know.
Overstay isn't criminal. If that is indeed their only infraction they're not a criminal.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:26 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
Overstay isn't criminal. If that is indeed their only infraction they're not a criminal.
The question is how can they exist her if overstay is the only infraction? Either someone is supporting them completely or they are breaking other laws.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:53 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
when she was put in office to protect the Citizens of the county.
So all those Travis County residents who are green card holders, H1B visa holders, etc., can go pound sand?

Old 05-02-2017, 09:51 AM

1,225 posts, read 605,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The question is how can they exist her if overstay is the only infraction? Either someone is supporting them completely or they are breaking other laws.
Some are married to US citizens or have us citizen children

Old 05-02-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Some are married to US citizens or have us citizen children
So what? Does being married to a US citizen or have children born in the US make them legal? Of course not, and that is only an excuse that open border people make.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So all those Travis County residents who are green card holders, H1B visa holders, etc., can go pound sand?
No I don't think so...I have yet to see anyone who has said that legal aliens should be deported. In fact I think the majority of people think that is the way to go for foreigners to be able to enter the US to work.

Now if you want to talk about the H1B visa holders abuses that is entirely different topic.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
You are talking about overstay of visas, right?

I am not sure you are getting the drift of things....As far as I know no overstay is at present being pursued for deportation. In fact I don't think the federal government even knows who and where the majority of those overstayed are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration