Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 07:00 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - Texas Republican Governor Greg Abbott signed into law on Sunday a measure to punish "sanctuary cities," despite a plea from police chiefs of the state's biggest cities to halt the bill they said would hinder their ability to fight crime.

The Texas measure comes as Republican U.S. President Donald Trump has made combating illegal immigration a priority. Texas, which has an estimated 1.5 million illegal immigrants and the longest border with Mexico of any U.S. state, has been at the forefront of the immigration debate.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-gov...004809093.html

If I was an illegal alien in Texas, I'd be thinking about leaving and real fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 07:46 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,255,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
If I was an illegal alien in Texas, I'd be thinking about leaving and real fast.
Maybe if all states and cities sign similar laws, maybe many of the invaders will go home.

Deport them all and the sooner the better!!! My wife came in legally and had to wait for the paperwork to be processed and pay all fees, I wonder if those who want illegals to stay would be willing to pay all the fees and penalties to legalize them...Not likely, many of those who complain are only good at spending other peoples tax money.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:08 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,007,010 times
Let the lawsuits and boycotts begin.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:10 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Bring it on!

A LOT of Americans like me would SUPPORT Texas to "flip off" the illegal alien fans. lol

Old 05-07-2017, 08:14 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,007,010 times
Quote:
Bring it on!

A LOT of Americans like me would SUPPORT Texas to "flip off" the illegal alien fans. lol
I love your confidence but you will soon see Governor A-Nut sign the repeal after he and the state get hit with a massive media blitz of negative publicity. You cannot force local officials to enforce immigration laws and I know both conservative and legal justices will have a filed with this.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:08 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
I'm in Texas. I can't wait for our cops to start rounding illegals up. FINALLY.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:19 PM

589 posts, read 300,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
And Sherriff Hernandez, Mayor Adler and City Council Greg Casar and anyone else who support these Illegal Aliens. Glad our Governor has some sense and decency and has his priorities straight unlike the local government appointees. Deport these Illegals and imprison these traitorous city leaders.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:27 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhippie1234 View Post
How shameful! We need open borders! All these people need a place to live and they do work we won't do. It's well known that we are stronger because of diversity and we should welcome anyone who wants to be here.
You want to eliminate a country's defined boundaries and immigration laws? Nobody can freely walk into any country and settle down without consequences.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:20 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
The anchors are just going to have to deal with the consequences their Parents will get from really bad choices. You can always move with them.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:55 AM

25,964 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
What against enforcing our laws? Does that honestly make any sense whatsoever to you? Supporting people who have no respect for our laws.................

I think you have backwards: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ctuary-cities/ and http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/er...nctuary-cities and https://www.alipac.us/f9/boycott-san...unsafe-321103/

Quote:
Bring it on!

It would also make it a safer destination to visit, and tourism counts. I know there are many areas that should be avoided, so a "clean up" of criminals would be a plus in that area.

Quote:
I love your confidence but you will soon see Governor A-Nut sign the repeal after he and the state get hit with a massive media blitz of negative publicity. You cannot force local officials to enforce immigration laws and I know both conservative and legal justices will have a filed with this.
They'll be cheering him. Surely you still remember Trump as he spoke of enforcing immigration laws, that is where the cheering began and it will extend to all of those brave enough to step up and support the laws of our country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I imagine it will be a real relief. I am happy for you. Hopefully, my state, KS, gets tough with them, but employers here love the cheap labor even though it destroys are neighborhoods and schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The anchors are just going to have to deal with the consequences their Parents will get from really bad choices. You can always move with them.
The hope is they take their children with them, but since the anchors can only continue to get public assistance if they stay in the country, it is more likely they will whine, leave them with a relative, and get the monthly stipend from the anchor. Here, they have to collect food for them at school to take home on the weekends, I suggested that they need to contact Child Protective Services if children aren't being fed at home, ah, they didn't appreciate my input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration