Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 03:33 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Tania Unzueta is the legal and policy director for Mijente, a national racial justice organization. She is an undocumented leader in Chicago, IL.

Congress must probe Trump

Hey ICE: we've got a real live 1 for you, please go arrest this illegal alien.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 03:51 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Tania Unzueta is the legal and policy director for Mijente, a national racial justice organization. She is an undocumented leader in Chicago, IL.

Congress must probe Trump

Hey ICE: we've got a real live 1 for you, please go arrest this illegal alien.

I don't understand what the group stands for. A national racial justice organization? What does race have to do with illegal immigration? I found her title of "undocumented leader" kind of funny to.

Old 08-20-2017, 04:29 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Don't they understand the word "temporary". Those programs were "temporary" and, frankly, seemed like they were not even legal to begin with. The plus is that we have lists of people for easy apprehension.

Kind of funny though. They want to make it about "race", when it isn't, but we all know that is their go-to when they don't have a valid argument, but the truth is that it appears that the reason the illegal aliens being deported or about to be deported are latino/Hispanic is because they are the ones that are breaking and have broken the law.

I hope they end all of those programs as quickly as possible. I know now they simply don't have the resources, I think that is why there is a delay, after all, we know who and where they are when ready to pick them up - sitting ducks!

Old 08-21-2017, 05:43 AM

1,225 posts, read 605,883 times
Tps will go, DACA in betting will stay

Old 08-21-2017, 08:01 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
Tps will go, DACA in betting will stay

If DACA remains it will set a precident that all one has to do is to bring their kids here illegally and they will be home free. Not only that but these DACA's will be crying separation of families demanding that their illegal parents be able to remain also. We don't need them competing for jobs, college seats and resources against Americans either.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If DACA remains it will set a precident that all one has to do is to bring their kids here illegally and they will be home free. Not only that but these DACA's will be crying separation of families demanding that their illegal parents be able to remain also. We don't need them competing for jobs, college seats and resources against Americans either.
Thousands of children have been separated from their citizen parent(s) because the parent(s) didn't follow our laws. Many of the children have ended up in foster care, why aren't a lot of threads about how unfair this is?

They ruining the schools. Here we lose many good teachers because they do not have the time to teach the required material, because they spend their time dealing with children who do not speak English. Out of frustration, many leave the teaching field. The schools rate 3 or 4 out of 10 here, a location where the state teachers' college is located.

I am sure ALL of these DACA, traveling with their parents that brought them into the country illegally, have family to return to. Let's keep those families together in their "home" country. Those kids came here speaking Spanish. Every year people relocate to countries where they are unfamiliar with the language and country - DACA parents did just that, so it is in their genes to survive it!

These are not Trump's laws, these are the laws of our country and have been in place. Illegal aliens are to be deported. They act like Trump is making the laws himself or maybe doing everything illegally with EOs like Obama did.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:56 AM

15,432 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Why would they need to probe Trump? All he's doing is enforcing existing law.

Old 08-21-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree, but I just have a feeling that it'll be upheld somehow. There's been no rush to figure it out so far.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
I agree, but I just have a feeling that it'll be upheld somehow. There's been no rush to figure it out so far.
No reason to figure it out so far. With limited resources, they are going after a select group plus whoever gets caught in the rush. They know who DACA illegal aliens are, and where to find them.

Children always suffer when their loser parents break the law. We can't save the world while sacrificing our own.

Old 08-23-2017, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
No reason to figure it out so far. With limited resources, they are going after a select group plus whoever gets caught in the rush. They know who DACA illegal aliens are, and where to find them.

Children always suffer when their loser parents break the law. We can't save the world while sacrificing our own.
Yes, but here was a clause written on the DACA paperwork saying that they were giving information in good faith. It says that the info will not be used to deport/be turned over to ICE. If it was, I'm sure that they could sue and win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration