Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 10:44 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,164,275 times

Advertisements

If the links and source material are flawed, the accusations are also. You guys will never get it. You convincing yourselves of the same nonsense you listen to. It's a classic example of a "self-fulfilling prophesy". You're stuck on a carousel of absurdity, and refuse to get off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2017, 11:45 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
If the links and source material are flawed, the accusations are also. You guys will never get it. You convincing yourselves of the same nonsense you listen to. It's a classic example of a "self-fulfilling prophesy". You're stuck on a carousel of absurdity, and refuse to get off.
You were given links to back up the facts. Let's see your links that show otherwise.

Yet here is another link. It's from the DOJ. Do you consider the DOJ to be a "flawed" source?

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/depar...94-percent-all

Old 12-26-2017, 07:06 AM

62,960 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Oldgory - Where's all your proof that illegal aliens are responsible for huge amounts of crime? You can't do it, can you? You're just repeating - as lip service - what the head puppets these days are saying and pushing for. I'm not buying that nonsense about crime for one second. The robbers and criminals we deal with most often are US citizens. Again, this whole anti-Hispanic wave goes back to racism and color of skin. It's just more of the same, but attacking another race for a change (taking a break from attacking blacks now obviously). When Washington indicates time to go after the blacks again, you'll probably be there to march in formation accordingly.

First off, you've got me confused with another poster. I'm not the one who quoted crime stats for illegal aliens. However, many do commit crimes such as felony ID theft. We can't deport citizen criminals but we certainly can deter and deport illegal aliens.

Anti-Hispanic? What are you talking about? We only oppose those here illegally and any other illegal aliens here. That's not racism nor opposition to one's skin color. May I suggest you get that chip off your shoulder?

Old 12-26-2017, 08:22 AM

15,435 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
If illegal immigration is so "bad", why do so many US employers smuggle them into the country to work for them? The law of supply and demand is the biggest reason for them coming. Blame US companies for creating the problem.

Of course people are going to keep coming when one gets a job, tells their friends and family, another does the same, and the cycle repeats over and over. Open your eyes the roots of the issue, not just visible stuff in front of your beady eyes.

Case in point: these people in Wyoming. They were brought in by employers. They didn't walk across thousands of miles of land, out in the open, to get there. Hello? Are you even awake?
I partially agree with you. Too many greedy employers are definitely a huge problem. We won’t solve the whole problem until we put a stop to this part of it. Another problem is the government looking the other way instead of doing something about the problem. People taking advantage of these problems is also a problem, but it is understandable that they would do so. However, those who did should be deported when caught.

Old 12-26-2017, 05:49 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Yeah, right. Wyoming. That border state with massive waves of illegals. LOL What's next, build a wall around each state?
No, just hunt them down and kick them out. Is there something wrong with that?

Old 12-26-2017, 06:31 PM

1,675 posts, read 577,149 times
People will continue to cross the border illegally. Do people even know the conditions some of those people have to live in?

I doubt this trend is going to change. Maybe by getting rid of millions of illegals who have settled and have a stable job with benefits and replacing them with newly arriving illegals, I could imagine business people have to come up with creative ways to squeeze every little bit of profit into their pockets.

Old 12-26-2017, 06:44 PM

62,960 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
People will continue to cross the border illegally. Do people even know the conditions some of those people have to live in?

I doubt this trend is going to change. Maybe by getting rid of millions of illegals who have settled and have a stable job with benefits and replacing them with newly arriving illegals, I could imagine business people have to come up with creative ways to squeeze every little bit of profit into their pockets.

It will change if e-verify is mandated, we build the wall, fine and jail those who hire illegal aliens, deny their kids our birthright citizenship and any benefits in this country. I couldn't care less what conditions they live in. They need to change their own countries not invade ours and take from our citizens.

Old 12-26-2017, 07:11 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Oldgory - Where's all your proof that illegal aliens are responsible for huge amounts of crime? You can't do it, can you? You're just repeating - as lip service - what the head puppets these days are saying and pushing for. I'm not buying that nonsense about crime for one second. The robbers and criminals we deal with most often are US citizens. Again, this whole anti-Hispanic wave goes back to racism and color of skin. It's just more of the same, but attacking another race for a change (taking a break from attacking blacks now obviously). When Washington indicates time to go after the blacks again, you'll probably be there to march in formation accordingly.
Quote:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/depar...94-percent-all

When you make accusations and/or demand proof it is polite to acknowledge the response.

Old 12-27-2017, 07:02 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
If illegal immigration is so "bad", why do so many US employers smuggle them into the country to work for them? The law of supply and demand is the biggest reason for them coming. Blame US companies for creating the problem.

Of course people are going to keep coming when one gets a job, tells their friends and family, another does the same, and the cycle repeats over and over. Open your eyes the roots of the issue, not just visible stuff in front of your beady eyes.

Case in point: these people in Wyoming. They were brought in by employers. They didn't walk across thousands of miles of land, out in the open, to get there. Hello? Are you even awake?
You of course have proof that the employers in Wyoming smuggled them here. Sent trucks to fetch them. Paid the Mexican police to ignore the trucks. etc. You have proof that these illegals didn't pay to be smuggled here on their own right?
No most illegals got here by their own means. They either over stay a work or student VISA, or in the case of Mexicans, they simply cross the border.
I agree with you on 1 point. The greedy employers need to be hammered. Massive fines compounded by each illegal hired. Prison time for business owners, HR managers and foremen.
WE need to make E-Verify the law of the land required by all employers, Landlords, banks, government offices and I would not be opposed to schools and hospitals.

Old 12-27-2017, 08:44 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
This IS NOT about anti-Hispanic this is about the LAW and the fact is that the majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic, and if they were coming in herds and it were Europeans, we wouldn't be talking about people from Mexico, El Salvador, etc.

Washington indicating it is time to go after blacks again? What on earth are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
No, just hunt them down and kick them out. Is there something wrong with that?
Per the law, so nothing wrong with that. Not sure why someone would think we needed to wall off each state though, just a good secure southern border would do the job for the most part, and those that did get in would be easy to dispatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post

Once the border is secured, very few will come in. Many depend on fraudulent IDs and anchor babies to get them by. They are constant drain on Medicaid which covers those anchor births. A few businesses will suffer until they realize what it takes to follow the law, but it will be a plus for those that now follow the law to eliminate the illegal competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It will change if e-verify is mandated, we build the wall, fine and jail those who hire illegal aliens, deny their kids our birthright citizenship and any benefits in this country. I couldn't care less what conditions they live in. They need to change their own countries not invade ours and take from our citizens.
And, they bring their 3rd world values and living standards here, they don't escape them, just dump them on our front step to deal with. These people most likely couldn't make a go of it in their country for a reason. Many of them are criminals that fled their country and are now being sent back, and these people have committed very serious crimes and are just out walking around our country free as a bird!

All of those that follow this area of C-D have seen all the crimes. I have no intention of listing the links, especially when someone is so ignorant that they cannot see the real issue and try to make it about "race" or "skin color" like unless someone is "white", they should be allowed to break the rules/laws of our country. So, I guess those that claim "race" or "skin color" is the reason people cannot follow the laws is the one who is indeed, a "racist".

Doesn't matter how much they whine now, apprehensions are going on every single day. Most we will never hear of. I think the Democratic Party has moved on to gender issues and have decided that now that the facts have come out on illegal aliens that they can no longer support them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration