Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 10:49 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Anchor babies should be denied citizenship

I agree and we should go back in time to make it so.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:54 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,590,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
7-11's aren't where they will find a lot of illegals. Go after farms, and food processing plants. 25 years ago I worked at a chicken processing plant (worst job ever and it drove me to get into software engineering). 90% of my coworkers were illegals, and the management knew it. They even made trips down and helped illegals cross. They got caught and fined.....and just kept doing it. I doubt it has changed much.
Meat processing is now hiring refugees too, actually and the meat industry is lobbying for more. It's probably worse than ever now.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:55 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,571,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Anchor babies should be denied citizenship
So you want to deny the 14th amendment? Tsk, tsk - - you'll have to turn in your Republican ID card. Anthony Scalia is turning over in his grave.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
For what? I can’t turn them in when a law hasn’t been broken. We have an idiotic law that says their children are citizens, and as far as I know, there is no law against going to the hospital when you are in labor.

We need to change the law so that they don’t come here in the first place.

As long as they are here, my only real obligation is to treat them.
There is no law, just an abusive court I think. If it is a law, it needs to be struck down immediately by the new Trump Supreme Court.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
So you want to deny the 14th amendment? Tsk, tsk - - you'll have to turn in your Republican ID card. Anthony Scalia is turning over in his grave.
The 14th Amendment doesn't say that, only a tyrannical federal court that needs a good a-- kicking by an Article V convention (if they're lucky. If not, it'll be tarring and feathering like in the good ole days).

Old 01-10-2018, 11:05 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,638,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
I love how the alt-right linguists made up new terms for Dementia Donnie like "chain immigration" and "anchor babies." They know how to convey hate and fear to their followers in just a few simple words. They're ignorant, but not stupid.
awww..do you need some hot cocoa and a coloring book?

Old 01-10-2018, 11:33 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,571,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
The 14th Amendment doesn't say that, only a tyrannical federal court that needs a good a-- kicking by an Article V convention (if they're lucky. If not, it'll be tarring and feathering like in the good ole days).
Sure it does - - "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Citizenship Clause of the 14th Amendment. The Enforcement Clause got neutered by City of Boerne v Flores. Congress isn't going to do jack.

Old 01-10-2018, 11:48 PM

6,233 posts, read 3,616,598 times
Quote:
Sure it does - - "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Citizenship Clause of the 14th Amendment. The Enforcement Clause got neutered by City of Boerne v Flores. Congress isn't going to do jack.
Therein lies the rub. Since people here illegally have still have citizenship in their own country, and do not have permission to reside in ours, are they under our jurisdiction? If the answer is yes then why aren't diplomats' children born here automatically granted US citizenship? And why ignore the context in which the amendment was written, for freed slaves who were born here and had never been subject to the jurisdiction of another country?? We've been over this a zillion times in this forum, so much so that every thread debating it gets shut down. I'll just say we need a SCOTUS ruling to settle the matter once and for all.

Old 01-10-2018, 11:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
Everyone the 14th Amendment applied to, are dead. Not to many children of Freemen still breathing.

Old 01-11-2018, 12:56 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,095,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
NBC reported more raids on maternity hotels, luxury apartments where Chinese women wait to pop out anchor babies.
Feds Raid California 'Maternity Hotels' for Birth Tourists - NBC News

"...the investigation was aimed at ringleaders who pocketed hundreds of thousands of dollars tax-free to help Chinese nationals obtain visas and then pamper them until they delivered in an American hospital at a discount, court papers show.

"It's not necessarily illegal to come here to have the baby, but if you lie about your reasons for coming here, that's visa fraud," said Claude Arnold, special agent in charge of Homeland Security Investigations for Los Angeles.

"All told, the feds raided 20 locations in Los Angeles, Orange and San Bernardino counties, targeting three competing birth tourism schemes, officials said."
Hard working, poverty ridden, minimum wage low class labor is slaughtered while criminals, killers, rapists thugs, drug dealers, kidnappers, and pedophiles live and roam free in our cities, enjoying their birth right to US Citizenship.

Instead of invading 7/11s, How about we send some of this police to Chicago, Detriot, East St. Louis to arrest some thugs too who are an actual threat to our society, our children, our safety and our tax dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration