Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 06:25 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

This was posted on Facebook from a teacher in California:

Copied
DACA reality ...STILL FEEL DACA IS WONDERFUL?
From a California school teacher.....
As you listen to the news about the student protests over illegal immigration, there are some things that you should be aware of:
I am in charge of the English-as-a-second-language
Department at a large southern California high school which is designated a Title-1 school, meaning that its students average in the lower socio-economic and income levels. Most of the schools you are hearing about are South Gate High, Bell Gardens, Huntington Park, etc., where their students are protesting – these are also Title-1 schools.
Moderator cut: quote shortened, please provide a link to the original source

Last edited by Yac; 01-23-2018 at 02:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 10:07 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
I subbed in the schools in the Tucson area in the 1990s and I can attest to what is said about the schools. This is actually when I started being concerned about what illegal immigration was doing to our country. I can't imagine how much worse it is now in the districts. I know here in central KS, we lose teachers since so much time is spent with the non-English students that goals for the classroom cannot be meant, imagine the frustration. I had a l-o-n-g talk with Immigration officials about the problem back then.

I have lived around the US, including 2 of the poorest states in the south, and to see how some Americans live and to see all of the benefits that illegal aliens milk out of us is disgusting.

I support the laws of our country, ALL OF THEM! Anyone that doesn't is a traitor!

Old 01-21-2018, 10:28 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I subbed in the schools in the Tucson area in the 1990s and I can attest to what is said about the schools. This is actually when I started being concerned about what illegal immigration was doing to our country. I can't imagine how much worse it is now in the districts. I know here in central KS, we lose teachers since so much time is spent with the non-English students that goals for the classroom cannot be meant, imagine the frustration. I had a l-o-n-g talk with Immigration officials about the problem back then.

I have lived around the US, including 2 of the poorest states in the south, and to see how some Americans live and to see all of the benefits that illegal aliens milk out of us is disgusting.

I support the laws of our country, ALL OF THEM! Anyone that doesn't is a traitor!
It was claimed that this letter was fake or a remake of one first posted in 2006. How much of the letter can you verify? The opposition claims that government regulations prevent DACA from receiving some of the benefits claimed. We have all heard stories like the letter; I am just trying to sort out any truth from fiction.

I do agree that it is substantiated that illegal aliens and DACA are straining our hospitals since they cannot be turned away. Of course the other side does acknowledge they receive free lunches in school and are also entitled to bilingual teachers.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:39 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Don't forget they also get free meals while school is not in session. Just show up.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:43 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,677,083 times
Most of that is BS.
and We are not talking about illegal immigrants.
We are talking young people who were brought here as children, who grew up thinking they were American, and who have proved that they are willing to be Americans, many are High school graduates, some are now military veterans, and many are college graduates. All they are asking for is a chance to earn citizenship in the country that have called home all of their lives.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:49 AM

We all know they get the free education, which includes "English As A Second Language" and the federal "title" programs (I worked with some of those students in AZ), they get free breakfast and lunch - and it is as described in the letter and the waste was horrific (also summer program for lunch and other family members can participate in this).

The high school had the daycare program (I worked in that program - sad as many of the babies were not being properly cared for so CPS was a "visitor").

https://cis.org/Child-Tax-Credits-Illegal-Immigrants Using the ITN numbers to get Child Tax Credits

Obamaphones: https://www.freegovernmentcellphones...ent-cell-phone Actually, I have an adult son with Down syndrome still at home, so I am familiar with the ObamaPhoneProgram - we did take a phone and I had to work to make them leave us alone as they bombarded us with "offers" for the free phone. I have a "flip phone" which costs $30.00 a month, and I watch 2 women I know on "disability" use their fancy phones with internet access.

Illegal aliens use emergency medical 3 times the rate of American citizens, includes birthing anchor babies. https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...mergency-rooms

Is there something in the 2006 publication that you specifically think is in error?

We have a LOT of auto accidents here which drive up the cost of auto insurance (especially drunk drivers that keep hitting electric polls causing electrical outages, and of course, the hospitals and clinics that treat Medicaid patients get a smaller payment coming in, so someone has to make up the difference. Although here you have to show auto insurance when getting tags, you only need really pay for a month and you're in.

So many ways to get over on the laws if one doesn't mind breaking them.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Most of that is BS.
We are talking young people who were brought here as children, who grew up thinking they were American, and who have proved that they are willing to be Americans, many are High school graduates, some are now military veterans, and many are college graduates. All they are asking for is a chance to earn citizenship in the country that have called home all of their lives.
DACA are illegal immigrants, and that is what we are talking about, ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT DACA.

We have people, very deserving people, all over the world just wanting a chance to earn citizenship in this country.

This country is not the "home" for illegal aliens including DACA. These people have grown up with parents who did not respect our laws, parents who came to the USA not knowing the language or culture.

DACA want to keep their extended family members here, it is best they all return home together. Most of the countries that they have came from will appreciate that free American education and in many cases free college education provided by the taxpaying citizens of the USA.

Surely these DACA saw their birth certificate at some point and knew the reality of the secrets their lawbreaking families kept in order to continue to be illegally present.

Many deserving people around the world wait for a chance to come to the USA, that is why we must not reward cheaters to include the children who were brought up not to respect our laws. Several DACA like over 2,000 have already been cut because of breaking our laws in addition to immigration laws.

Old 01-21-2018, 11:00 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Ultimately, we either have a legal immigration system and protect our own borders against illegal entry ... or we don't. I'm sympathetic to the sad stories about DACA immigrants who have gone to school, etc.. - but, where does one draw the line (ie; sanctuary cities, DACA, green cards, temporary assylum, ??) IMO, DACA is simply being used as a convenient and sympathetic PR tool.

The left and media paint a picture of an ideal, borderless system that recognizes the 'right' of anyone from anywhere coming to the U.S. whenever they wish and immediately (and indefinitely) enjoying all the benefits of tax-paying, naturally born citizens.

All other countries put their own citizens first and have neither the resources or will to sustain a borderless, universal-citizen country. In the U.S., I think it is more about politics and potential voters, than what is right or even makes a lick of sense.

Last edited by jghorton; 01-21-2018 at 11:08 AM..

Old 01-21-2018, 11:01 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Most of that is BS.

Actually, the DACAs are still here illegally. They were only given a temporary stay of deportation by Obama. It's really irrelevant that they were brought here by their parents. They shouldn't benefit from it nor their parents rewarded for being in our country illegally. The only reason a mere 900 are in our military is because Obama waved his magic wand on that one to. Prior to that they couldn't be in our military.

Many are High School graduates and many have attended college here but many have not either. Last I read 100,000 were kicked off of DACA because they came here as teenagers themselves their parents didn't bring them here. If they want to gain citizenship they need to return to their homelands and apply to come back legally first and then apply for citizenship. The initial legal process doesn't begin on our soil.

Here are some interesting facts about the DACAs that you might not know about.

https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/...-daca-program/

https://immigrationreform.com/2017/1...#comment-88430

Old 01-21-2018, 11:03 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,695,641 times
There is so much the Democrats are hiding from the American people. Are we all so stupid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration