Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 07:40 AM

25,964 posts, read 22,126,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You can kid yourself all you want but most people here illegally are not going anywhere. The government isn't going to do anything about it either. Wall Street isn't going to accept that.
Hang on to that dream!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 07:42 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Buh Bye.

Old 02-08-2018, 08:06 AM

15,436 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
You can kid yourself all you want but most people here illegally are not going anywhere. The government isn't going to do anything about it either. Wall Street isn't going to accept that.
I understand that most will not willingly leave. I am, however, impressed that some will do the right thing.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:39 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Can you please explain the logic behind this? I ask because ICE is the government, and they are doing something about it. And , what does wall street have anything to do with it besides they hire illegals as nannies, gardeners and help?

To the dreamers leaving:

Old 02-08-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I understand that most will not willingly leave. I am, however, impressed that some will do the right thing.
I think even if DACA gets something, and not chain immigration for their illegal alien parents, that some families will go "home", most have extended family members. If the border is secured, it will make it harder to travel back and forth especially for those that are in the country illegally, and if they were deported once, and are caught, an even more difficult situation. I think this is part of the reason that they fight a secure border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Can you please explain the logic behind this? I ask because ICE is the government, and they are doing something about it. And , what does wall street have anything to do with it besides they hire illegals as nannies, gardeners and help?

To the dreamers leaving:
I didn't really get that either. We already have seen ICE trying to play catch up after finally being allowed to do their job. They are still busy on the top priorities and picking up any excess that happen to be present when a bust is made. When we move along to workplace enforcement, the pace will really start to pick up.

If they can limit chain migration to just spouse and children IF DACA gets some concessions that let them remain, I think some DACA will return to their "home" country with their families that go. Many are younger people, and count on extended family. Going before apprehended will be a plus, and I hope that message gets out. Once apprehended, they will have limits on traveling into the country.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:12 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
DACA deal: These Dreamers will leave the U.S. if Congress fails to find a fix - Feb. 7, 2018

At least some of them are smart. This is how it should be. Leave on your own before they come to throw you out.
That girl is moving to Ecuador where a lot of Americans go to retire. It's a nice country. She can finish her education and apply legally to return. She would be a better applicant than many from that country so would probably have an easier time of it. I think DACAs who are deported or leave voluntarily should be given special dispensation when they apply legally. A points system or similar.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
That girl is moving to Ecuador where a lot of Americans go to retire. It's a nice country. She can finish her education and apply legally to return. She would be a better applicant than many from that country so would probably have an easier time of it. I think DACAs who are deported or leave voluntarily should be given special dispensation when they apply legally. A points system or similar.
If they are given "special dispensation" in line, that puts others waiting for a very long time pushed back a little more, so I can't agree with that. Also, anyone that is deported and has not voluntarily left should have the standard waiting period.

Old 02-08-2018, 02:12 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
The DACA people are threatening to leave if the Gov. can't get a deal together??

Boy they sure have Trump over a barrel with that one...

Old 02-08-2018, 02:30 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
DACA deal: These Dreamers will leave the U.S. if Congress fails to find a fix - Feb. 7, 2018

At least some of them are smart. This is how it should be. Leave on your own before they come to throw you out.
Working at Forever 21 means a job taken from an American and considered a low paying job! Not really something to have someone stay here for IMO.

American kids need jobs too and have dreams too.

These kids are Citizens of another country and the crying mom can thank herself!

Old 02-08-2018, 02:39 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,255,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The DACA people are threatening to leave if the Gov. can't get a deal together??

Boy they sure have Trump over a barrel with that one...
From their lips to Gods ears, I hope they keep their word, them leaving will help to fix a lot of govt budgets and mean more jobs for Americans and legal aliens as well as less crowded schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration