Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2018, 09:51 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,185,120 times

Advertisements

They need all the smart people in America, especially in the middle, that they can get. This was one of "Uncle Adolf's" mistakes. Bad move to run them out for a measly thing like an immigration violation. The government should put effort into clearing up these messes, not stirring them up to make you feel good. Or were you waiting to take this chemist's job?

Quote:
Park University professor detained by ICE, set for deportation reportedly coming back to Kansas

Family says Kansas chemistry professor granted stay after arrest - KCTV5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 10:17 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Lawrence is the "liberal" city of KS. It is also the city that most attracts child molesters and other criminal offenders, so as far as it representing Kansas, it doesn't.

Lawrence crime / LJWorld.com

Lawrence violent crime rate up in 2016; role of marijuana sales questioned in increase / LJWorld.com

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...ce-Kansas.html

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Lawrence-Kansas.html

Thanks for posting this. I will address my congress people on this issue.

At least, I am not ashamed to post my location "Kansas" in my profile. I note, you don't include yours.

I want every last illegal alien out of the state of Kansas! Every last one, including this one!

We have plenty of smart people here that obey the laws!

And, my son who will be retiring from the military could easily replace this chemist, and he obeys our laws. We have many Kansans who have left the state because of a lack of jobs, yet they allow someone like this to stay.

Never judge anything "Kansas" using Lawrence!

Old 02-08-2018, 10:41 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Yet not smart enough to follow immigration laws. He with intent violated laws because he thinks he is special, more so than those who abide by laws. Now he wants more special treatment all the while those who obey immigration laws get none.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:06 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Yet not smart enough to follow immigration laws. He with intent violated laws because he thinks he is special, more so than those who abide by laws. Now he wants more special treatment all the while those who obey immigration laws get none.
Totally agree.

Old 02-08-2018, 03:01 PM

1,427 posts, read 1,185,120 times
Warms the cockles of one's heart. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What%2...with_Kansas%3F

Old 02-09-2018, 12:04 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,895,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
He was detained in KCMO, not in Kansas. His job was in Missouri and he commuted from Kansas. He was here legally until the end of January, he passed E-Verify as soon as a month ago when applying for work at Park University (in Missouri).

ICE is a Federal department and no Kansan in any way helped get this guy arrested. I’m fairly shocked he got arrested so quickly, if something had happened and he got terminated and lost his work visa, there is typically a 30 grace period to find a new job.

The guy has been here legally as a good member of the community since 1987, only in the last few weeks did he lose his visa. It’s absolutely idiotic if they deport him. There is a good chance the government of Bangladesh will imprison him if he is sent back, and that’s if he is lucky.

Old 02-14-2018, 03:44 PM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Enforcing immigration law and holding everyone to the same legal standard is not hate. So spare us all the "I feel sorry for you" tripe because no one believes it.

IF the case has been heard and settled, then it is done. But the guy brought all this trouble on himself. He knew he was breaking the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration