Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 04:55 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I am sick and tired of the hundreds that die every year in the desert and who cares about that? The ones that came here legally must have had money, these people that are crossing are POOR and so I offered a solution, our goverment can work with Mexico(which I'm sure they are anyway) and come to a solution for everyone concerned. If not and amnesty comes around, yes I will vote for it. These people are treated like sub human, so there are those that hunt for them because it is year round here in Arizona.
Then Mexico should hang her head in shame----------not the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 04:55 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,136,564 times
Quote:
I am sick and tired of the hundreds that die every year in the desert and who cares about that? The ones that came here legally must have had money, these people that are crossing are POOR and so I offered a solution, our goverment can work with Mexico(which I'm sure they are anyway) and come to a solution for everyone concerned. If not and amnesty comes around, yes I will vote for it. These people are treated like sub human, so there are those that hunt for them because it is year round here in Arizona.

Socio-economically, Mexico is a much richer country than you think. There are even poorer people in countries in Africa.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:59 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,095,002 times
I understand that, but it is not getting to the people. They are paid by the day not the hour, there goverment is corrupt but theirs is not the only one.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:01 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,281,711 times
Quote:
I understand that, but it is not getting to the people. They are paid by the day not the hour, there goverment is corrupt but theirs is not the only one.
This is not the United States problem. May sound cold - but, it is the truth.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Then Mexico should hang her head in shame----------not the USA.
The USA is equally to blame, they would not have come here without work and so they are cheated because they are paid less than they should be, really the whole thing stinks.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:08 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,281,711 times
Quote:
The USA is equally to blame,.....
EXCUSE ME!!!!

Old 04-01-2008, 05:11 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,136,564 times
Quote:
The USA is equally to blame, they would not have come here without work and so they are cheated because they are paid less than they should be, really the whole thing stinks.
This makes no sense to me.. its either ignorant or I'm plainly not getting it.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:12 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
Being legal has its perks---------and, that green card has to be earned.

As for the crooked employers--------they need to be punished.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Being legal has its perks---------and, that green card has to be earned.

As for the crooked employers--------they need to be punished.
You don't think they want to be legal? I still do no see much happening with the employers, they are getting cheap labor and have been getting by with it for years.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:50 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,564,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
This makes no sense to me.. its either ignorant or I'm plainly not getting it.
I think she's referring to the "exploitive" nature of the whole situation. These illegals are actually being "used". They're doing so willingly, but the fact still remains that employers see them as a group that can be abused (by low wages, lack of 'perks', or worse), and for that abuse, there's little or no practical defense. In many ways, it does resemble a modern-day version of 'serfdom'. It exploits the relatively defenseless 'newcomers', and it does so at the expense of the 'locals' whose wages suffer as a consequence.

Just because it's a voluntary situation, doesn't mean it doesn't 'smell'. Plenty of young girls, if they were poor enough, might show up willingly to work as prostitutes...but that doesn't mean this would be a "good" thing. It still is a form of people being exploited, and not having the financial means to do much about it but to 'submit'....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration