Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 09:05 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon told about 100 people attending an immigration reform conference today that Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's workplace raids and immigration sweeps have given people the impression that the state is becoming a breeding ground for racial discrimination.
Arizona Republic article

I am curious how our Black Americans feel about Sheriff Joe being compared to Bull Connor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 09:25 PM

608 posts, read 923,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Arizona Republic article

I am curious how our Black Americans feel about Sheriff Joe being compared to Bull Connor.
Awfully valid question. Sadly, as you know this isn't an issue of racism. Only when the pro illegals and their enablers feel that they can't make a convincing enough argument, do they dare to bring out the dreaded race card...Oh well, I've never hated a man for the color of his skin, but I guess I'm a dirty racist since I don't want to see illegals detroying my culture, ability to be employed, my national language, etc.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
Awfully valid question. Sadly, as you know this isn't an issue of racism. Only when the pro illegals and their enablers feel that they can't make a convincing enough argument, do they dare to bring out the dreaded race card...Oh well, I've never hated a man for the color of his skin, but I guess I'm a dirty racist since I don't want to see illegals detroying my culture, ability to be employed, my national language, etc.
The putative 'Hispanic race card' is fast losing its power---------especially in the face of a growing Middle Class American Black cohort.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:17 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
I wonder at the thought process in the face of how many illegals are taken in these raids. Conventional wisdom would say that the raids are in fact an effective tool. If the illegals taken are hispanic that is not the fault of the raid. The target of the raid is illegals regardless of race. I really don't see how the race card can be applied to this one.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I wonder at the thought process in the face of how many illegals are taken in these raids. Conventional wisdom would say that the raids are in fact an effective tool. If the illegals taken are hispanic that is not the fault of the raid. The target of the raid is illegals regardless of race. I really don't see how the race card can be applied to this one.
Simple: the word 'desperation' comes to mind and that the race card quite frequently does work.

We are dealing with a delusional group of people who truly think the world owes them something.

Never mind that Karma is coming along and biting the (mostly Hispanic) illegal aliens in their collective asses. The drug wars in Mexico come to mind.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:41 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Simple: the word 'desperation' comes to mind and that the race card quite frequently does work.

We are dealing with a delusional group of people who truly think the world owes them something.

Never mind that Karma is coming along and biting the (mostly Hispanic) illegal aliens in their collective asses. The drug wars in Mexico come to mind.
Nothing you ever post makes sense. These drug wars( you seem to take some form of perverse pleasure in) has a potential to affect the U.S as much as it does Mexico.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Nothing you ever post makes sense. These drug wars( you seem to take some form of perverse pleasure in) has a potential to affect the U.S as much as it does Mexico.
blacknight04: I take very little that you post very seriously either.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:03 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Later, Gordon told reporters: "He's not using dogs or hoses, but he's targeting people of color."
As a Black American, I am sick of pro-illegals comparing the plight of illegal aliens to that of black citizens of this country. Blacks were not attacked by dogs and hosed because they had entered this country illegally. They were mistreated solely due to the color of their skin, and their relegated “inferior” status. Furthermore, illegal aliens are treated like royalty compared to the past treatment of blacks.

Must the sheriff ignore illegal aliens “of color” to avoid being labeled a racist? Or, should he do his job?

Old 03-28-2009, 10:07 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
As a Black American, I am sick of pro-illegals comparing the plight of illegal aliens to that of black citizens of this country. Blacks were not attacked by dogs and hosed because they had entered this country illegally. They were mistreated solely due to the color of their skin, and their relegated “inferior” status. Furthermore, illegal aliens are treated like royalty compared to the past treatment of blacks.

Must the sheriff ignore illegal aliens “of color” to avoid being labeled a racist? Or, should he do his job?
Agreed. This is yet another attempt of the LaRaza crowd pretending that the plight of illegal aliens is in any way parallel to the plight of our people who are US citizens and OUR civil rights movement.

They would better serve their illegal alien brown people by holding racial protests against the white oligarchies and demanding "civil rights" in their own countries. After all, isn't that why they claim to have fled their homelands?

America is not responsible for any racial indignities and injustices that illegal alien foreign nationals claim to suffer. Enforcement of our laws against those who enter America illegally is simply that.

What part of illegal do they not understand?

Last edited by JDubsMom; 03-28-2009 at 10:17 AM..

Old 03-28-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. This is yet another attempt of the LaRaza crowd pretending that the plight of illegal aliens is in any way parallel to the plight of our people who are US citizens and OUR civil rights movement.

They would better serve their illegal alien brown people by holding racial protests against the white oligarchies and demanding "civil rights" in their own countries. After all, isn't that why they claim to have fled their homelands?

America is not responsible for any racial indignities and injustices that illegal alien foreign nationals claim to suffer. Enforcement of our laws against those who enter America illegally is simply that.

What part of illegal do they not understand?
And the screaming irony is that an obviously White illegal alien from Mexico (yes, some Mexicans do have white skin and blue eyes), etc. will try to claim being a 'person of color' to invoke said farce of a race card.

Hypocrites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration