Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 03:38 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Have we forgotten about the racism that Blacks and Mexicans went through together not too long ago? It is no secret that Blacks are socio-economically closest to Latinos in general hence both groups went through similar backgrounds. These signs actually existed:

Interesting being that there is no 'Mexican' race.

Strictly speaking: George Romney; Mitt's father would have run afoul of the 'No Mexican' rule, he was born/raised in Chihuahua, Mx-------both of his parents were residents ca. 1910.

EDIT: here in Arizona we had some oddball 'No Mexican' laws, the brown ones had to deal with that crap with the 'White' Latinos being exempt-------even if all of the above had the same mother and father.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 03:40 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,135,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Interesting being that there is no 'Mexican' race.
Jim Crow laws in a nutshell.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:42 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
Key words: ILLEGAL ALIEN. If the articles are disturbing maybe you shouldn't read this thread since posting articles that pertain to ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION is what this thread is all about.
Sorry, but it is not worth a tinkers d**** about migrants when the rest of the country here is no better. You can always find the few in any race.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:55 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,250,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I think we both know why, and I would love to say how I really feel, but
not worth getting banned over. But I do get sick of these type of posts.
This goes on all the time in the USA like I said before by every race. I wish she could understand that.
Not true. The city of Lake Worth, FL didn't have gangs before illegal immigrants took over the city.

This has nothing to do with race. I live in a multicultural city and I like racial diversity. But when illegal immigrants are flooding our country and contributing mostly negative things to it then there's a problem. Our country is gonna be in a mess if this mass illegal immigration continues.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Not true. The city of Lake Worth, FL didn't have gangs before illegal immigrants took over the city.

This has nothing to do with race. I live in a multicultural city and I like racial diversity. But when illegal immigrants are flooding our country and contributing mostly negative things to it then there's a problem. Our country is gonna be in a mess if this mass illegal immigration continues.
Most of the Hispanic gangs are the product of Americans. So your claim that illegal immigrants formed these gangs in that Florida town is pretty moot.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:05 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,250,376 times
Quote:
Most of the Hispanic gangs are the product of Americans. So your claim that illegal immigrants formed these gangs in that Florida town is pretty moot.
How is it moot? The Hispanics living in Lake Worth are not American-bred, they are coming straight from the foreign countries themselves. Your argument is not valid and makes no sense.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:07 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,122 times
Quote:

r

Well, Portland Oregon had it share of gangs way before the Ilegals showed up.
They were mostly cripes and Bloods and skin heads. I imagine there are Mexican gangs there now too. I live in Arizona and have yet to see a gang of any kind (thank God). I have had no problems with legals or illegals, but then again I treat them no different than anyone else.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Yes and no.

Typically; it is the first US born generation of immigrants (legal and/or illegal) who get into gangs, etc. The second US born generation tend to be simply 'Americans'.

Be they Irish, Italian, Chinese, etc.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
How is it moot? The Hispanics living in Lake Worth are not American-bred, they are coming straight from the foreign countries themselves. Your argument is not valid and makes no sense.
Do you even know what you're talking about? The very definition of 'Hispanic', in the U.S means an Individual of Latin American decent born in the U.S.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
r

Well, Portland Oregon had it share of gangs way before the Ilegals showed up.
They were mostly cripes and Bloods and skin heads. I imagine there are Mexican gangs there now too. I live in Arizona and have yet to see a gang of any kind (thank God). I have had no problems with legals or illegals, but then again I treat them no different than anyone else.
The PNW does have the rep of having a major White supremacist 'skinhead' problem.

Never mind that the original skins back in Great Britain had a lot of Caribbean Black in their culture (ska music for example)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration