Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you respect an illegal alien who pays taxes more than you do other illegal immigrants?
Yes 15 17.24%
No 64 73.56%
No opinion 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 08:56 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,564,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cburg's Rough View Post
All these problems are caused by us not giving them citizenship. Eventually, when we become a little bit smarter, we will make all the illegal aliens citizens that way they can pay taxes and we get more money.
Good thinking. My nephew years ago had a "muscle car" with an expensive tachometer mounted on the dash. Someone smashed the door window and made off with the 'tach'. He bought another one, and soon THAT window was smashed, and THAT 'tach' stolen...same story.

He bought a THIRD window, and a THIRD tachometer, and then....VERY CLEVERLY...he left his car unlocked. You guessed it...THIS time the thief took the tachometer, 'did what he had to do', and the window was FINE.

So you can see, my nephew learned the hard way...thieves won't break your window unless you MAKE them break it. Cooperate with the thief...let him do his 'job'...and you'll get along just fine. And I guess what you're saying is similar...illegals are ONLY illegal because we CALL them illegal....right? Tired of problems with illegals? Easy...just start calling them 'legal'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 09:00 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,215,796 times
Do you respect a drug dealer who pays taxes on his illegal income? Or is he just making it harder to convict him? Al Capone went to prison for not paying taxes.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:07 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,564,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Do you respect a drug dealer who pays taxes on his illegal income? Or is he just making it harder to convict him? Al Capone went to prison for not paying taxes.
And he died in a blaze of glory....of syphilis......

Old 02-07-2009, 09:40 AM

50,371 posts, read 47,120,861 times
Quote:
All these problems are caused by us not giving them citizenship. Eventually, when we become a little bit smarter, we will make all the illegal aliens citizens that way they can pay taxes and we get more money.

You really think that holding a piece of paper stating you are a US citizen makes you wealthy enough to hit the bottom of the bracket that says you must pay taxes? Too bad I didn't meet you about 2006. I could have offered you some creative options to get you into a new house.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:53 PM

25 posts, read 31,415 times
Well thank you, everyone for the extreme bashings...haha. Anyway, yes, my idea I still think is what we are eventually going to have to do, in one form or another. We make living in the country illegal, if WE say they can stay then they can stay. If you all think we can kick out 2 million plus people out of the country your nuts. At least with my plan you would get some money out of them. And forget illegals, remeber the millions of other derilicks that are leaching our money, the corrupt congressmen, and terrible government spending wasted on things like "patroling the border". It funny these programs turn up next to nothing, especially when you consider the millions bieng spent on them. I don't see why you have a problem with it.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:11 PM

50,371 posts, read 47,120,861 times
Quote:
Well thank you, everyone for the extreme bashings...haha. Anyway, yes, my idea I still think is what we are eventually going to have to do, in one form or another. We make living in the country illegal, if WE say they can stay then they can stay. If you all think we can kick out 2 million plus people out of the country your nuts. At least with my plan you would get some money out of them. And forget illegals, remeber the millions of other derilicks that are leaching our money, the corrupt congressmen, and terrible government spending wasted on things like "patroling the border". It funny these programs turn up next to nothing, especially when you consider the millions bieng spent on them. I don't see why you have a problem with it.
Well, except for the fact that Eisenhower has proven you can get the majority of Illegal Aliens to self deport.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:41 PM

27,169 posts, read 15,347,635 times
" Do you respect an illegal alien who pays taxes more than other illegal immigrants?"

No.
That just means they were able to get a hold of better fake documents.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:43 PM

27,169 posts, read 15,347,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Good thinking. My nephew years ago had a "muscle car" with an expensive tachometer mounted on the dash. Someone smashed the door window and made off with the 'tach'. He bought another one, and soon THAT window was smashed, and THAT 'tach' stolen...same story.

He bought a THIRD window, and a THIRD tachometer, and then....VERY CLEVERLY...he left his car unlocked. You guessed it...THIS time the thief took the tachometer, 'did what he had to do', and the window was FINE.

So you can see, my nephew learned the hard way...thieves won't break your window unless you MAKE them break it. Cooperate with the thief...let him do his 'job'...and you'll get along just fine. And I guess what you're saying is similar...illegals are ONLY illegal because we CALL them illegal....right? Tired of problems with illegals? Easy...just start calling them 'legal'.

This is a bunch of BS clearly.
Because the law is not respected it doesn't mean that you respect the lawbreakers.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:25 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,309,065 times
Um, no. It's not about how much money they are giving us. An illegal immigrant could be paying millions of dollars and I would still have a problem with the social, national issues that are being the result of our illegal immigration problem.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:22 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,906,340 times
you people are heartless. They just want to make better lives for themselves....hahahahahahahah.....so what if they steal SS#'s from corpses ? in order to feed their starving familia...
in all honesty..stealing a SS# should be a FELONY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration