Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 01:06 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
To me I think this ties into the central argument of the illegal immigration debate, which is the legality aspect of it....the rule of law so to speak.

We have a sitting president who has a problem with respecting the law when it inconveniences him and so if you defend that than it seems like a contradiction to turn around and be enraged at people who enter the country illegally or who overstay their visas because the U.S. immigration laws inconvenience them. What am I missing here?
If Trump is breaking the law he will be or would have been held accountable for it. Illegal immigration has nothing to do with that. Our president is bound by law and the oath he took to protect this country and its citizens. U.S. immigration laws are an inconvenience? Yes, I think you are missing a lot here.

Old 04-10-2019, 02:11 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If Trump is breaking the law he will be or would have been held accountable for it. Illegal immigration has nothing to do with that. Our president is bound by law and the oath he took to protect this country and its citizens. U.S. immigration laws are an inconvenience? Yes, I think you are missing a lot here.
You’re dodging my point though that several posters in this topic are defending Trump directing his DHS secretary to violate federal law yet they are the same posters that take a hard line on people entering the country or residing in the country in violation of federal law. Do you not see irony in that?

Old 04-10-2019, 02:49 PM

198 posts, read 236,196 times
Quote:
You’re dodging my point though that several posters in this topic are defending Trump directing his DHS secretary to violate federal law yet they are the same posters that take a hard line on people entering the country or residing in the country in violation of federal law. Do you not see irony in that?
I wouldn't expect the president to be an expert on all areas of Federal law, that's why he has staff to handle those policy matters. Asking, or even pressuring your staff on the boundaries of what action you can take isn't the same as "directing his DHS secretary to violate federal law." Nobody cared when Obama violated federal law with programs like DACA, yet it only seems to be a problem when we want laws enforced. It's clear that a massive quantity of these "asylum" claims are phony, and the system was never set up or designed to handle the amount of aliens coming here. As far as I'm concerned, since the law doesn't address the actual issues we're seeing at the border, the president has leeway in dealing with it on a matter of national security.

Remember we have our military all over the world defending the borders of countries that average American's have no real legitimate interest in, yet we can't even defend or support our own borders. Makes you think.

Old 04-10-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caglee View Post
I wouldn't expect the president to be an expert on all areas of Federal law, that's why he has staff to handle those policy matters. Asking, or even pressuring your staff on the boundaries of what action you can take isn't the same as "directing his DHS secretary to violate federal law." Nobody cared when Obama violated federal law with programs like DACA, yet it only seems to be a problem when we want laws enforced. It's clear that a massive quantity of these "asylum" claims are phony, and the system was never set up or designed to handle the amount of aliens coming here. As far as I'm concerned, since the law doesn't address the actual issues we're seeing at the border, the president has leeway in dealing with it on a matter of national security.

Remember we have our military all over the world defending the borders of countries that average American's have no real legitimate interest in, yet we can't even defend or support our own borders. Makes you think.
I could see giving him the benefit of the doubt if this was an isolated incident but it’s not. It is but one example of a pattern of disregard for our laws. Other ousted cabinet members and close associates have provided similar examples where they were forced in a no-win position due to their boss (Trump) asking them to take illegal or unethical courses action (Tillerson, Comey, Cohen, etc.) I’m not aware of anything at this level and certainly this pervasive happening in other administrations except maybe Nixon. At a certain point you need to acknowledge that it’s a real problem.

Last edited by Cruz Azul Guy; 04-10-2019 at 03:19 PM..

Old 04-10-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I could see giving him the benefit of the doubt if this was an isolated incident but it’s not. It is but one example of a pattern of disregard for our laws. Other ousted cabinet members and close associates have provided similar examples where they were forced in a no-win position due to their boss (Trump) asking them to take illegal or unethical courses action (Tillerson, Comey, Cohen, etc.) I’m not aware of anything at this level and certainly this pervasive happening in other administrations except maybe Nixon. At a certain point you need to acknowledge that it’s a real problem.
No one is being forced to disobey any laws and I know that a lot of this is just spin by the left anyway and hearsay by those who have been ousted by Trump.

Old 04-10-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Re-read my prior post and an illegal invasion of our country by the millions is not the same thing. "If" Trump broke the law I wouldn't defend him but he still has the obligation as president to protect our borders no matter what. Illegal aliens don't get a pass just because we have American law breakers.

Old 04-10-2019, 05:03 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Not sure what this has to do with illegal immigration.

If you think President Trump would be difficult to work with, don't apply to a job working for him.

Old 04-10-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No one is being forced to disobey any laws and I know that a lot of this is just spin by the left anyway and hearsay by those who have been ousted by Trump.
How is it spin by the left? For the examples I mentioned it came directly from Comey, Tillerson and Cohen. Nielsen is the only example where it is based on a report so I’m not certain that one has been verified. If it is verified I see it as an egregious action.

Old 04-10-2019, 05:53 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,670,347 times
Quote:
Did your boss also instruct you to violate the law? That would be the part that is concerning...not the part about calling her at home in the morning.
WOW, you must have some great evidence, please do share and provide your sources.

It seems odd that someone would worry about that gossip when there is so much illegal activity on the border which needs to be vigorously addressed. The country is cheerfully waiting for the indictments to be handed down soon so we can begin to put some sunshine on the dirt left behind before President Donald Trump was elected.

Respect the process, that is the American way.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
How is it spin by the left? For the examples I mentioned it came directly from Comey, Tillerson and Cohen. Nielsen is the only example where it is based on a report so I’m not certain that one has been verified. If it is verified I see it as an egregious action.
Get back with us when Trump is convicted of breaking the law, ok?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration