Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 07:17 PM

63,004 posts, read 29,210,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Your Mitt Romney solution of making life miserable enough where people self-deport is not going to cause 11 million people to leave....it just isn’t going to happen...so sorry to say you need to go back to the drawing board on that. The only way for us to move past this is offering a pathway to citizenship. That’s the reality of the situation and people need to accept it.

I meant disallowing undocumented immigrants from public services going forward. This would not apply to the ones already here who are on the pathway to citizenship. There would have to be a cut-off date to be eligible for a pathway to citizenship, like being able to prove that you’ve been living and working in the U.S. for a minimum of 3 years and have never been convicted of a crime. If you don’t meet the set criteria, then you’re SOL
Merely, your opinion and where did I say that all 11 million would leave on their own? You might want to go back and re-read my post. Why would they remain here with no means to support themselves?

How is offering them a path to citizenship going to solve the problem? I'll ask again how do Americans get their jobs back? How do we alleviate the overcrowded conditions in our schools, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods due to their presence here? I'll also remind you again that we did this back in 1986 and now we have at least quadruple the number of illegal aliens here today. What does that tell you? Why don't you answer my questions instead of avoiding them?

If they have been working here then most are guilty of either of these two felonies....ID theft or tax evasion. Since when do we reward felonies?

I will never accept their presence here nor advocate for rewarding them and there are plenty of law abiding Americans who feel the same as I do. We are a nation of laws and amnesty will just hurt our own citizens. Why would I want that or for that matter why would you?

Old 05-06-2019, 07:56 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,390,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Merely, your opinion and where did I say that all 11 million would leave on their own? You might want to go back and re-read my post. Why would they remain here with no means to support themselves?

How is offering them a path to citizenship going to solve the problem? I'll ask again how do Americans get their jobs back? How do we alleviate the overcrowded conditions in our schools, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods due to their presence here? I'll also remind you again that we did this back in 1986 and now we have at least quadruple the number of illegal aliens here today. What does that tell you? Why don't you answer my questions instead of avoiding them?

If they have been working here then most are guilty of either of these two felonies....ID theft or tax evasion. Since when do we reward felonies?

I will never accept their presence here nor advocate for rewarding them and there are plenty of law abiding Americans who feel the same as I do. We are a nation of laws and amnesty will just hurt our own citizens. Why would I want that or for that matter why would you?
Are there seriously Americans out there without jobs who have a desire to work? Where are these people and what is their issue? The last I checked we were in our 12th consecutive month with job openings exceeding the number of people looking for work.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...loyed-workers/

Old 05-06-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Are there seriously Americans out there without jobs who have a desire to work? Where are these people and what is their issue? The last I checked we were in our 12th consecutive month with job openings exceeding the number of people looking for work.
Many blue-collared Americans lost the jobs that they loved to do to illegal aliens especially in the construction and landscaping industries. Most would like to get those jobs back again instead of doing something that they don't like or are not getting the wages they once did in the above jobs. Still waiting for you to answer my questions.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:16 PM

20,763 posts, read 8,606,055 times
Laura Ingraham on Fox is dedicating her show tonight to illegal immigration. She is live on the border. I had to stop watching after fifteen minutes because I was furious at what is going on there. SO MUCH WORSE than you think and I knew it was bad. We need to vote out politicians who are pro illegals.

Old 05-07-2019, 12:36 AM

3,862 posts, read 1,798,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Laura Ingraham on Fox is dedicating her show tonight to illegal immigration. She is live on the border. I had to stop watching after fifteen minutes because I was furious at what is going on there. SO MUCH WORSE than you think and I knew it was bad. We need to vote out politicians who are pro illegals.
Thanks, I will try to watch it on demand.

Oldglory thank you for the update on the caravans. Its completely unacceptable that the U.S. isn't doing more to stop this mass invasion. Congress needs to get their act together and put a stop to it.

Old 05-07-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Many blue-collared Americans lost the jobs that they loved to do to illegal aliens especially in the construction and landscaping industries. Most would like to get those jobs back again instead of doing something that they don't like or are not getting the wages they once did in the above jobs. Still waiting for you to answer my questions.
Nobody is entitled to a job, except in communism. This is America - we have a free market economy. Circumstances change...and beggars can’t be choosers. If these people really do exist they need to get off their butts and accept one of the 7 million job openings that are currently out there.

Old 05-07-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Beggars can’t be choosers. If these people really do exist they need to get off their butts and accept one of the 7 million job openings that are currently out there.
There aren't 7 million blue-collared, good paying jobs available. Why should American construction workers who loved their trade move on to something else to accommodate illegal aliens who don't even have a right to be in this country much less a right to those jobs? They shouldn't have to be beggars. Those jobs were stolen from them in collusion with these greedy employers. Why wouldn't you want these job stealers deported and the employers punished? May I ask if you are an American citizen and what your dog in this race is?

Old 05-07-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Nobody is entitled to a job, except in communism. This is America - we have a free market economy. Circumstances change...and beggars can’t be choosers. If these people really do exist they need to get off their butts and accept one of the 7 million job openings that are currently out there.
Americans are certainly lawfully entitled to the jobs in this country over illegal aliens though, aren't they? We are also a nation of laws. No so-called free market economy lawfully includes violating our immigration and labor laws. If circumstances change naturally and lawfully it's a whole lot different than an illegal invasion changing things. I find it insulting that you would tell Americans that lost their jobs to these illegal invaders to get off their butts and do something else so that illegal aliens can be accomodated and retain those jobs in violation of our immigration laws. Most of these American construction workers have moved on to something else but why should they have had to do that based on the above?

Old 05-07-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
There aren't 7 million blue-collared, good paying jobs available. Why should American construction workers who loved their trade move on to something else to accommodate illegal aliens who don't even have a right to be in this country much less a right to those jobs? They shouldn't have to be beggars. Those jobs were stolen from them in collusion with these greedy employers. Why wouldn't you want these job stealers deported and the employers punished? May I ask if you are an American citizen and what your dog in this race is?
Enable your direct messages and I’ll tell you anything you want to know.

Old 05-07-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Enable your direct messages and I’ll tell you anything you want to know.
Why should I have to do that? I'm sure some of the other posters would like to know those answers to. Why be secretive about it? It helps to know why someone is a defender of illegal aliens as there are several reasons why one would be. Knowing what those reasons are helps form a counter argument/discussion. Hard to have a discussion on the topics with someone not knowing why they have formed the views that they have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration