Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 06:39 AM

63,004 posts, read 29,210,493 times

Advertisements

"The chronic onslaught of illegal immigrants heading to the United States isn’t just coming from Central America, the caravan includes large groups of Africans, Indians, Bangladeshis, Afghans, Pakistanis and Syrians that have made it all the way to Mexico. Africa is a hotbed of Islamic terrorism, according to the State Department, and Bangladesh is a south Asian Islamic country that’s well known as a recruiting ground for terrorist groups such as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) and Al-Qaeda Indian Subcontinent (AQIS). “More arrive every day” from these countries, according to a mainstream Mexican newspaper report that cites the country’s immigration officials."

https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2...g-u-s-asylum/?

Old 05-04-2019, 07:01 AM

24,532 posts, read 17,277,292 times
The doors are open to everyone despite Trumps attempts at closing them and all the world needs to do is get themselves to the threshold and announce "Honey I'm Home, What's for Dinner?"

I heard that there is 1300 Cubans in one of the caravans. How did they get there?

This is not going to end well for America and when it goes down the drain these so called "asylum" seekers can go back home but where will the rest of us go? Maybe we can form up in caravans and march to Canada and Mexico? I wonder how millions of us will be received?

Old 05-04-2019, 07:08 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,585,626 times
The consequences are already showing up.
Terrorist training camps and indoctrination of Muslim children all over U.S. They have 42 centers across America.(just that we know about)
https://www.foxnews.com/us/video-phi...ciety-children

MS13 and other drug cartels increasing daily with kidnappings, human trafficking, rapes, beheadings, etc etc etc

Thank you Democrats and wimp RINOS !!!

Old 05-04-2019, 07:11 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,390,191 times
I’ve requested that this topic be moved to the Legal immigration forum, since seeking asylum is a legal form of immigration under U.S. law.

Old 05-04-2019, 07:12 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,735,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
I’ve requested that this topic be moved to the Legal immigration forum, since seeking asylum is a legal form of immigration under U.S. law.
Exactly. I'm not sure why people are trying to insist that it's illegal to present at the border for asylum.

Old 05-04-2019, 07:38 AM

24,532 posts, read 17,277,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Exactly. I'm not sure why people are trying to insist that it's illegal to present at the border for asylum.

It is not illegal and that is why everyone is doing it. It is the new scam. When it comes down to it only a small percentage of the asylum seekers actually qualify for asylum and while they wait for their cases to be heard which can take months if not years with the backlog they are free to roam the country.

Every one of them is given a court date to return and plead their cases but what we don't know is how many actually do that.

How many other countries in the world allow people to walk thousands of miles across several countries, present themselves at the border and granted admittance?

Old 05-04-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is not illegal and that is why everyone is doing it. It is the new scam. When it comes down to it only a small percentage of the asylum seekers actually qualify for asylum and while they wait for their cases to be heard which can take months if not years with the backlog they are free to roam the country.

Every one of them is given a court date to return and plead their cases but what we don't know is how many actually do that.

How many other countries in the world allow people to walk thousands of miles across several countries, present themselves at the border and granted admittance?
I do not disagree with you and I don't know which other countries allow people to simply walk in. My issue is with calling them "illegals." They aren't here illegally if they've presented a case for asylum and are waiting for a court date. Now people who hop the border and don't go to a border agent, yes, they're here illegally. As are people who have overstayed their visas. But at the moment, these migrants are not even in our country; they're simply walking through Central America. If they go to a checkpoint and claim asylum, then they've followed the law and have not done anything illegal. Whether they will qualify for asylum is another matter, but in the meantime, they're Schrodinger's Immigrant.

Old 05-04-2019, 07:42 AM

20,165 posts, read 9,060,402 times
They know before they get here they're not welcome, why come at all?

Old 05-04-2019, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
They know before they get here they're not welcome, why come at all?
Hmm, I wonder if they're leaving something worse than "feeling not welcome." And besides, just because you don't welcome them doesn't mean others don't. Some have family members here.

Old 05-04-2019, 07:47 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,518,479 times
The “its perfectly legal to request asylum” argument is flushed down the proverbial toilet when it’s become an institutionally crowdsourced endeavor that results in gigantic organized groups being delivered to our borders with a 95% invalid asylum claim rate. It’s a policy that has been abused by too many for too long and we need to fix this problem immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration