Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2019, 03:14 PM

22,476 posts, read 12,014,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
I already wrote this before, but if you want to stop the "undocumented immigrants" from coming here and/or have the ones currently here leave punish the employers severely. Asset forfeiture would be a good start.

If we find one undocumented immigrant working at Walmart seize the Walton heirs cash and assets. Laws will be changed over night I guarantee it.

There's also an underlining belief that if we can kick out all the undocumented immigrants all of society's slackers will fill those jobs. The Republicans believe everyone on welfare and disability are faking it anyway. I would love to see all the "undocumented immigrants" disappear so these morons can see the consequence of their actions. That will never happen though. So we can keep going around in circles and wasting time.
They're not "undocumented immigrants". They are illegal aliens. Undocumented immigrant is just another euphemism that attempts to obscure their criminal actions.

First of all, no one ever said that all the illegals will disappear overnight. It will be gradual. Before Obama stopped ICE raids, Americans would line up the same day to take those jobs.

Yes, fining those who knowingly hire illegals is a must. However, it won't entirely solve the problem. Nationwide E-verify is also necessary to weed out the 8 million no-match SSNs in the workforce. Also, that despicable loophole in the law that says it's okay if someone uses your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it, needs to be closed. There also has to be a better way to track visa overstayers.

Finally, the 700 miles of good border barriers needs to get built.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
You and others here don't seem to understand that there is no way for people from third world countries to enter the US, obtain a work permit, and later residency. The only way they can get in is thru marriage to a US citizen or family reunification. Also, tourist visas are rarely issued for people from poor countries, since USCIS will think they will over stay and never return to their home country. Some countries have 95%+ tourist visa rejection rates.

Depending on the country of origin some reunification claims can take up to 20 years to be processed. A good example would be a brother petitioning for his sister (I think this is F-4 visa). Parents and children get processed faster. (F-2 F-3 visa's)

And all this is a bad thing because...?

We don't need any functionally illiterate third world peasants.

Also, chain migration needs to come to an end.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:31 PM

62,997 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
I already wrote this before, but if you want to stop the "undocumented immigrants" from coming here and/or have the ones currently here leave punish the employers severely. Asset forfeiture would be a good start.

If we find one undocumented immigrant working at Walmart seize the Walton heirs cash and assets. Laws will be changed over night I guarantee it.

There's also an underlining belief that if we can kick out all the undocumented immigrants all of society's slackers will fill those jobs. The Republicans believe everyone on welfare and disability are faking it anyway. I would love to see all the "undocumented immigrants" disappear so these morons can see the consequence of their actions. That will never happen though. So we can keep going around in circles and wasting time.
Not all illegal aliens (not undocumented immigrants) are coming here to work. This has been repeated over and over. Unless we deny their kids our birthright citizenship and benefits they will still come. I have also repeated that it has to be proven that an employer knowingly had illegals working for them. Illegal aliens present authentic looking fake or stolen ID's and SS#'s to work and without e-verify it isn't easy to tell.

Illegal aliens have taken jobs that Americans were working already. It has nothing to do with slackers who never want to work. No, the Republicans do not believe that everyone on the public dole is faking either but the Democrats don't seem to care either way. I would also love to see all of these illegal aliens booted out of our country as Americans would get their jobs back, no more footing the bill for the over $100 billion a year that illegals cost us, less crime, less overcrowded schools, jails, hospitals, road and neighborhoods. Less depletion of our natural resources and no more sending earnings out of the country not spent in our economy. Sounds like winning consequences to me.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:38 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,839,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
They're not "undocumented immigrants". They are illegal aliens. Undocumented immigrant is just another euphemism that attempts to obscure their criminal actions.

First of all, no one ever said that all the illegals will disappear overnight. It will be gradual. Before Obama stopped ICE raids, Americans would line up the same day to take those jobs.

Yes, fining those who knowingly hire illegals is a must. However, it won't entirely solve the problem. Nationwide E-verify is also necessary to weed out the 8 million no-match SSNs in the workforce. Also, that despicable loophole in the law that says it's okay if someone uses your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it, needs to be closed. There also has to be a better way to track visa overstayers.

Finally, the 700 miles of good border barriers needs to get built.

I've already gone over the "undocumented immigrants" vs "illegal aliens" search my old posts.

We don't need e verify, ICE, or a border wall to rid ourselves of the undocumented immigrants. Seize all the cash and assets of business that hire undocumented immigrants (or people who don't have valid work permits) and watch the laws change over night or watch the undocumented immigrants disappear. I would guess it would take about a year for them to disappear.

TRump et al don't have the guts to do something like this so its never going to happen. Pounding on your keyboard here isn't going to change a thing.

The distinction of poor people only be able to emigrate to the US via marriage or family reunification is for all the people who keep insisting that they go home and wait their turn to enter the US. There is no way for poor immigrants to do that. Even the DACA people can not leave the US and return.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
You and others here don't seem to understand that there is no way for people from third world countries to enter the US, obtain a work permit, and later residency. The only way they can get in is thru marriage to a US citizen or family reunification. Also, tourist visas are rarely issued for people from poor countries, since USCIS will think they will over stay and never return to their home country. Some countries have 95%+ tourist visa rejection rates.

Depending on the country of origin some reunification claims can take up to 20 years to be processed. A good example would be a brother petitioning for his sister (I think this is F-4 visa). Parents and children get processed faster. (F-2 F-3 visa's)

A woman I know from Uruguay waited 12 years for her visa to be approved (her sister petitioned for her)

People crossing the border and claiming asylum is their only way absent one of the two reason above.

Family reunification was started under LBJ in the 1960's I believe. So its been in force for over 50 years.
Have you ever given any thought as to why we don't want or need third world peasants here? It's really not that hard to figure out why. If they don't meet the criteria that we need then they shouldn't come here illegally anyway as it's not fair to our own citizens and is a violation of our immigration laws. It's also dishonest to make bogus asylum claims to gain entry into our country.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
I've already gone over the "undocumented immigrants" vs "illegal aliens" search my old posts.

We don't need e verify, ICE, or a border wall to rid ourselves of the undocumented immigrants. Seize all the cash and assets of business that hire undocumented immigrants (or people who don't have valid work permits) and watch the laws change over night or watch the undocumented immigrants disappear. I would guess it would take about a year for them to disappear.

TRump et al don't have the guts to do something like this so its never going to happen. Pounding on your keyboard here isn't going to change a thing.

The distinction of poor people only be able to emigrate to the US via marriage or family reunification is for all the people who keep insisting that they go home and wait their turn to enter the US. There is no way for poor immigrants to do that. Even the DACA people can not leave the US and return.
Per the bolded --- Nope. That won't rid ourselves of illegal aliens. Not even close. You assume that all illegals are sweet, innocent people who only come here to work. Many come here to cause harm and have no intentions of working. Plus, your idea won't stop sleazy employers who hire them and pay them under the table.

The 700 miles of border barriers will go a long way when it comes to stopping illegal entries. Yet it won't stop visa overstays (that needs to be dealt with).

Once again --- There is a reason why it's harder for "poor immigrants" to come here. We don't need any functionally illiterate third world peasants. We have plenty of our own poor who need help and they come first and foremost.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:

https://www.heritage.org/immigration...gnores-the-law

https://www.14thamendment.us/info/illegal_alien.html

Yes, we do need e-verify, ICE and a good border wall where it is feasible. One to deter illegals aliens from using fake or stolen documents to gain employment, two for internal enforcement and the other to deter illegal entry which has proven to be very effective already. E-verify will not stop employers from paying their illegal workers in cash either. How do we prove that? The visa over stayers will have to be dealt with in a different manner. The good walls are to stop "illegal" entry.

Once again, it has to be proven that an employer knowingly has illegals working for them. We can't seize their assets without that. There have been a few cases of late where it was proven and the employers were held accountable. Do you think that criminals, terrorists and the drug runners are coming here for work? Many of these illegals live off the welfare from their anchor babies also so that PC policy would have to be done away with also.

Trump has had e-verify in his last two budgets (turned down by the Democrats again, I am sure) and has reinstated the workplace raids discontinued under Obama. He has fought tooth and nail for a border wall and to change our asylum policies. How can anyone say with a straight face that he is doing nothing?

Why shouldn't anyone here illegally be forced to go home and apply to come back legally as legal immigrants do including the DACAs? If they aren't accepted then so be it. We didn't need or want them then. Who has the right to decide who can reside in our country other then our own government and its citizens? We should let foreigners decide for us by stubbornly remaining here illegally anyway or continuing to come here illegally anyway? Why are you looking at it from their prospective rather than the rights and needs of our own citizens? Are you not a citizen of this country or do you have ethnic ties to illegal aliens?

Old 06-21-2019, 03:58 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,381,304 times
Quote:
You have little faith. If you had faith, then:

Why did you go to the trouble of bringing your mother-in-law and wife here legally? Why didn't you just tell them to get a tourist visa to come here, then never go back to their own country? After all, according to you, amnesty is just around the corner That's so much cheaper and faster than applying to come legally.
There were legal immigration options for us. That isn’t the case for the vast majority of the 12 million here illegally. Also, we’ve gone through rejections for visitors visas so it that isn’t exactly a viable alternative option.

Old 06-21-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
There were legal immigration options for us. That isn’t the case for the vast majority of the 12 million here illegally. Also, we’ve gone through rejections for visitors visas so it that isn’t exactly a viable alternative option.
So...IOW...you basically don't practice what you preach

If it's good enough, according to you, for illegals to thumb their noses at our laws and still get amnesty, your wife and mother-in-law should have done the same thing. After all, you are very confident that amnesty for millions of illegals is just around the corner. They, too, could have gotten amnesty with all the others. It's certainly cheaper than going through the process of legal immigration.

If they were rejected for visitors visas, then you could have flown them in to Mexico and hired a coyote, no?

If there are no "legal immigration options" for functionally illiterate third world peasants, then one needs to see the writing on the wall. We, as a nation, have no use for those who will be nothing but a burden on us---which is what third world functionally illiterate peasants are. Unskilled Americans don't need anyone displacing them in the workforce and driving down wages.

And...once again...there are far, far more than 12 million of them. Even those of us who are math challenged can figure it out. Everyday illegals sneak across the border or overstay a visa. It's not like magically one day all illegal immigration stopped when their population reached 12 million. As Judge Judy would say "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's rain".

Old 06-21-2019, 04:42 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,363,447 times
Quote:
Per the bolded --- Nope. That won't rid ourselves of illegal aliens. Not even close. You assume that all illegals are sweet, innocent people who only come here to work. Many come here to cause harm and have no intentions of working. Plus, your idea won't stop sleazy employers who hire them and pay them under the table.

The 700 miles of border barriers will go a long way when it comes to stopping illegal entries. Yet it won't stop visa overstays (that needs to be dealt with).

Once again --- There is a reason why it's harder for "poor immigrants" to come here. We don't need any functionally illiterate third world peasants. We have plenty of our own poor who need help and they come first and foremost.
Mexicans and Central Americans are not functionally illiterate. Literacy is in the 90s%. Completion of secondary education is relatively low...around 50%. Dreamers however are pretty well educated and to
American standards.

The real problem is that they are here and established well past any hope of removing them. And the longer we wait the worse the problem gets. So all the right can actually do is make it worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration