Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 08:43 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times

Advertisements

How about the California wild fires of last year? I remember a story on the news where illegal aliens were getting $500,000 skin grafts from being burnt. Who the hell is paying for that?

I am an American who not only pays a lot in taxes but a lot for my heath insurance. I know that hell would freeze over before my insurance company would authorize a half a million dollar skin graft-it would never happen. They would give me antibiotics and send me home. There is no way my insurance would pay a half a mill for ONE skin graft. We Americans have to pay for people that don't belong here however?

SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Metro -- 11 of 18 in burn unit undocumented

Even better-this illegal was burning ants with gasoline and we are responsible for over $300,000 in his bills?

Burden Grows for Southwest Hospitals - New York Times

Nicolem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 09:10 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Maybe we should go over to the UK and get their free medical care at taxpayers expense... we will just ship our sickest patients over there... the UK wouldn't have a problem with that would they? So much for socialize health care...

Old 06-30-2008, 10:34 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
are illegal aliens stealing organs, or forging documents to get ahead on the organ donor list?
Why should she be on the transplant list in the first place? If the United States of America has developed a system of hospitals that perform transplants and a nationwide network that matches patients in liver failure with donor organs, why should anyone from another country feel they have the right to come to the US and get in line for this very expensive procedure? ESPECIALLY in view of the fact that there are far more actual American citizens waiting for transplants than there are donor livers available and some of these Americans will die before an organ matches up for them?
You state she should not be criticized for wanting to stay live- what if her staying alive results in the deaths of other people? The distinct possibility exists that another patient may have died while she was receiving one of her multiple liver transplants. She has run up over $2,000,000 in medical bills. She is not going to pay. The government of Mexico is not going to pay. As usual, the hapless US taxpayer winds up with the bill.
These individuals who either come here on their own or are brought here as children by relatives need to be returned to their home countries. A significant number seem to come from Mexico. In this girl's particular case, there is no REASON Mexico could not set up their own transplant system for their own citizens. Heck, we'd probably even be willing to help them get it set up and running. The way things are now, it is just too easy for them to dump their ailing citizens on the US and let us incur the costs of caring for them.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:48 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,738,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Oh really, I did? according to who? I've seen a documentary on this. And the list is too big; so big Americans are going to China and India to get their organs. It is awful odd this lady is getting so many.
I'm guessing you're not in the healthcare field. I see it ALL the time (pay attention to the last sentence):

Repeat organ transplantation in the United States,...[Am J Transplant. 2007] - PubMed Result

So no, it is not odd.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:52 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
If you don't understant the issue here, then there's no sense in explaining.
Oh I do understand the issue, because she is ILLEGAL, no one gripes if it is a prisoner that has committed numerous crimes and becomes ill at the state Pen. Or they are receiving medication for aid's and could be on death row.
We do not have enough organs or Donor's to go around, but I can imagine how desperate ler parents must feel. If you were a paramedic and arrived on an accident scene
One was undocumented and one was a citizen and they were both close to death, which one would get your attention if you can be honest?

Last edited by sassyone; 07-06-2008 at 10:07 PM..

Old 07-07-2008, 01:36 AM

219 posts, read 425,329 times
I was just talking to my dad about this the other day. I am an organ donor, but if my family cannot guarantee that after I am dead my organs would NOT go to a illegal alien then I am going to take myself off of the donor registry. That makes me mad.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:11 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Oh I do understand the issue, because she is ILLEGAL, no one gripes if it is a prisoner that has committed numerous crimes and becomes ill at the state Pen. Or they are receiving medication for aid's and could be on death row.
We do not have enough organs or Donor's to go around, but I can imagine how desperate ler parents must feel. If you were a paramedic and arrived on an accident scene
One was undocumented and one was a citizen and they were both close to death, which one would get your attention if you can be honest?
To be honest.......The one that rightfully "deserves" my attention the most, and that can be done without going, "eeny..meany.. miney..mow".

Is that a fair enough answer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration