Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2022, 08:19 AM

10,119 posts, read 7,781,735 times

Advertisements

It makes me so anxious and sad to see video of all these illegal aliens flocking in each day. This is destroying America. Think of all the fentanyl coming in and killing our citizens. Think of terrorists coming in.

Most of Americans think it is too much...even democrats. If most of the country want it to stop or at least slow it down, can we do anything?

Biden is allowed to do this and it's ok? We're watching the destruction of our country right in front of our eyes and it's ok? Enough is enough. Americans should be so angry and angry enough to do something...but what? Only solution is your ability to vote him out? We can't have all these illegals coming in for another 2 years. Can you imagine the landscape of our country and the burden on us to take care of them with out own tax dollars that we work hard for. We have to teach them, take care of them, give them health insurance, etc.

What's wrong with taking care of our own and putting Americans first for a change? I'm so sick of an administration that puts everyone first except those they are supposed to lead and take care of. It seems to me there needs to be something to remove people in office that don't put Americans first. It's just very frustrating. People in the white house are spreading nothing but their doom and gloom and their hopelessness to the people they are supposed to take care of and they don't care if everyone of us is miserable. They refuse to fix anything. I find it hard to understand how this is allowed in our country.

All they care about is power. Could you imagine if these people stayed in power for many terms in a row?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2022, 08:21 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Yes.

Stop feeding them.

But no one wants to do that.

We have every bit of the technology we need, to run a person's SSN through a tracker and determine if the holder of the number is a citizen, and charge people with a crime if they hire and pay the person anyway. but yet . . . but yet . . .

Old 05-20-2022, 08:46 AM

1,134 posts, read 405,252 times
You're not the only person worried about illegal migrants pouring over the border. NBC News has been covering Biden's low approval ratings on various issues including immigration.

They quoted a Mexican immigrant working as an internet service technician in Illinois, Manual Morales, who said he's "disappointed" to see the scenes of migrants pouring across the Southern border. He feels the U.S. needs to more stringently control its border and there has to be limits.

They went on to say only 38% of Americans approve of how Biden is handling immigration. And it's dropping.

Furthermore, overall, only about 2 in 10 adults say the U.S. is heading in the right direction or the economy is good, both down from about 3 in 10 a month earlier. Those drops were concentrated among Democrats, with just 33% within the president’s party saying the country is headed in the right direction, down from 49% in April.

Old 05-20-2022, 08:52 AM

23,648 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes.

Stop feeding them.

But no one wants to do that.

We have every bit of the technology we need, to run a person's SSN through a tracker and determine if the holder of the number is a citizen, and charge people with a crime if they hire and pay the person anyway. but yet . . . but yet . . .
You make it sound as if the e-verify system works.

Quote:
E-Verify simply does not work. Its systematic design flaws make the program destined to fail. Congress has never seriously debated E-Verify – its reauthorization by this November provides a golden opportunity to reexamine this program in light of all of its failures. Fixing the legal immigration system by allowing more low-skilled workers on temporary visas and green cards will remove the need for E-Verify entirely. After all, if workers can come legally then they won’t come illegally.
<bbm>
https://www.politico.com/news/agenda...its%20failures.

Besides, not everyone comes here to work.

Old 05-20-2022, 08:53 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
It makes me so anxious and sad to see video of all these illegal aliens flocking in each day. This is destroying America. Think of all the fentanyl coming in and killing our citizens. Think of terrorists coming in.

Most of Americans think it is too much...even democrats. If most of the country want it to stop or at least slow it down, can we do anything?

Biden is allowed to do this and it's ok? We're watching the destruction of our country right in front of our eyes and it's ok? Enough is enough. Americans should be so angry and angry enough to do something...but what? Only solution is your ability to vote him out? We can't have all these illegals coming in for another 2 years. Can you imagine the landscape of our country and the burden on us to take care of them with out own tax dollars that we work hard for. We have to teach them, take care of them, give them health insurance, etc.

What's wrong with taking care of our own and putting Americans first for a change? I'm so sick of an administration that puts everyone first except those they are supposed to lead and take care of. It seems to me there needs to be something to remove people in office that don't put Americans first. It's just very frustrating. People in the white house are spreading nothing but their doom and gloom and their hopelessness to the people they are supposed to take care of and they don't care if everyone of us is miserable. They refuse to fix anything. I find it hard to understand how this is allowed in our country.

All they care about is power. Could you imagine if these people stayed in power for many terms in a row?

Well, thank you, this is what I want to know as well. I don't understand how every American cant feel like this.

yes, trump wanted to take care of us first, us, Americans, not every GD nation in the world.
we have so many issues here and we need to take care of us first.

all these immigrants coming here and getting everything for free boils my blood as I'm here in my office working 40 hours a week, and my co workers mom is coming from Ukraine and I hear him on the phone getting her all free medical and what ever else, meanwhile my niece a single mother of 2 cant even get food stamps because she make 12 dollars over the limit.

sickening what is happening to our country.

Trump had everything on the right track, and now in a matter of months he has completely ruioned everything for so many people here, sickening, it is simply sickening. we need to vote him out once and for all.

Biden is not for us, what isn't everyone getting???????
Look, all people have to do is look, and see what is happening to our nation, right in front of our eyes.

Old 05-20-2022, 08:58 AM

7,383 posts, read 3,539,248 times
we should send them to someplace worse than where they came. word spreads fast. they only come because they know nothing will hapoen

Old 05-20-2022, 09:00 AM

6,677 posts, read 2,981,839 times
How can you?

When we have people who don't even recognize that there is such thing as an 'Illegal" immigrant. To them, they are not breaking any laws. So there is nothing to fix.

And the politicians who rely on their votes logically won't press the issue.

Old 05-20-2022, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Well, thank you, this is what I want to know as well. I don't understand how every American cant feel like this.

yes, trump wanted to take care of us first, us, Americans, not every GD nation in the world.
we have so many issues here and we need to take care of us first.

all these immigrants coming here and getting everything for free boils my blood as I'm here in my office working 40 hours a week, and my co workers mom is coming from Ukraine and I hear him on the phone getting her all free medical and what ever else, meanwhile my niece a single mother of 2 cant even get food stamps because she make 12 dollars over the limit.

sickening what is happening to our country.

Trump had everything on the right track, and now in a matter of months he has completely ruioned everything for so many people here, sickening, it is simply sickening. we need to vote him out once and for all.

Biden is not for us, what isn't everyone getting???????
Look, all people have to do is look, and see what is happening to our nation, right in front of our eyes.
I'm right there with you on the frustration. I just cant understand how this is allowed. And no one is doing anything to try and stop it. It truly hurts to watch.

Old 05-20-2022, 09:01 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You make it sound as if the e-verify system works.

<bbm>
https://www.politico.com/news/agenda...its%20failures.

Besides, not everyone comes here to work.
That poster is again ill-informed. It is the Democrats that won't pass an e-verify bill, would not go along with an end to birthright citizenship for these illegal's kids and benefits, want sanctuary cities, are giving illegals DL's, don't want them deported unless they are "convicted" criminals and all other kinds of incentives to remain here and to continue to come here. Biden did away with all of Trump's policies to stop this mess on our border and he stopped the building of the wall. That poster is a party hack that won't put the blame where it belongs and that's squarely on the shoulders of the Democrats. I get the feeling that she has an agenda to keep the flow of illegals coming in. Bet she's an amnesty advocate to.

Last edited by Oldglory; 05-20-2022 at 09:59 AM..

Old 05-20-2022, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
we should send them to someplace worse than where they came. word spreads fast. they only come because they know nothing will hapoen
Thing is our country is going in the crapper at warped speed. If we get totally destroyed, the illegals will turn around and want to go back home to wherever they came from. Quatemala/Venezuala or wherever they came from will start to look like paradise.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 05-20-2022 at 09:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration