Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 12:27 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortarMaggotCo-A-1st-19th View Post
That's pretty messed up because being in this country illegally IS A FELONY!!
Only if they are caught once, deported and then they come back and are caught again is it a felony. IMO though it should be a felony the first time they are caught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 12:28 PM

8 posts, read 9,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
[/color]

Ah, the things the general public does not know. Years ago I was assigned to a special position in a Southern California Jail in it's Intake and release center. We classified all incoming "keeper arrests" for housing. At a certain point in time aprx 14 years ago they allowed what was then INS to set up office next to us in the jail. Initially we thought this is great! INS will deport all of these scum bags. NOT!
Many times I would refer them to an inmate who was obviously illegal. INS would say what is he in for. I would say misdemeanor warrants or misdemeanor street chages but he has a rap sheet 6 feet long.
INS would say, nope can't deport. We can only deport felons!!!!!!!
What the H-LL! You've got them right here incustody for commiting a crime plus the crime of being here illegally but you will not deport!
I could go on and on about the idiotic way we were forced to handle illegals once I went to the street as a deputy.
As a Deputy,can't you charge them with illegal entry to the country yourself???? I mean,you are an officer of the law,and being in the country illegally is breaking the law,does that mean that Mayor Villaraigosa forbids his law enforcement personell to arrest and deport his illegal countrymen and women????!!!! I'm not trying to be racist or anything like that,but the picture i see is this,city and county of L.A. overrun with illegal mexican aliens,the Mayor of the city and county is Mexican and somehow the city has been said to be a sanctuary city and illegals are not being arrested and deported.I'm old enough to know that when Tom Bradley was Mayor this was not happening,do you see what i'm getting at????!!!!

Old 03-12-2012, 12:30 PM

8 posts, read 9,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Only if they are caught once, deported and then they come back and are caught again is it a felony. IMO though it should be a felony the first time they are caught.
That's not the language in the constitution,and the numbers in which they are breaching our border is considered invasion force.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:57 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
That's not the language in the constitution,and the numbers in which they are breaching our border is considered invasion force.
A felony is a law term that depicts a more serious crime. To my knowledge there is nothing in the Constitution that crossing our border illegally is a felony. I agree that this is an unarmed invasion however and that entering our country illegally should be a felony the first time.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:44 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
More than 905 illegal immigrants arrested or deported in California

Out of how many? Did they forget to pay their dues to the illegal faction?

Old 03-12-2012, 06:23 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,471,116 times
Quote:
As a Deputy,can't you charge them with illegal entry to the country yourself???? I mean,you are an officer of the law,and being in the country illegally is breaking the law,does that mean that Mayor Villaraigosa forbids his law enforcement personell to arrest and deport his illegal countrymen and women????!!!! I'm not trying to be racist or anything like that,but the picture i see is this,city and county of L.A. overrun with illegal mexican aliens,the Mayor of the city and county is Mexican and somehow the city has been said to be a sanctuary city and illegals are not being arrested and deported.I'm old enough to know that when Tom Bradley was Mayor this was not happening,do you see what i'm getting at????!!!!
Yea I know what you are getting at. Politics trickle down to the front lines and tie our hands. An example is a fellow deputy who many years ago arrested a juvenile female Hispanic for petty theft. She would not provide her real name or anyone of legal age to claim responsibility for her. So the deputy took it on himself to drive her all the way to the San Onofre check point and left her in the custody of what was then INS. The deputy payed hell for that when our Hispanic Lieutenant found out about it.
Glad I'm retired.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Have to say living here i am surpirsed, but none the less happy, each little step, is better then none at all. Problem is our lovely Mayor, he needs to go, and has been soft on this issue.

I still believe differently, a race has nothing to do, with lawless people invading our Country. SUCH as i'm of Italian decent, if i were a mayor, and we had an invasion of Italians, that would not matter to me, yes i'm of Italian decent, before all other things i'm American. And these people would not get any prenentital treatment. But sorry to say, over and over again, it is much different with hispanics.

Sorry i may be harsh, but a realistic also, if i had my way, i would find them all and deport them, we do not need this headache. For our children and grandchildren, they do not need this headache, that our generation, refused to do a thing about.

Let this problem go, most of us our smart, and can see where this will lead, if we let this go, it is not good.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:32 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
More than 905 illegal immigrants arrested or deported in California

Out of how many? Did they forget to pay their dues to the illegal faction?
Unfortunately the OP was from 2008, before Obama took office. No way is Obama going to have illegals arrested for breaking the laws, not before an election while he's pandering big-time for their votes.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:32 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,471,116 times
[quote=california-jewel;23378451]Have to say living here i am surpirsed, but none the less happy, each little step, is better then none at all. Problem is our lovely Mayor, he needs to go, and has been soft on this issue.

I still believe differently, a race has nothing to do, with lawless people invading our Country. SUCH as i'm of Italian decent, if i were a mayor, and we had an invasion of Italians, that would not matter to me, yes i'm of Italian decent, before all other things i'm American. And these people would not get any prenentital treatment. But sorry to say, over and over again, it is much different with hispanics.

Sorry i may be harsh, but a realistic also, if i had my way, i would find them all and deport them, we do not need this headache. For our children and grandchildren, they do not need this headache, that our generation, refused to do a thing about.

Let this problem go, most of us our smart, and can see where this will lead, if we let this go, it is not good.[/quote]

First you are not harsh at all. People need to lose that fear and be very harsh. Secondly the part I highlighted in blue confused me. Let it go or not? I say not!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration