Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2023, 04:21 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Ahead of the State of the Union next Tuesday, Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) will debut the State Border Security Reimbursement Act that would help states like Arizona and Texas recover from massive expenditures at the border over the past decade, including responding to illegal immigration, drug smuggling, and related matters.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...aw-legislation

The border states should be reimbursed for this mess. However, guess where those federal dollars come from? You and me! This should never have happened in the first place if Biden and subsequent administrations had secured our border and enforced our immigration laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2023, 06:44 AM

1,929 posts, read 817,432 times
In other words American taxpayers are on the hook for paying for the housing, feeding and healthcare of illegal aliens.

Old 03-03-2023, 09:36 AM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ahead of the State of the Union next Tuesday, Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) will debut the State Border Security Reimbursement Act that would help states like Arizona and Texas recover from massive expenditures at the border over the past decade, including responding to illegal immigration, drug smuggling, and related matters.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...aw-legislation

The border states should be reimbursed for this mess. However, guess where those federal dollars come from? You and me! This should never have happened in the first place if Biden and subsequent administrations had secured our border and enforced our immigration laws.

That would be previous, not subsequent. An administration subsequent to the Biden administration will start, barring death or a resignation, no earlier than January of 2025.

Old 03-03-2023, 10:55 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerlynorthofnowhere View Post
In other words American taxpayers are on the hook for paying for the housing, feeding and healthcare of illegal aliens.
Yes, all American taxpayers not just Texas taxpayers.

Old 03-03-2023, 12:04 PM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Trump tried to do something and the Left attacked him from every angle over it. I think what we are seeing from Biden and his approach to the Border is out of spite for Trump. It is like he is trying to prove a point and make it seem that he is the all welcoming and caring grandfather he tells us he is.

We should have known we were in for it when the Demo candidates were asked if they would give free healthcare to the Illegals and they all raised their hands.

Illegal Immigration is costing us Billions of dollars and countless lives are being ruined and it is all because the Democrats want a future voting base. Nice job Demos.

Old 03-03-2023, 03:00 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Trump tried to do something and the Left attacked him from every angle over it. I think what we are seeing from Biden and his approach to the Border is out of spite for Trump. It is like he is trying to prove a point and make it seem that he is the all welcoming and caring grandfather he tells us he is.

We should have known we were in for it when the Demo candidates were asked if they would give free healthcare to the Illegals and they all raised their hands.

Illegal Immigration is costing us Billions of dollars and countless lives are being ruined and it is all because the Democrats want a future voting base. Nice job Demos.
I’m not sure l can ever forgive them for it.

Old 03-03-2023, 04:53 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
No one should HAVE TO BE reimbursed for this, as we have federal laws that in place that make such a thing unnecessary! I am so sick of this. We have 1/2 million homeless Americans and 1.5 million Americans in prison for breaking laws, some not as serious as those being broken by the invasion of the illegals and fake asylum seekers. We have families with sick children seeking up "Go Fund Me" to help them pay for what their insurance won't pay for to try to heal or save the lives of their children.

I am so sick of this preferential treatment these law breaking invaders get!

Old 03-03-2023, 07:18 PM

4,413 posts, read 5,145,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
No one should HAVE TO BE reimbursed for this, as we have federal laws that in place that make such a thing unnecessary! I am so sick of this. We have 1/2 million homeless Americans and 1.5 million Americans in prison for breaking laws, some not as serious as those being broken by the invasion of the illegals and fake asylum seekers. We have families with sick children seeking up "Go Fund Me" to help them pay for what their insurance won't pay for to try to heal or save the lives of their children.

I am so sick of this preferential treatment these law breaking invaders get!
The progressive and business elites are uncompromising on this. Anything bad that comes along with it is collateral damage.

We keep giving the elites tax brakes so they have even more power to get their way. And for what? So poor people don’t get too much food stamp support? Genius…

The money management class are a huge problem to, because they control the power your money gives them. The extra 3-5% extra interest they provide is supposed to shut people like you up. Isn’t it grand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration