Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 12:42 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Mach, calm down..this is juvenile nonsense. The joke about "Everyone who can jump, swim", etc, has been a favorite one among Mexican-Americans for at LEAST 25 years....The Mexican-Americans I've been privileged to know (and even the Mexican nationals) LOVE this corny stuff !! Like MOST ethnic groups, all of them like to laugh at themselves.

Don't even ASK me about "Mexican Judo"....I heard THAT one from a nephew 20 years ago (two of his grandparents were BORN in Mexico)...it's a GREAT joke, and caused a total belly laugh !...my son STILL mentions it on occasion..

Don't blame you for objecting to serious prejudice, or mean-spirited slurs. But honestly, this is 'kid stuff'. Call it 'stupid' or 'silly'...but not 'mean'...
Everyone can make stupid assumptions about how Latinos hate all Blacks, and all Mexicans are the reconquista and part of MECHa...

Why can't we post a link to a little hatred and "juvenile nonsense" from Americans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 12:44 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Everyone can make stupid assumptions about how Latinos hate all Blacks, and all Mexicans are the reconquista and part of MECHa...

Why can't we post a little hatred and "juvenile nonsense" from Americans?
Because some people don't know any better. You do....(by the way, as you know, I LOVE stupid jokes...but they also cause lots of 'flack')

Old 06-19-2008, 12:45 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times
Quote:
That board? It was discussed on this board. The link I sent you is this board discussing what Mexicans think of Americans..very generalized.
Um your link was for a post started by a post from brownpride.us-I meant I do not frequent that. I don't give a rat's ass what Mexicans or any other country think about me. You post some garbage and try to infer all Americans feel one way about Mexicans. Again you are trying to stir up racial issues because you can not debate immigration-illegal or otherwise -without constantly making it a racial issue.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Um your link was for a post started by a post from brownpride.us-I meant I do not frequent that. I don't give a rat's ass what Mexicans or any other country think about me. You post some garbage and try to infer all Americans feel one way about Mexicans. Again you are trying to stir up racial issues because you can not debate immigration-illegal or otherwise -without constantly making it a racial issue.
Are we discussing illegal immigration in a rational manner?

All I see are posts about Latinos and Mexicans.

(Free pass to discrimination incoming "Mexicans and Hispanics bring it upon themselves")

Old 06-19-2008, 12:47 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
Quote:
Doh!!!

Old 06-19-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Are we discussing illegal immigration in a rational sense?

All I see is posts about Latinos and Mexicans.
Posting this crap-your OP- is rational?

Um no not every post is about Latinos and Mexicans. You are one of the people who constantly bring that into the debate and then you can cry "racist". Myself and others on this board discuss it rationally. You constantly have to bring race into it-again because illegal = illegal. You have to throw the race card out there because there is no excuse or justification for illegal alien invaders.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Posting this crap-your OP- is rational?

Um no not every post is about Latinos and Mexicans. You are one of the people who constantly bring that into the debate and then you can cry "racist". Myself and others on this board discuss it rationally. You constantly have to bring race into it-again because illegal = illegal. You have to throw the race card out there because there is no excuse or justification for illegal alien invaders.

Go here:

Immigration Forum - Relocation, Moving, Local City Discussions - City-Data Forum

Count the OP that are generally about Spanish, Mexican, Latin, Hispanics...remotely tied to illegals. You can continue to deny it though.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Go here:

Immigration Forum - Relocation, Moving, Local City Discussions - City-Data Forum

Count the OP that are generally about Spanish, Mexican, Latin, Hispanics...remotely tied to illegals. You can continue to deny it though.
I don't need to count. I never said there were none- I said not all of the posts were about Mexicans, Hispanics, etc. And I just went through three separate threads that did NOT mention Latino , Hispanic, etc. Guess what the common theme was? YOU did not post in any of them!- I am sure it is a matter of time before you some how throw racism into those threads too. I went through quickly- I am sure I could have found more if I had the time.

Not all posters post about Latino, Mexican, etc. However being that we share a border with Mexico and the majority of illegals come from there-it is going to be discussed-and it is not racist to do so.

Nicolem

Old 06-19-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I don't need to count. I never said there were none- I said not all of the posts were about Mexicans, Hispanics, etc. And I just went through three separate threads that did NOT mention Latino , Hispanic, etc. Guess what the common theme was? YOU did not post in any of them!- I am sure it is a matter of time before you some how throw racism into those threads too. I went through quickly- I am sure I could have found more if I had the time.

Not all posters post about Latino, Mexican, etc. However being that we share a border with Mexico and the majority of illegals come from there-it is going to be discussed-and it is not racist to do so.

Nicolem
How about posting a link to a blog stating that Hispanics hate Black people...is that making immigration a racial issue?

It appears to me it is ok to cite cultural problems amongst Hispanics, but not amongst non-Hispanics, it is ok to throw generalizations and juvenile comments 1 way but not the other.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:11 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
This post is nothing more than an attempt at race baiting - and should be deleted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration