Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe we should know the number of illegal alien children attending our public schools?
Yes 44 86.27%
No 5 9.80%
It Depends 0 0%
No Opinion 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 11:58 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times

Advertisements

The Commissioner of Frederick County, MD wants to know how many illegal alien children are attending their public schools. Given the massive numbers of illegal aliens currently in our country, I believe taxpayers have a right to know the true magnitude of those taking advantage of our public school systems and our taxes.

Link to article.
Thompson wants count of illegal immigrants in school system
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,650 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Well of course, but i would bet Frederick county wants more federal money to nurse them.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:36 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
I take it that 'illegal alien children' refers to those kids who were actually outside of the USA and with both of the parents here illegally themselves?

Quote:
Guy Djoken, president of the local branch of the NAACP, wrote in an e-mail that he believes the proposal a political scare tactic at a time when people are worried about the rising costs of health care or losing their homes or life savings.
Taken from the above article.............if I were a Black American---------I would be infuriated to say the least about the 'NAACP' defending people who are here in the USA illegally.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:07 PM

334 posts, read 827,965 times
Yes, for the children to be illegals, they would have to been born outside the US; if born here, they are legal US citizens and entitled to schooling. I would guess the number born outside the US is not too great -- and yet,why shouldn't they go to school, regardless of whether they stay or go back to another country? Are we that bad of a nation that we don't care about children?

Old 04-25-2008, 02:34 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rosarito View Post
Yes, for the children to be illegals, they would have to been born outside the US; if born here, they are legal US citizens and entitled to schooling. I would guess the number born outside the US is not too great -- and yet,why shouldn't they go to school, regardless of whether they stay or go back to another country? Are we that bad of a nation that we don't care about children?
Well, Dave, by "born here" I ASSUME you mean in the USA, though you don't live here....ditto for your references to "we" as a possibly "bad nation". You mean the US, I'm assuming.

I read the article....and you can draw your own conclusion. Is it merely the effort of some disgruntled racist to 'whip up' negative sentiment? I can't tell. But it COULD be simply an effort to determine exactly who we ARE educating, at a pretty considerable cost; and, upon gaining that info, perhaps then some sort of effort to begin efforts to TRY and collect the "bill" for some of this....I honestly don't know.

I DO NOT get the feeling that the findings will be posted in front of the 'kiddies', which would give some of them a reason to 'taunt' the others.."Billy is fat...Suzy stutters....Agnes is a 'nerd'....and Angel is illegal').I don't THINK that's how it will work out. But maybe, if we can demonstrate that another "party" is financially responsible for some of these kids, perhaps we can give that party the "opportunity" to pay up. I have no doubt they'll THANK us for letting them know where their "missing children" ended up. If it was YOUR kids, wouldn't YOU want to pay?....I sure would.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:12 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The Commissioner of Frederick County, MD wants to know how many illegal alien children are attending their public schools. Given the massive numbers of illegal aliens currently in our country, I believe taxpayers have a right to know the true magnitude of those taking advantage of our public school systems and our taxes.

Link to article.
Thompson wants count of illegal immigrants in school system
It seems like Frederick is the only place in Maryland outside Taneytown that means business about illegals.

We should know how many illegals are using (cough....wasting....cough) our school system resources.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,337 times
Default hey u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Link to article.
[URL="http://www.wtop.com/?nid=598&sid=1391958"]Thompson wants count of illegal immigrants in school system[/URL]
people are taking advantage for a reson they want a change they would like to achieve and help them selves just like helping their families

Old 06-27-2008, 04:49 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,754,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
It seems like Frederick is the only place in Maryland outside Taneytown that means business about illegals.

We should know how many illegals are using (cough....wasting....cough) our school system resources.
Feeling sick? I think this guy from Benicar's video must have caught something too.

John Tanton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Furthermore, Tanton raised concerns about the "educability" of Hispanics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration