Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 07:14 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
What if they don't want to reclaim anything. What if they just think they have right to move anywhere in the continent as being Native.

As for the German comment above, were your lands torn from you? Last time I looked Germany is still there and America is a 17% German decent (which is the majority BTW)...Welcome to Germany!
They are free to think whatever they want. What a coincidence that two of the countries in North America that they would be free to 'move' to happen to be Canada and the United States! I've got a better idea. Let all the Natives south of our border settle anywhere they want in South America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 07:17 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Who goes out and gets their DNA tested??
haha, Im sorry, Bear, I'm not trying to disrespect. Its just funny to me because all the emphasis you put on the most mundane technicalities of race, it just seems so appropiate that you got your DNA tested.
Amc760 you need to understand that AzBear also had a Spanish sounding surname changed to something other than Spanish.

Not to attack you AzBear but it sounds like your curiosity of race might be some kind of regret for what you are. Anyway just an observation, you are the first person I have ever spoke with that has had their DNA tested.

AZBear, when you found out you were Euro-White (via DNA) is that when you changed your surname from being Spanish?

I just read this....ok picture comes clearer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In my case; there are some 'skeletons in the closet' that I am trying to expose for my own curiousity. i.e. my bio maternal grandfather, etc.------who he was.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:22 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I saw this despicable sign today in the Post. The picture in the paper was large enough that every word was legible; and believe me, it’s a HUGE sign. It is a seditious message for the “immigrant” community, and should not be tolerated by the citizens of Manassas.

The pro-illegal Wash Post routinely carries articles designed to garner sympathy for illegal aliens. I think this disgusting message may have backfired, similar to the illegal alien marches. Everyone I spoke with today who read the article was absolutely outraged. I haven’t looked at the comment section following the online article, but I can only imagine the majority were negative.
I regularly comment on the illegal alien pieces in the Wash Post comment section. 85% of the comments i read are from the anti-illegal side. People are also tired of the Washington Post catering to the illegal alien population. People were also outraged at the Post a couple of weeks ago when an article about the El Salvador elections were put ON THE FRONT PAGE of the post, when we have an election in the US to worry about. The Washington Post had to be catering to the Salvadorian population here to put that article on the front page.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:27 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Amc760 you need to understand that AzBear also had a Spanish sounding surname changed to something other than Spanish.

Not to attack you AzBear but it sounds like your curiosity of race might be some kind of regret for what you are. Anyway just an observation, you are the first person I have ever spoke with that has had their DNA tested.

AZBear, when you found out you were Euro-White (via DNA) is that when you changed your surname from being Spanish?

I just read this....ok picture comes clearer.
Actually, DNA testing has been around for a while. Several years back, some university group got several thousand subjects in modern-day Lebanon, Syria, Cyprus, etc, to 'sit' for DNA tests. I seem to recall they were trying to find out exactly what had happened to the mysterious ancient Phoenicians. Turns out SOME of these people were descended from Phoenicians, while some were not. Everyone seemed to enjoy the experience (Guess the Phoenicians were pretty highly regarded).

Another case I heard was of an elderly English farmer. He was positively shown (by DNA) to be a direct descendant of the "guy up the hill"...a 9000 year old skeleton in a cave. Interesting.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:31 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Actually, DNA testing has been around for a while. Several years back, some university group got several thousand subjects in modern-day Lebanon, Syria, Cyprus, etc, to 'sit' for DNA tests. I seem to recall they were trying to find out exactly what had happened to the mysterious ancient Phoenicians. Turns out SOME of these people were descended from Phoenicians, while some were not. Everyone seemed to enjoy the experience (Guess the Phoenicians were pretty highly regarded).

Another case I heard was of an elderly English farmer. He was positively shown (by DNA) to be a direct descendant of the "guy up the hill"...a 9000 year old skeleton in a cave. Interesting.
Oh I know it has been around, but I have never spoke to someone who (admittedly) had it done.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:38 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In my case; there are some 'skeletons in the closet' that I am trying to expose for my own curiousity. i.e. my bio maternal grandfather, etc.------who he was.
Same situation , I have no idea who my maternal grandfather is either.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:40 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Same situation , I have no idea who my maternal grandfather is either.
Hope he wasn't a Minute Man......maybe DNA testing isn't for everyone.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:56 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Who goes out and gets their DNA tested??
haha, Im sorry, Bear, I'm not trying to disrespect. Its just funny to me because all the emphasis you put on the most mundane technicalities of race, it just seems so appropiate that you got your DNA tested.
I would suspect there could be genealogical reasons for testing such as trying to verify your ancestry. Also, people may have it done for medical reasons as there are some hereditary diseases that occur in specific ethnic groups like the Ashkenazi Jewish people.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:01 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Hope he wasn't a Minute Man......maybe DNA testing isn't for everyone.
Take it easy, thats my grandmother.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:02 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:

Recently, many black Americans have had their DNA tested to determine region of African ancestry. Just yesterday I saw a report of a man who was convinced he was 100% white. I didn't see the beginning of the program, but I believe through DNA testing by a black woman in search of her African heritage, it was determined that she and the "white" man are related. He invited her to visit him at his home in another state. It was quite heartwarming.

I wouldn't mind knowing the origin of my African ancestors. I also would be interested in knowing my grandmother’s lineage. She was disowned by her family when she married a black man; therefore, I know very little about her parents. All I know is she was of German descent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration