Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2008, 12:47 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times

Advertisements

Here we go again. Illegal alien advocates continue to obfuscate the issue of illegal immigration by refusing to acknowledge the difference between “Hispanic” and “illegal alien.” According to Janet Murguia, there is no difference. This sentiment is precisely what adds fuel to the fire…….as designed.

Quote:
The president of the nation's largest Hispanic rights organization says the group will serve as referee for the immigration debate and back it up with what members expect will be record Hispanic voter turnout in November.

"It is time to take back the debate," Janet Murguia, president and CEO of the National Council of La Raza, said in closing NCLR's annual convention....

In her closing speech, Ms. Murguia said they consider campaigning against illegal immigration the same as campaigning against immigrants and Hispanics in general.
Washington Times - Hispanic leaders eager to 'referee debate'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 12:54 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,675,435 times
However, I'm pretty sure you know that Murguia is wrong in her statement and that there are PLENTY of Hispanic people who are against illegal immigration. Even though you guys label me as "pro illegal," you can trash illegal immigration all you want and I will never feel hurt or offended as a Hispanic person because the issue is illegal immigration and not Hispanic rights/culture.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
However, I'm pretty sure you know that Murguia is wrong in her statement and that there are PLENTY of Hispanic people who are against illegal immigration. Even though you guys label me as "pro illegal," you can trash illegal immigration all you want and I will never feel hurt or offended as a Hispanic person because the issue is illegal immigration and not Hispanic rights/culture.
I personally know plenty of Hispanics opposed to illegal immigration. Unfortunately, this type of rhetoric perpetuates the stereotype of "illegal=Hispanic" which only creates more hostility. Janet and her minions know exactly what they’re doing; which is one reason I have no respect for her.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:13 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,413,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
I'm happy that you feel that way because far too many of the posters in this thread of Mexican descent obviously feel differently. They are under the impression that illegal aliens are not hurting those of us who are not blue collar workers (as if that justifies anything) so we should stop griping. Not only do illegal immigrants thumb their noses at our laws, depress American wages, steal American identities, destroy whole neighborhoods, drain the social services and overcrowd our schools, they kill Americans on a daily basis via drunk driving accidents, shootings, and in a myriad of other ways.

As for racist Janet and the other racist hispanic organizations they are lumping all of you together so that it appears that the numbers are greater in order to justify their existence, escalate the amount of tax dollars they receive in order to push for amnesty which will complete the destruction of America's sovereignty.

Those of you that are citizens who are against the insanity known as LaRaza and other racist groups claiming representation of you need to let your voices be heard.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:17 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,413,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I personally know plenty of Hispanics opposed to illegal immigration. Unfortunately, this type of rhetoric perpetuates the stereotype of "illegal=Hispanic" which only creates more hostility. Janet and her minions know exactly what they’re doing; which is one reason I have no respect for her.

ITA. I too know plenty of hispanics who detest the corruption known as Janet Murguia/"the race".

But then her mentor and role model is Jesse Jackson who has become quite wealthy and enriched his future generations by pimping the black community. The corporate masters need Janet to plead their case in order for things to move forward as planned.

The pot is just about ready to boil over . . . . . .

Old 07-16-2008, 01:39 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
As the rest of you stated.

That Janet Murguia is in the same catagory as any panderer--------out for herself only.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:41 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,643,191 times
That brings up an interesting point. The white population had to visually and verbally repudiate the Klan and other racist organizations to lesson their impact on society as a whole, as well as negate the impression that all white people were racists. By doing that, klan membership is going down and frankly they and skinheads are looked upon as losers, inbred, distasteful, and just plain stupid by the rest of white people (or at least all I know).
The average hispanic needs to distance themselves from fringe hate groups such as la raza if they want to avoid being lumped in with them, and giving them more power because of an assumed across the hispanic board allegiance with them.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
ITA. I too know plenty of hispanics who detest the corruption known as Janet Murguia/"the race".

But then her mentor and role model is Jesse Jackson who has become quite wealthy and enriched his future generations by pimping the black community. The corporate masters need Janet to plead their case in order for things to move forward as planned.

The pot is just about ready to boil over . . . . . .
Absolutely! Janet and Jesse are both prime examples of the current 'slave' trade profiteers. If we rid our country of illegal aliens, no doubt the pimp and pimpest will have difficulty making ends meet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration