Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 06:12 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times

Advertisements

POSTVILLE, Iowa — When federal immigration agents raided the kosher meatpacking plant here in May and rounded up 389 illegal immigrants, they found more than 20 under-age workers, some as young as 13.

Now those young immigrants have begun to tell investigators about their jobs. Some said they worked shifts of 12 hours or more, wielding razor-edged knives and saws to slice freshly killed beef. Some worked through the night, sometimes six nights a week.

One, a Guatemalan named Elmer L. who said he was 16 when he started working on the plant's killing floors, said he worked 17-hour shifts, six days a week. In an affidavit, he said he was constantly tired and did not have time to do anything but work and sleep. “I was very sad,” he said, “and I felt like I was a slave.”

Iowa meatpacking plant raid uncovers swarm of illegal immigrants, underage workers | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Headline | National News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/nation/stories/072708dnnatchildlabor.6044762.html - broken link)

This merely serves to confirm what Benicar stated earlier. The corporate masters have no desire for any of the illegals here to obtain citizenship, because then slavery would be abolished . . . . . AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 06:35 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,924,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
POSTVILLE, Iowa — When federal immigration agents raided the kosher meatpacking plant here in May and rounded up 389 illegal immigrants, they found more than 20 under-age workers, some as young as 13.

Now those young immigrants have begun to tell investigators about their jobs. Some said they worked shifts of 12 hours or more, wielding razor-edged knives and saws to slice freshly killed beef. Some worked through the night, sometimes six nights a week.

One, a Guatemalan named Elmer L. who said he was 16 when he started working on the plant's killing floors, said he worked 17-hour shifts, six days a week. In an affidavit, he said he was constantly tired and did not have time to do anything but work and sleep. “I was very sad,” he said, “and I felt like I was a slave.”

Iowa meatpacking plant raid uncovers swarm of illegal immigrants, underage workers | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Headline | National News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/nation/stories/072708dnnatchildlabor.6044762.html - broken link)

This merely serves to confirm what Benicar stated earlier. The corporate masters have no desire for any of the illegals here to obtain citizenship, because then slavery would be abolished . . . . . AGAIN.
Are we supposed to feel sorry for these illegal immigrants? I don't because they broke our laws and they know what they did was wrong. I would like to see the coporation closed down and the owner and such jailed though but also deport the damn illegals.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:54 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Well elmer could have simply quit and went back to his native land.
May they all be deported and the owners of the meat packing plant be fined then jailed. May the landlords who rented to all these people receive the same treatment as the employers. Any legal floor supervisors should also be fined and jailed.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,952 times
Default Illegal is illegal

Who should be fined? Agriprocessor owners, those who rent to illegals and the illegals themselves. After fining the illegals, deport them with empty pockets. Make an example out of them.

And about the complaints about bad working conditions: It's like a burglar entering someone's home without permission and complaining the home owner made it difficult, or even dangerous to steal his property. Only bleeding-heart liberals would say that that is discrimination.

It boils down to this: illegal is illegal. If one wants to break the law and gamble on not getting cought, he should not gamble. He/she should stay safely in their own country.
Mark

Old 07-26-2008, 08:39 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Are we supposed to feel sorry for these illegal immigrants? I don't because they broke our laws and they know what they did was wrong. I would like to see the coporation closed down and the owner and such jailed though but also deport the damn illegals.
I think we can feel sorry for them, just like we could have felt sorry for slaves -- but bringing illegals into this country to make a quick easy profit is just like slavery. It's got to stop.

All employers of illegals should be shut down and have their illegally-gained profits confiscated and their illegals should be returned home.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:22 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,924,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downpeta View Post
Who should be fined? Agriprocessor owners, those who rent to illegals and the illegals themselves. After fining the illegals, deport them with empty pockets. Make an example out of them.

And about the complaints about bad working conditions: It's like a burglar entering someone's home without permission and complaining the home owner made it difficult, or even dangerous to steal his property. Only bleeding-heart liberals would say that that is discrimination.

It boils down to this: illegal is illegal. If one wants to break the law and gamble on not getting cought, he should not gamble. He/she should stay safely in their own country.
Mark
Next time you send me a direct message at least read what I have posted and don't you dare try to tell me what slavery is or isn't since I posted nothing about slavery. I really wish the posters in here would read what they reply to and not show themselves to be so ignorant.

I agree about the illegals but we should also take action against any and all companies who hire the illegals.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:28 AM

Quote:
ITA.

I will never be an IA sympathizer, as far as I am concerned they are reaping what they have sown. Finally, so are many of the corporations and lawless government officials who have been duplicitous in creating this mess.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well elmer could have simply quit and went back to his native land.
May they all be deported and the owners of the meat packing plant be fined then jailed. May the landlords who rented to all these people receive the same treatment as the employers. Any legal floor supervisors should also be fined and jailed.
Agreed. Jailing and heavily fining those who employ IA's along with abolition of the 14th, free education and social services would result in the mass exodus of the majority of them.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:47 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,286 times
Quote:
Yes in a way I think we should because of the level our employers have stooped to........again. Sigh,,,,,,,,boy is this gonna get me flamed, regardless of what we may think of the illegals being here, I don't think we should loose our personally humanity about how they are being abused at the work place............Get them out, hell yes, lock up the employers and ceos..........no, throw them out of the country also.............but loose our humanity in the process............no for that is a slippery slop, as the germans found in the thiritys.........I still have my immortal soul to worry about and enough original sin to answer for........

Believe me, if the federal laws weren't in place that we have grown accustomed to.........they would be doing the same to us as was done to our great grand parents...............and this I really believe.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:15 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
This type of exploitation is rampant; and so-called “advocates” of illegal immigration are well aware of its prevalence. This is precisely my premise for classifying La Raza, et al. as slave traders. The supporters of illegal immigration are equally complicit. This may not be “slavery” but it’s the next best thing. Businesses haven't had it this good since pre-1865 when labor was free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration