Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 03:54 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times

Advertisements

Border agents who shot smuggler denied appeal

EL PASO, Texas (AP) -- Two former Border Patrol agents convicted of shooting a drug smuggler and trying to cover it up have been denied a request for a new hearing.

The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans denied the request by Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean on Wednesday. The same court upheld the men's convictions in July.

No reason was given for the Wednesday's denial.

Ramos and Compean are each serving sentences of more than 10 years for shooting Osvaldo Aldrete Davila in the buttocks while he was fleeing from an abandoned marijuana load in 2005.

Aldrete was sentenced to 9 1/2 years in prison for his role in two seperate smuggling efforts later that same year.

http://tinyurl.com/43tr9p

Un freakin' believable. This is an outrage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 03:57 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
dirty border cops trying to cover something up? i think the law dealt with them the way it had to.

the law dealt with the smuggler the way it had to.

no problem here.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:01 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
dirty border cops trying to cover something up? i think the law dealt with them the way it had to.

the law dealt with the smuggler the way it had to.

no problem here.
Another well informed response. Looks like someone really did their homework here! I have gleaned so much from this.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Another well informed response. Looks like someone really did their homework here! I have gleaned so much from this.
Consider the source. I'm sure you didn't expect anything of substance did you? Some people are like farts in the wind, you can't see them and thus it's better to pretend you can't smell them.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
theyre job is too aprehend people. if it is impossible then its impossible. to what extent can use of force be used on some one who poses no threat to you.

is it ok that they shot someone as they ran away?

i dont condone the behaviour of the smuggler. but what threat did he pose?

whenever a peace officer discharges their gun, it must be reported. when they pull their batton it must be reported (which is incidentally why its common practice to use fists and elbows. you dont have to include that in a report).

these guys should have covered there buttocks.

they didnt. they shot some thug. the thug lived to tell. and now they are suffering the consequnces.

the law figured out what to do. you guys just dont agree with it.

no problem here.

considering the main source of articles...I didnt expect anything of substance either.

Some people are like coons in the night, you can't see them and thus it's better to pretend you can't hear them rattling the garbage cans.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:33 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:

Some people are like coons in the night, you can't see them and thus it's better to pretend you can't hear them rattling the garbage cans.
Interesting choice of words, especially considering you phrased that comment to mirror one that was made by anther poster who has countless times indicated her race as black.

I think I've had enough of this. I hope the mods do something about this blatant racial attack.

Here is a link to educate you in case you "didn't know" and it was an "honest mistake"

http://www.ferris.edu/jimcrow/coon/

Old 09-11-2008, 04:36 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Were you raised in this country? Unless you are very young, you should know better.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Interesting choice of words, especially considering you phrased that comment to mirror one that was made by anther poster who has countless times indicated her race as black.

I think I've had enough of this. I hope the mods do something about this blatant racial attack.
ok possums?

i dont follow what posters are here. the only one that i know for sure is benicar because SHE has communicated that to me. for all i know JDM could be white. or you could be white. or black. or whatever. i aint checking for her. i dont hang on every word she says. i try to ignore her in fact.

but if it makes everyone feel better i will change it to possums.

i got plenty of those around here.

and i apologize in advance if i have offended anyone who has been compared to a possum. or has possum relatives.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:38 PM

Some people are like possums in the night, you can't see them and thus it's better to pretend you can't hear them rattling the garbage cans.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
ok possums?

i dont follow what posters are here. the only one that i know for sure is benicar because SHE has communicated that to me. for all i know JDM could be white. or you could be white. or black. or whatever. i aint checking for her. i dont hang on every word she says. i try to ignore her in fact.

but if it makes everyone feel better i will change it to possums.

i got plenty of those around here.

and i apologize in advance if i have offended anyone who has been compared to a possum. or has possum relatives.

Sure you didn't know I'm black. You who sees everything I post through a race-based magnifying glass. I've only stated it about 10 times. Just ask your buddy AMC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration