Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:34 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,413,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I have two feelings from reading that article.

The first is....I do feel for the guy. He was brought here as a child, and in a very real sense he is a man without a country. And that sucks. But ultimately the onus goes to his parents for knowingly breaking the law, and knowingly dragging their kid into it.

My second reaction was to this line;

"Detention is one of the key elements of enforcement. But detention, unfortunately, deprives some immigrants of their rights and it [detention] has an effect on a person's morality."

Illegal immigrants do not have rights. I think this in a nutshell is what this battle boils down to. Pro illegal immigration supporters somehow have it confused that once a person steps on US soil they are automatically confered all the rights of US citizenship. The fact is no -- living here does not make a person a citizen, and as non citizens they do not have the right to live where they please. They do not have the right to live here at all. Only when this seemingly very basic error is cleared up will pro illegals understand the fallacy of their position.
Agreed. Great post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 10:48 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
If these people were self supporting and not leeching American tax payers most of this wouldn't be an issue. We are now in a recession and all of this is GLARING.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If these people were self supporting and not leeching American tax payers most of this wouldn't be an issue. We are now in a recession and all of this is GLARING.
That and the arrogant sense of entitlement. It's as if we owe them our lives simply because they give birth on American soil and/or were able to cross our borders undetected. My disgust with the breeders is in competition with the drug cartel.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:33 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,752,210 times
They should continue marching south.....

Old 09-26-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
They should continue marching south.....
. . . .and wait until they cross the border into Mexico before bitching, moaning and complaing about everything and waiving that ugly rag.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:18 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,343,723 times
what really makes me sick is the anchor babies who march... if ILLEGAL MOMMY
would have been caught and sent back, before she had the chance to spit out
(free b's here we come) anchor baby!

They think just because illegal mommy didn't get caught... and she was able
to slither across the border to add another welfare case into our system, that
it makes them an American... bull $$$$ !!!!

Then of course, after sneaking over illegally... pop out a few anchors, illegal
mommy got amnesty!

The pro-illegals just don't get it... being for legal immigration is not the same as being
for illegal immigration... not even close to being the same!

It's like HANDS... you may have a left & a right hand... and they may both be
called a hand.. but each is totally seperate and different, JUST LIKE IMMIGRATION.
legal VS illegal.. both have the word immigration, but what the pro's never seem to
get is the differences between the (key-word) part... LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigration.
But as you all know.. trying to explain this to a bleeding heart pro is useless!

Every pro on here says they are for legal immigration.. but do not codone illegal immigration,, but if that's true... why do they ALL get on here and complain about, and to, the anti illegals who post articals and such about illegals?????? No one on here who is anti illegal comes on here and complains about legal immigrants! What it all boils down to is this.. the pro's on here care for, approve, and want all illegals to be able to roam OUR country freely! Most who are pro on here are either from south of the border (maybe now legal) or anchor babies themselves, or free U.S. citizen by way of amnesty! Most pro's could care less how we anti illegals feel about illegals roaming free in OUR country to go where they want, and to do whatever they want... as long as the pro's get the opportunity to get the rest of thier illegal relatives here... they don't care what and how it impacts us All!

Last edited by Arizona Bound; 09-26-2008 at 11:38 AM..

Old 09-26-2008, 01:02 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Each day that our financial crisis worsens, the less patient and more angry Americans are becoming. Illegal aliens will get a taste of what the civil rights movement they are trying to hijack was really like.

If anyone thought the riots of the 60's were bad, they ain't seen nothing yet.
When that day comes to a pass, and maybe you can standup for all
of your opinions on the forum. How about you wear a headband that
says what you say about them here.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:12 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
When that day comes to a pass, and maybe you can standup for all
of your opinions on the forum. How about you wear a headband that
says what you say about them here.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:14 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Does a 'Stop the Illegal Invasion' bumper sticker count? Cause I have one and get the thumbs up and honks all the time. And since the Illegals can't read it I don't worry.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:00 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,343,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Does a 'Stop the Illegal Invasion' bumper sticker count? Cause I have one and get the thumbs up and honks all the time. And since the Illegals can't read it I don't worry.
I WANT ONE!

Where did you get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration