Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 04:20 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,558,654 times

Advertisements

If they have been providing 'free' birth control and family planning services to illegal aliens, it has been a colossal failure.

Quote:
California’s congressional delegation is asking the federal government to reverse its new policy created to deny illegal immigrants free, taxpayer-financed birth control and family planning services long offered in the state.

For nearly a decade California has spent hundreds of millions of dollars a year to provide poor residents with free birth control and other family planning services at clinics throughout the state. Nearly 2 million people benefit annually from the mostly federally funded Family Planning Access Care and Treatment Program (Family PACT), many of them illegal immigrants.

Family PACT also provides prenatal care for uninsured pregnant women and education on sexually transmitted diseases for men, women and even teens. Participants also receive guidance and counseling on choosing a method of birth control as well as emergency contraceptive pills. U.S. taxpayers have been picking up the bill since 1999 and state lawmakers want the free ride to continue.
Calif. Insists U.S. Keep Paying For Illegal Immigrant Services | Judicial Watch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 04:23 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,827,673 times
but they want a bailout out too? laughable

Old 10-06-2008, 04:45 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,553,886 times
In California's DEFENSE, though, over the years there have been attempts by the state to take measures against illegal immigrants entering over the international border....whether by allowing local law enforcement to act in curtailing their actual entry (sort of like 'official' Minutemen)....or attempts by various agencies within the state (Cities, counties, similar 'bodies') to "bill" the Feds, for the huge social costs of the illegal population, on the premise that its the Feds who've "allowed" this to happen.

Each time, the answer was the same.."No, you CANNOT interfere with immigration, nor can you 'enforce' the border, because this is a FEDERAL matter. But on the other hand, no, we will NOT be reimbursing you for your expenses, either. Once these folks arrive in your state, as far as WE'RE concerned (the Feds, that is) they're 'Californians' We'll be expecting your contribution to Washington, to be PAID IN FULL, at tax time"....

Not commenting on the sincerity of any party concerned, nor their hypocrisy either....just wanted to to remind everyone that there's plenty of blame to go around.....and plenty of 'spineless', buck-passing officials at ALL levels of government.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
In California's DEFENSE, though, over the years there have been attempts by the state to take measures against illegal immigrants entering over the international border....whether by allowing local law enforcement to act in curtailing their actual entry (sort of like 'official' Minutemen)....or attempts by various agencies within the state (Cities, counties, similar 'bodies') to "bill" the Feds, for the huge social costs of the illegal population, on the premise that its the Feds who've "allowed" this to happen.

Each time, the answer was the same.."No, you CANNOT interfere with immigration, nor can you 'enforce' the border, because this is a FEDERAL matter. But on the other hand, no, we will NOT be reimbursing you for your expenses, either. Once these folks arrive in your state, as far as WE'RE concerned (the Feds, that is) they're 'Californians' We'll be expecting your contribution to Washington, to be PAID IN FULL, at tax time"....

Not commenting on the sincerity of any party concerned, nor their hypocrisy either....just wanted to to remind everyone that there's plenty of blame to go around.....and plenty of 'spineless', buck-passing officials at ALL levels of government.
Is there any question 'why' we have a problem, with this absolute insanity coming from our government officials? Thanks for the info.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:05 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,553,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Is there any question 'why' we have a problem, with this absolute insanity coming from our government officials? Thanks for the info.
I'd like to agree with your description of "absolute insanity", but I'd feel like I was being disrespectful to the GENUINELY mentally ill.....

Old 10-06-2008, 05:07 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You mean they actually use birth control? I find that a little more than hard to believe and cannot begin to imagine how many gazillions more anchor babies we'd have if they do.

Lord help us . . wow . . just wow

Old 10-06-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I'd like to agree with your description of "absolute insanity", but I'd feel like I was being disrespectful to the GENUINELY mentally ill.....
How true! I offer my sincere apologies to all of the "genuinely" mentally ill. At least THEY have an excuse.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
You mean they actually use birth control? I find that a little more than hard to believe and cannot begin to imagine how many gazillions more anchor babies we'd have if they do.

Lord help us . . wow . . just wow
Incredible, isn't it?

Old 10-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Ohs

236 posts, read 712,590 times
Well most of them actually use the free prenatal care, and WIC food after they have their millions of babies. I think they need to keep the program for citizens and should also tighten up all the other freebees like free education and free lunches. I think a real check on social security numbers needs to be done to insure tax paying citizens are receiving the benefits instead. Perhaps if CA stopped giving hand outs we wouldn’t have as many takers.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:34 PM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times
They allow family members to eat too? I can sit with my kid or even buy a lunch but I didn't know that pilfering was allowed. Stuff like this, if true, is what really makes me angry because I AM PAYING FOR IT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration