Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 05:04 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,413,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Exactly-we know that 5 million is a low number. Do you know what is amazing? We went through the mortgage process last July and we both had our social security numbers confirmed and we have excellent credit. Yet this article claims banks were forced to give mortgages without confirming ss numbers? I guess ss numbers only need to be confimed when it is a US citizen Yet we are constantly told there aren't two sets of rules-one set for honest US citizens and one set for ILLEGAL aliens.
I have had perfect credit for more than 2 decades. Never been late paying anything in my entire life. I have purchased 4 homes. Each time, I have gone through the process I have had to give them everything but the right to any descendants of future generations. So I can truly relate to what you are saying and the insanity that accompanies the process. They knew exactly who they were targeting and simply did not care what the end results would be.

Illinois Lisa Madigan (Illinois states attorney, who is currently running for governor) has sued BOA, Wells Fargo, Countrywide and a slew of other banks and mortgage companies for fraudulent practices. She's actually won a few. That being said, as much as I applaud her victories for the little people, many of said little people are illegal alien homeowners in the illegal alien sanctuary known as Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
More unemployed Americans, devalued, and foreclosed homes. I wonder how many illegals live in Flint, and how many are still employed.
There are millions of illegal aliens from the middle east living in Michigan.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:08 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Exactly-we know that 5 million is a low number. Do you know what is amazing? We went through the mortgage process last July and we both had our social security numbers confirmed and we have excellent credit. Yet this article claims banks were forced to give mortgages without confirming ss numbers? I guess ss numbers only need to be confimed when it is a US citizen Yet we are constantly told there aren't two sets of rules-one set for honest US citizens and one set for ILLEGAL aliens.

There are two sets of rules, one for the poor, one for everyone else. I've been noticing that for a while. The ones that really notice it are the working poor that don't benefit from the freebies.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
There are two sets of rules, one for the poor, one for everyone else. I've been noticing that for a while. The ones that really notice it are the working poor that don't benefit from the freebies.
That saddens me. Afterall, that is who our social services should benefit. It angers me that my tax dollars are providing for anchor babies and illegal alien leeches.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:17 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
It is way off. I suspect, from looking at census figures and Pew figures - that we have more like 20 Million illegals here.
That I doubt in all fairness: I suspect it is more like 7-12 million (tops) illegals here in the USA. Now: factoring in the US born Anchor Babies (technically citizens)............we may indeed have ca. 20 million folks of questionable legality.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
That saddens me. Afterall, that is who our social services should benefit. It angers me that my tax dollars are providing for anchor babies and illegal alien leeches.

Yes, it pretty much pisses me off too. Especially when I see someone in the WIC line after they've gotten out of a new SUV with 22 inch rims, can't speak English and have a batch of kids. It does appear that it has become an entitlement.

My bleeding heart Sister used to work in a WIC office and I always get to hear the stories EVERY time we have a get together. I think she does it just to **** me off

Old 10-08-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Yes, it pretty much pisses me off too. Especially when I see someone in the WIC line after they've gotten out of a new SUV with 22 inch rims, can't speak English and have a batch of kids. It does appear that it has become an entitlement.

My bleeding heart Sister used to work in a WIC office and I always get to hear the stories EVERY time we have a get together. I think she does it just to **** me off
Probably. Some people enjoy tormenting others, especially siblings. I have a brother just like your sister. But I can't help but love him to death, I'm sure you feel the same way about your tormenting sister.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:03 PM

Yes I do, so much I just called her to get our evac plan together since it is wild fire time and Camp Pendleton has one going. Fires SUCK

Old 10-08-2008, 09:30 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,436,175 times
Quote:
Yes I do, so much I just called her to get our evac plan together since it is wild fire time and Camp Pendleton has one going. Fires SUCK
I lived there through many of the mountain wildfires, Esperanza, Cristline, Waterman, Big Bear ect. I lived right at the foothills.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:21 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,172,928 times
If I'm not mistaken it is a federal crime to lie on a mortgage application!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration