Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 12:42 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
so how they hell do you tell if an area has a bunch of illegals?

do they wear a yellow star or something?
lol!

At first whenever they'd get that thrown at them, they'd ignore it.

Now the reply is "Well, most illegals are Hispanic, so it only makes sense to assume most Hispanics are illegal!"

But how can you tell which are illegal and which are citizens/legal?

"Well..if theres a lot of them in one place, Hispanics I mean, you just got to assume. I mean, consider the chances are very high most of them are illegal. Better to be safe than sorry!"

That, or they'll throw the 'race-baiting' card at you, when theyre clearly racial profiling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 12:46 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
lol!

At first whenever they'd get that thrown at them, they'd ignore it.

Now the reply is "Well, most illegals are Hispanic, so it only makes sense to assume most Hispanics are illegal!"

But how can you tell which are illegal and which are citizens/legal?

"Well..if theres a lot of them in one place, Hispanics I mean, you just got to assume. I mean, consider the chances are very high most of them are illegal. Better to be safe than sorry!"

That, or they'll throw the 'race-baiting' card at you, when theyre clearly racial profiling.

for reals. they throw race around so loosely. and always the race card.

i dont think they know how to anwser that.

remeber that thread about the dog being dragged by a truck driven by an illegal?

how did they know they were illegal?

they dont. they just assume. ohhh the hilarity!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 12:47 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times
Quote:
for reals. they throw race around so loosely. and always the race card.

i dont think they know how to anwser that.

remeber that thread about the dog being dragged by a truck driven by an illegal?

how did they know they were illegal?

they dont. they just assume. ohhh the hilarity!!!
Dont forget that Hispanic and Mexican are not races..so its impossible to be racist against those who are not of a race.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:44 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,341,713 times
Quote:

You still can't tell the difference between an illegal and an American... WOW!

Old 10-10-2008, 04:48 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
See? I told you a discussion is impossible with you on immigration, because you are the MOD and no one is allowed to have a civil discussion with you on that subject on the Oklahoma forum.

The truth is, I initiated the deportation of an illegal alien TODAY at work. That is a part of my job and I take it seriously. It's nothing personal. It's the law of the land, and my job is to contact ICE and initiate proceedings. I told the guy what I was doing and why and he accepted it. And I agree just being an illegal is problematic for all the reasons you cited.

Wait, I have written Synopse a million times and now it's a problem? Whatever. Have a good one, SYNOPSIS.
Please explain why it is impossible to have a discussion with me on immigration? Did I give you an infraction for voicing your opinion or use my moderator position to my advantage? No I did not.

I DID move the thread to the immigration forum because I am following the terms of service, which is my responsibility.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:52 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Synopsis if it means anything at all to you, I think you do a wonderful job moderating this very difficult and often controversial forum. Keep up the good work!

Old 10-10-2008, 05:00 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,341,713 times
Yes, great job..

I can just imagine what the pro's would really say about us Americans if you wern't here watching out.. Thank-You!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:01 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Why do you say I don't have a problem with people breaking laws? Actually, you have NO idea how I feel about people breaking laws.

I simply used sarcasm to point out that whenever you specifically target one race of people as "problematic" it becomes racial.

I never said I was for Illegals. Nice try, there. It's an old Tejano tactic. YOU simply made an assumption, didn't you. That's cool, take your best shot.

What tribe of Indian/Spanish are you? Aren't most mexicans from Indian/Spanish descent?

Synopse, I am not trying to turn this into a race issue. But if someone asks about illegals and most illegals are hispanic than, it IS in part a race issue.

But hey, you are the Moderator and we all know how you reacted the last time there was a "discussion" on illegals on the Oklahoma forum.
There is no such thing as a 'Hispanic' race------------they run the gamut from Black to Nordic White. It is a political label only.

In fact: if a Mestizo Mexican visited Spain-----------he likely would be ostracized at best and possibly be assaulted due to his skin color. Yet to you or me: both the White supremacist Spaniard and the 'brown' Mexican would both be Hispanic under US government guidelines.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:07 AM

Quote:

More like yellow bellied cowards because they dare not stand up for their rights back in Mexico/Central America due to the White supremacy of Hispanic culture. And I did say the above two areas due to 85% of all illegal immigrants originating from there.

Throw those lawbreakers out and seize their ill gotten assets as well.

Our American Blacks; OTOH, finally 'grew a pair' during the Civil Rights Movement and in just over 50 years went from a maligned minority to having a better than 50/50 shot of a 'Black' man winning the 2008 Presidential Election. Admittedly; Obama's father was from Kenya and his mother was a White woman but back during Jim Crow-----------Barack would still have to have had sat in the 'Colored' sections.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Please explain why it is impossible to have a discussion with me on immigration? Did I give you an infraction for voicing your opinion or use my moderator position to my advantage? No I did not.

I DID move the thread to the immigration forum because I am following the terms of service, which is my responsibility.
Stick to your guns: you are cool under fire
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration