Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 12:19 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,751,609 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine sent this to me today. Most of you are going to like it, a couple of you obviously will not.

YouTube - There's A War On The Middle Class

Note to Mods: Watch the video and you'll understand the "immigration" connection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 12:36 PM

35 posts, read 84,293 times
Default Interesting

That's certainly thought provoking, I expect this to be a hot topic pretty quick!

Old 10-12-2008, 12:38 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,412,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
A friend of mine sent this to me today. Most of you are going to like it, a couple of you obviously will not.

YouTube - There's A War On The Middle Class

Note to Mods: Watch the video and you'll understand the "immigration" connection.

Seeing Bush I and Clinton together reminded me of the signing of NAFTA coutesy of Clinton signaled that this invasion was in full swing. Many democrats would like to believe that Bush, Jr.'s watch signaled the beginning of our globalized state of economic misery, when the truth of the matter is that both parties have been duplicitous in all of this.

Thanks Kele, great video!

Old 10-12-2008, 01:40 PM

Open borders and cheap labor are simply another move toward the extermination of the middle class. I fully expect that in my lifetime, the U.S. will dissolve into a country of haves and have nots with absolutely nothing in between.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:57 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,559,850 times
Quote:
Open borders and cheap labor are simply another move toward the extermination of the middle class. I fully expect that in my lifetime, the U.S. will dissolve into a country of haves and have nots with absolutely nothing in between.
....pretty much a definition of what the "Third World" is all about....right? We'll still 'be here'....we just won't be special anymore. In short, we'll no longer be "us"....

I happen to think you're right...barring some massive, as-yet unimaginable 'turnaround'. A lot of us right here on this forum simply don't "get" this. America, as they see it, is something like a 3000-mile wide 'festival'...just show up, come as you are, be 'yourself', get your share of the 'goodies', and that's all that's required. Just 'want to be here', and you're OK. It's ALL HERE for the 'taking', and don't let ANYONE tell you otherwise !!

It's a little bit like Disneyland, except that here, you can 'sneak' in, if you want ...(just TRY sneaking into the REAL Disneyland !!).

Needless to say, this is NOT a realistic way to run a "First World" nation.....which is why our "First World" status probably has a very limited future.

Last edited by macmeal; 10-12-2008 at 02:19 PM..

Old 10-12-2008, 02:55 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,434,531 times
Great Video Kele; I sgned up with "Immigration Watchdog" several years ago. ...."We clean your toilets!!" I sent Villargirosa 50 toilet brushes through "John and Ken"

The other America

America's Struggling Middle Class

YouTube - America's Struggling Middle Class

Old 10-12-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Great Video Kele; I sgned up with "Immigration Watchdog" several years ago. ...."We clean your toilets!!" I sent Villargirosa 50 toilet brushes through "John and Ken"

The other America

America's Struggling Middle Class

YouTube - America's Struggling Middle Class
You and I may know each other....can you pick me out of the video?

Old 10-12-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
You and I may know each other....can you pick me out of the video?
I'm not sure.
Your attack at the Maywood protest wasn't kept out of the Lime Light.
It was on KFI and several other Talk Radio stations. What I remember the most is...this is vague, but if I'm not mistaken, I think saw you being interviewed by the media. I can;t remember if it was on a sidewalk or where. But I do remember watching a woman being interviewed about it.
I was with the MinuteMen at that time.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 10-12-2008 at 03:53 PM..

Old 10-12-2008, 03:57 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times
Immigration has been a fringe issue for quite some time. Luckily, people are beginning to piece the puzzle together -- in short what illegal immigration did to the blue collar workers, outsourcing will do to the white collar workers.

I'm afraid macmeal is right --- we are becoming less the land of the free and more of a feudal state. I fear that my children will not meet, much less exceed, the standard of living of their childhood. And that is treasoness on behalf of the politicians. I wish someone would ask obama and mccain how this is a beneficial tradeoff for US citizens in the face of their hispandering zeal.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Immigration has been a fringe issue for quite some time. Luckily, people are beginning to piece the puzzle together -- in short what illegal immigration did to the blue collar workers, outsourcing will do to the white collar workers.

I'm afraid macmeal is right --- we are becoming less the land of the free and more of a feudal state. I fear that my children will not meet, much less exceed, the standard of living of their childhood. And that is treasoness on behalf of the politicians.
Quote:
I wish someone would ask obama and mccain how this is a beneficial tradeoff for US citizens in the face of their hispandering zeal.
They both would use the same damn cliche' as the illegals do. And just to avoid offending them...not us....them.

"They do work American Citizens won't do"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration