Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 08:39 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Business -- 'We're not making it'

Copied/pasted from an older post here on City Data
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 01:30 AM

956 posts, read 3,003,295 times
I think that a lot of people have been browbeat by direct and indirect pressure from various activists and activist groups to the point where they believe criticism of illegal aliens is "hateful" and "racist", so Joe Sixpack just reverts to watching his sports games and drinking beer, because he knows what the next logical step in fighting for our civilization is, but thanks to years of brainwashing, he doesn't want to acknowledge the truth of the matter, because we're so far gone it's going to take a remarkable effort to fix what's wrong.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:50 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,287,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
True, but this is an internet forum, one of thousands of internet forums and a large percentage of internet users never come to sites such as these. Main stream media coverage is what I am talking about. This issue ranks right up there with the economy and the war yet it recieves very little media attention. So why is it not being covered by ABC, NBC, CNN, etc. These are the news outlets that reach most people and influence public action and opinion. Like many issues which the government does not want to deal with, it has been swept under the rug.

As far as the economy goes, I am not blaming illegals for our current economic situation. I am simply pointing out that if we deported even a 1/4 of the current illegal population, Americans would be able to go back to work.
I meant post links to articles.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:48 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
I think that a lot of people have been browbeat by direct and indirect pressure from various activists and activist groups to the point where they believe criticism of illegal aliens is "hateful" and "racist", so Joe Sixpack just reverts to watching his sports games and drinking beer, because he knows what the next logical step in fighting for our civilization is, but thanks to years of brainwashing, he doesn't want to acknowledge the truth of the matter, because we're so far gone it's going to take a remarkable effort to fix what's wrong.
In my case: using the 'race card' has effectively backfired when it comes to illegal aliens.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:57 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Yeah I love when I get hit with the race card and being anti immigration . Even though I am married to a legal immigrant who is asian.
Its the defence of the weak. When they have no rebuttal they pull the race card.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:25 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Yeah I love when I get hit with the race card and being anti immigration . Even though I am married to a legal immigrant who is asian.
Its the defence of the weak. When they have no rebuttal they pull the race card.
You are certainly right about that. Race is an easy card to play when the conversation is not going your way. But race really isn't the issue at all when dealing with our current illegal alien woes.

It is not the public's fault that the majority of our illegals happen to be Mexican and South/Central American. It would be different if we had major illegal problems with many various ethnic groups throughout the world, but we do not. We are separated on our East and our West side by massive oceans, and the only countries we are landlocked with are Canada and Mexico. Thus the tendency for our illegals to be of Latin origin. If we were say locked in the middle of Asia, I am sure we'd be just as tenacious about removing illegal Chinese or Russians.

This is absolutely not a race issue. It is an issue purely because these people have broken and continue to break our laws which our forefathers fought and died to protect. By all means, immigrate to the United States. But do it the right way. Don't come into the country a criminal, come as a productive new member of our wonderfully diverse society.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:44 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,570,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
You know, I can't help but wonder why, with our supposedly free media there has been a sudden near complete stop on stories about illegals and illegal immigration. It is obvious that it is still a hot topic among most Americans and the general opinion is we want the illegals to go home. But it is becoming increasingly apparent that our government, whom we elect to do what "We, the people" want have no intention of doing anything about this crisis. And it is also apparent that the powers that be have asked for or ordered a media block on immigration stories unless they bear a sympathetic angle on the issue.

Am I the only one who sees that our government officials are actually guilty of a crime here. To allow this invasion of foreign illegal aliens to continue and do nothing about it is treason. They are not doing their jobs and should be removed from office. I am sure many will disagree with this but I can not help but speak what is right and true. And the truth is no matter how well meaning or good some of these people are, they are still criminals and should be treated as such. To allow this invasion to continue and simultaneously push the American people to accept the invaders is unacceptable and could be viewed as an act of economic war on the American people by our own government.

How many Americans as of today are living without a job? And how many would be unemployed if we sent these illegals back home? These are the questions we should be asking ourselves. There would be a surplus of jobs available if we simply send these illegal workers home. By all means, supplement the farming industry with legal foreign workers. I know there is a need for help in certain fields. But all of these workers should have some kind of legal status. Worker visas or pending citizenship should be an absolute requirement to live in the US.

So, what do you all think?
I couldn’t agree more. There has been a concerted effort by the corporate elite who own our government, and special interest groups who represent the illegal alien population, to relegate illegal immigration to the bottom of the ‘issues’ barrel. It’s not rocket science that the presence of 20+ million illegal aliens in our country, of which the vast majority are employed in some capacity, must have a negative impact on our job market during a period of massive layoffs. I heard a report this morning that an unprecedented number of teenagers and recent college grads are unable to find jobs. Now, AT&T has announced they are cutting 12,000 jobs due to the economy. There should not be one legal citizen unemployed while millions of illegal aliens are not only employed, but are sending billions of dollars in remittances to their countries of origin.

It’s unconscionable for our government to ignore this insidious invasion, and to allow legal citizens of this country to take a backseat to people who have no right to even be here. Between the employment of illegal aliens, outsourcing to India and China, and insourcing through H1B Visas, our middle-class is essentially being eliminated. I can’t help but wonder what plans our government may have for the millions of displaced legal citizens of this country. It’s time for the citizens of this country to DEMAND our country back before it’s too late.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:02 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I wish someone would try to hit me with the race card when i talk about illegals. I'm black and of native american desent and have parents who grew up in the Jim Crow South who know all about racism. It would be interesting to hear their justification.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:09 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,287,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I wish someone would try to hit me with the race card when i talk about illegals. I'm black and of native american desent and have parents who grew up in the Jim Crow South who know all about racism. It would be interesting to hear their justification.
Because Black people can't be racist? Come on man, you can't be serious.
There are plenty of racist Black people out there, just like there are racist Whites, Latinos, Asians, you name it.

Racism can happen to anybody, not just Blacks.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:12 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
As our economy slips further into recession there are no jobs to stay for. They are going back home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration