Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 04:27 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,628,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Thank you. I find it funny that people think that people who want English spoken in the country are misguided. It seems that the kool-aid has gotten into their bloodstream.
I think you misread his post.

Anyways, let me break it down. Most likely the person Decker talked to was at a call center in India...So Decker was misguided in his complaint because the call center person isn't even in this country...Decker should be PO'd at his bank/credit company for outsourcing an American job to India...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 04:31 PM

5,402 posts, read 12,692,191 times
exactly!!! at least some one has the brains to figure it out.

these guys make me laugh man!
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
I think you misread his post.

Anyways, let me break it down. Most likely the person Decker talked to was at a call center in India...So Decker was misguided in his complaint because the call center person isn't even in this country...Decker should be PO'd at his bank/credit company for outsourcing an American job to India...

Old 12-04-2008, 05:53 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,226,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Thank you. I find it funny that people think that people who want English spoken in the country are misguided. It seems that the kool-aid has gotten into their bloodstream.
Be careful there: the pro illegal alien apologists may think you are a Mestizo Hispanic hating White supremacist

Old 12-04-2008, 07:20 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,274,572 times
The man is from a town about 40 miles from me. The man has no class and that is obvious. Most of us would be concerned about 8 year old kids reading that message. I too get annoyed when I can't understand the operator. Hell I get annoyed when I get a 42 part recording. Press 1 for english, press 2 for spanish etc. How about my time is valuable and I want a live operator.
The man has no class and no doubt spends more time in the bar than at home with his family.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:23 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,292,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The man is from a town about 40 miles from me. The man has no class and that is obvious. Most of us would be concerned about 8 year old kids reading that message. I too get annoyed when I can't understand the operator. Hell I get annoyed when I get a 42 part recording. Press 1 for english, press 2 for spanish etc. How about my time is valuable and I want a live operator.
The man has no class and no doubt spends more time in the bar than at home with his family.
Exactly. I don't think message is nearly as offending as the insistence he use that word, when it clearly is offending parents with children seeing it.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:28 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,274,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Exactly. I don't think message is nearly as offending as the insistence he use that word, when it clearly is offending parents with children seeing it.
Exactly ... He could have communicated the same message more effectively.
Try this one.
If you can't speak english just leave.
If you refuse to learn english please leave.
I don't feel anyone should be forced to leave because of a language barrier but damn he could at least tried to show some class.
Why make it vulgar? As my grandfather used to say. Its a small man that needs to swear to get his point accross.
Once again wise beyond measure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration