Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2008, 07:17 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times

Advertisements

Solid statistics don't exist, but interviews suggest cases like this are relatively rare. The number of children of immigrants enrolled in Memphis City Schools is up this semester, and there was no sign of a decrease before the holidays, said Andrew Duck, supervisor of the system's English as a Second Language program.

There has been no increase in applications for permits to transport household goods into Mexico, a step many people returning home would make, said Andres Chao, who runs the Mexican consulate in Little Rock and whose district covers Memphis.

He said Mexico's economy is not strong, and that it is much more likely that immigrants who have lost jobs would move to other places within the United States.

www.commercialappeal.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 07:40 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times
CA is up 500,000 from last year yet the deficit is soaring for the State. Less tax base yet more pillaging of social services than ever before.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:47 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Solid statistics don't exist, but interviews suggest cases like this are relatively rare. The number of children of immigrants enrolled in Memphis City Schools is up this semester, and there was no sign of a decrease before the holidays, said Andrew Duck, supervisor of the system's English as a Second Language program.

There has been no increase in applications for permits to transport household goods into Mexico, a step many people returning home would make, said Andres Chao, who runs the Mexican consulate in Little Rock and whose district covers Memphis.

He said Mexico's economy is not strong, and that it is much more likely that immigrants who have lost jobs would move to other places within the United States.

www.commercialappeal.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
CA is up 500,000 from last year yet the deficit is soaring for the State. Less tax base yet more pillaging of social services than ever before.
The next step will be forced deportations as our economy continues to implode----------unless the Feds are criminally insane.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:51 AM

Here is the article I mentioned earlier. The heads of these depts think govt money being spent via food stamps in our local economy is a good thing. Unreal

City schools, county may jointly tout food stamps

Old 12-27-2008, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Here is the article I mentioned earlier. The heads of these depts think govt money being spent via food stamps in our local economy is a good thing. Unreal

City schools, county may jointly tout food stamps
In addition to what Bear stated, California's government officials are living in the twilight zone. As I stated in a prior post, California is in such desperate straits that they are trying to rake in whatever government assistance they can to avoid complete obliteration.

Detroit and Ohio have pretty much come out and admitted the same. Illinois is in the same position as the aforementioned as well. It's corrupt officials (specifically those in Chicago) are simply waiting for Obama to take the oath of office and rescue them first. The line of bankrupt cities and states is non-ending.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:53 AM

Put CA at the top at over 40 billion

Old 12-28-2008, 05:43 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
For the record, blacks moved North post slavery and played a major role in said growth. I am a descendant of slaves and guess why myself and many other blacks are light skinned? Black women were repeatedly raped and forced to bare the children of white slave masters. I could post pictures of Emmit Teal who was beaten to death for simply whistling at a white girl; I could also go on forever about the enslavement, beatings, lynchings of my people by your people and articles about the KKK. My formerly enslaved family members migrated from the south to Chicago to work in the factories. So please don't post links and play the my people are better than your people race card. I could post some links and pictures that might even make you cringe in disgust in terms of the heinous racist acts of white people past and present.

But again, what does any of this have to do with IMMIGRATION?
Now for supreme irony: prior to Emancipation there were more free Black women than men and, in many cases---------the moms who were impregnated by their White masters were freed along with their biracial children. That tidbit according to Thomas Sowell.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Now for supreme irony: prior to Emancipation there were more free Black women than men and, in many cases---------the moms who were impregnated by their White masters were freed along with their biracial children. That tidbit according to Thomas Sowell.
In light of the fact that they denied impregnating them and denied the mothers and their black children the right to share in any of their ill gotten gains, it doesn't justify or excuse their lewd and lascivious conduct. (See Robert Senator Byrd).

Last edited by JDubsMom; 12-28-2008 at 06:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration