Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 09:27 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times

Advertisements

I wonder what would happen if I snuck into Guatamala or Mexico or Canada or South Korea or Poland or Iran or any other country besides the US and demanded instant citizenship and pardon for any and all crimes I had committed while residing illegally in X country.
I have a feeling I would be lucky to just get deported.

As to this woman --- good for her. I'm glad she followed the rules. But to focus on illegals is akin at aiding and abetting a crime in process. Especially given the sheer numbers of illegals. If we were talking a few hundred thousand, maybe even I would applaud her efforts. But, we are talking multi-millions. We cannot afford to support that many people of whom most are uneducated and unskilled. If the pundits are correct and we are heading to a financial despair if not depression, we can afford them even less. The United States does not have infinate money or resources to absorb these people and the millions more that keep coming illegally.
The only reason I can think of that people are so hell bent in welcoming these impoverished, uneducated illegal drains on the system is soley because they will 'plump up' a certain demographic that is itching for more political clout. At everyone else's expense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 09:57 AM

181 posts, read 322,819 times
In this economic climate, it is especially important to deal with the issues of illegal aliens. They are working in jobs that Americans WILL do. They are sucking off social services at unheard of rates and amounts. This woman's story of being an immigrant means nothing. Americans KNOW what it is like to be a new immigrant in this country. Many of us have grandparents or great grandparents that came here and built a life for themselves without stealing tax dollars or jobs from people.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:17 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgoldilocks View Post
In this economic climate, it is especially important to deal with the issues of illegal aliens. They are working in jobs that Americans WILL do. They are sucking off social services at unheard of rates and amounts. This woman's story of being an immigrant means nothing. Americans KNOW what it is like to be a new immigrant in this country. Many of us have grandparents or great grandparents that came here and built a life for themselves without stealing tax dollars or jobs from people.
So many of us have grandparents that came here...we didnt come here. So how do we know what it takes to make here from a new land?

Her story counts...if your 3rd generation explain how it was for you.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:57 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
So many of us have grandparents that came here...we didnt come here. So how do we know what it takes to make here from a new land?

Her story counts...if your 3rd generation explain how it was for you.
And said grandparents probably came here LEGALLY------that alone separates them from today's insolent illegal alien criminals.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:20 PM

181 posts, read 322,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And said grandparents probably came here LEGALLY------that alone separates them from today's insolent illegal alien criminals.
Well, when my great grandparents came, they didn't have free ESL classes. They didn't get food stamps or anchor baby cash aid. They were migrant workers, following the crops, working in the fields. The lesson they taught each generation was that success can be achieved with hard work and not expecting people to give you a handout.

The American people are welcoming of LEGAL immigrants who really want to become Americans. No one is asking immigrants to give up their culture or their language, but to try and learn english TOO. Try and follow our laws. Try to make your own way, even if it is a less than desireable job.

The American people do NOT want to hear about how sad it is for illegals, how illegals DESERVE amnesty.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:53 AM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
It's not "9immigrants".
It's ILLEGAL immigrants

Old 04-21-2010, 04:30 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
It's not "9immigrants".
It's ILLEGAL immigrants
What is illegal immigrants?

Old 04-21-2010, 07:06 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
What is illegal immigrants?
Criminals------------who need to be punished severely.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:04 AM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Instead of being grateful for the opportunities that America has given her and her formerly illegal alien children; instead of being grateful that they weren't deported upon arrival and instead were allowed to remain in this country and receive legal status, she's whining and demanding that our laws be altered so that the same can be achieved by millions more tax draining, criminal and totally lawless illegal aliens of her ilk.

Not only does she remain woefully ignorant and ungrateful, it is obvious that she like millions who have and continue to squat in this country illegally are simply here to demand and drain everything they can from our country.

Instead of going back to Guatemala and helping those she claims to love to create their own dreams in fighting for their rights and civility in her native country she's demanding that American's alter our country, our way of life and open the flood gates to embrace the 3rd world culture of overpopulation, ignorance and poverty and welcome their lawlessness and chaos with open arms.

Treason anyone?
Apparently the new translation of theft is a better life? I guess it is, for the victims? Not so much.
Eh JDubs

Old 04-21-2010, 07:44 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
Yea, I agree with Benicar and JDubsMom and the like on this. Many illegal immigrants aren't fooling anyone with their words of "I love this country," etc. I've known people who spit on the U.S. and are illegal immigrants, but they will be at the rallies waving their U.S. flag. I've said it before, a lot of this stuff is all an act. They obviously want things to go their way and their fellow Mexicans, Guatamalans, etc's way, so they say what they got to say to convince people. Also, no one cares about how much you love this countnry if you and tens of millions of others are here undocumented, filling up schools, having children and receiving government assistance and taking part-time or full-time jobs from unskilled or young workers. It's just like all the other emotional, sob stories. Sorry, but that can't excuse everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration