Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 11:02 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I could respect her, had she decided to assist disadvantaged legal immigrants, or to champion causes to ensure equitable treatment and access to rightful benefits being denied legal immigrants of this country. However, as JDM has mentioned; her advocacy is NOT for legal immigrants, but for illegal aliens.

Legal immigrants should be expected to assimilate; and everyone should endeavor to be a “decent” human being, and raise productive children. How is this relevant? Had she been a staunch anti-illegal, and supported more stringent enforcement of our laws, I doubt you would be heralding praises.

Furthermore, why do you have this compelling need to obfuscate? My issue (and the majority of anti’s), is not legal immigrants. Nor have I read one post accusing legal immigrants of the “invaders.”
Probably because the pro illegal crowd realizes that time is running out for their morally bankrupt cause and are screaming in impotent rage as the USS Amnesty is sinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 11:06 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
That's not the part I have a problem with. What I have a problem with is her determination to assist illegal aliens in their defiance of US laws. Her group does not represent "immigrants". She supports and is demanding the legalization of illegal aliens.
MOrning Mums............. I cant and wont disagree on the other aspect of her cursade.
She looses credibility by helping the illegals, I was meerly commenting that she at least tried to do it right.

Its a slippery slope..................what is enough and what is to much?

Old 01-17-2009, 11:09 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
MOrning Mums............. I cant and wont disagree on the other aspect of her cursade.
She looses credibility by helping the illegals, I was meerly commenting that she at least tried to do it right.

Its a slippery slope..................what is enough and what is to much?
Good morning Convert I hear you. It is indeed a slippery slope. More each day it appears that you can't give them an inch unless you are prepared hand them the extra mile.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:16 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Am I allowed to put in my two cents? Can I make my own commentary on the woman? Is that okay?

I was merely agreeing with a member and saying why I personally thought this woman deserves credit(without attacking anyone on here). If you don't agree with me, thats fine. But keep your snarky and condescending attitude to yourself or save if it when someone really is attacking you.

As far as my "compelling need", there's always going to be people in this world who don't see things like you. And you're going to hear from them. I've come to terms with it and life is so much better.
Snarky? Condescending? Wow! I didn’t consider your post to be a personal attack. I simply highlighted your pattern of juxtaposing legal with illegal, and your embellishment of anti-illegal comments. If you don’t want to be ‘called out’ on hyperbole, perhaps you should refrain from using it. Your agitation is duly noted.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Probably because the pro illegal crowd realizes that time is running out for their morally bankrupt cause and are screaming in impotent rage as the USS Amnesty is sinking.
Indeed!

Old 01-17-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Truer words . . . .

Old 01-17-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Snarky? Condescending? Wow! I didn’t consider your post to be a personal attack. I simply highlighted your pattern of juxtaposing legal with illegal, and your embellishment of anti-illegal comments. If you don’t want to be ‘called out’ on hyperbole, perhaps you should refrain from using it. Your agitation is duly noted.
There was nothing snarky or condescending about your post. Apparently, the ticking time bomb creates agitation in some.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
There was nothing snarky or condescending about your post. Apparently, the ticking time bomb creates agitation in some.
Thank you!

Old 01-17-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Thank you!
You are quite welcome.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:36 PM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
USS Amnesty = the new Titanic.

The Woman in the article is like a 6 yr old with the selective hearing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration