Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 07:28 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
Let's take a gander at a few events in U.S. foreign policy history.

Ethipia-Somalia Conflict, part of the Cold War, in which the U.S. backed both sides in its duration. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogaden_War

Darfur Conflict, which Colin Powell and 109th Congress declared a "genocide" in 2004 and total deaths are estimated over 400,000. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darfur_conflict

Therefore, Somalis and Sudanese are candidates for political asylum in the U.S.
As you stated:

The Somalis and Sudanese are political refugees.......whereas most of the immigrants from Mexican/Central America are illegal immigrants who would be economic 'refugees'-------at most.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:21 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As you stated:

The Somalis and Sudanese are political refugees.......whereas most of the immigrants from Mexican/Central America are illegal immigrants who would be economic 'refugees'-------at most.
Actually many Central Americans are here on refugee visas. I helped many reapply or try to make the transition from political refugee to green card holder. This is especially true of Salvadorans and Guatamalans.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:33 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
The Sudanese and Ethiopians are not 'fleeing poverty' they are fleeing for their lives. Big difference.
Also the Sudanese and Ethiopians have visas, they went through the process and were approved by this country to come here.
Furthermore, I don't know what you are talking about.....they are a drain on the system. The Sudanese I see (and there are a lot of them) work, send their kids to school and support their childrens academics and speak English. They consider themselves to be Americans.
Yes, the first generation are going to be somewhat dependant on the government for awhile.....but you can bet their children will not be.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:56 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Do you think the poor European immigrants had "great skills"? They were farmers for the most part.
But, you forget - the European immigrants did not get any welfare. If they did not succeed, they had to leave! Not so today. And, being a farmer takes many skills, I'd say.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:26 AM

8 posts, read 46,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
But, you forget - the European immigrants did not get any welfare. If they did not succeed, they had to leave! Not so today. And, being a farmer takes many skills, I'd say.

Thats a lie. The welfare system was created around 1935 after the stockmarket crashed in 1929. The majority of the people that used welfare were european. Know WTF you're talking about before you go spewing off at the mouth. Read for a change and find out the history before making blanket statements

Old 04-15-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrcle View Post
Thats a lie. The welfare system was created around 1935 after the stockmarket crashed in 1929. The majority of the people that used welfare were european. Know WTF you're talking about before you go spewing off at the mouth. Read for a change and find out the history before making blanket statements
Hold your horses there:

Mass immigration from everywhere was all but cut off by ca. 1920-24 so by 1935 virtually all of the immigrants had work experience.

Besides: the Great Depression took out many affluent 'WASPs's financially as well as the so-called ethnics.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:13 PM

8 posts, read 46,617 times
I never said that they didnt have work experience. I said that the majority of welfare was used by europeans. And what are "so-called ethnics" be specific. Everyone has an ethnic group so say what you mean

Old 04-15-2008, 12:20 PM

4,419 posts, read 5,151,002 times
I think ethnics means ethnic Europeans. Italians, Irish, Greek etc...
The country at that time was like 90% white as well, so to say back then it was the whites using welfare is at best post haste. Remember, when there wasn't enough poor whites to do the so called "undesirable jobs", they imported from the Carribean, Mexico and started utilizing the African americans a bit more. We are arguing about useless microcosms of a much larger puppet game which has been going on since like...........(forever).

Old 04-15-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
I think ethnics means ethnic Europeans. Italians, Irish, Greek etc...
The country at that time was like 90% white as well, so to say back then it was the whites using welfare is at best post haste. Remember, when there wasn't enough poor whites to do the so called "undesirable jobs", they imported from the Carribean, Mexico and started utilizing the African americans a bit more. We are arguing about useless microcosms of a much larger puppet game which has been going on since like...........(forever).
And you are correct.

Too; there no such thing as a 'Hispanic' in the USA back in the 1930's-------most of them were counted as White.

As for our Black citizens--------in at least the South, they had to contend with that Jim Crow law crap so they were not viable 'competitors'.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:15 PM

220 posts, read 381,656 times
Prince of Lombards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Lombards
BTW, have you heard of a book called Camp of the Saints?
Rising energy costs are already beginning to ignite the kind of food crisis in the third world that would set up a <i>Camp of the Saints</i> scenario (e.g. the recent food riots in Haiti).

If Americans are incapable of defending their own (and their heritage) then they deserve to have their communities and nation destroyed by an unceasing flood of reckless, hungry, ignorant third-world degenerates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration