Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 04:00 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Some people seem to think you can cram an unlimited amount of sardines into the can based soley on the reason............they want to. Besides, it's all free right?
Well, it's not free. You are right. And neither is our ridiculous waste. If we produce people that otherwise would be drains on society into fully functional members, then your taxes would be hard at work and give a return on itself.

Short term logic=don't let children of illegal immigrants in schools, costs too much.

Long term logic=let them get an education and a vocational/college education to be consumers and pay into the system. Otherwise, they would still be here and be a huge drain on society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 04:21 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Well, it's not free. You are right. And neither is our ridiculous waste. If we produce people that otherwise would be drains on society into fully functional members, then your taxes would be hard at work and give a return on itself.

Short term logic=don't let children of illegal immigrants in schools, costs too much.

Long term logic=let them get an education and a vocational/college education to be consumers and pay into the system. Otherwise, they would still be here and be a huge drain on society.
Better yet:

Deport the parents and most likely their minor age Anchor Babies will leave as well.

Besides: all the more reason to end birthright citizenship.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:28 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
There were no such implications in my statement. You were the one that made a bold statement about Africans in North America being one of the more successful groups. Yes, like any group there are rich people. However, the MAJORITY are doing crap jobs. And nearly 30-40% (more than the national average) have a bachelors degree. The income of Whites with a bachelor's degree is higher.

Also, a lot of times, they left on thinking they would get something better in America. Now, many are trying to make it work. However, sometimes, if they stayed back home they would have gotten something better. Case in point, my mom's friend. She left for California thinking with her college degree she can make even more money here. Now, she is clinging on to hope and realizing that she would have had less debt and the same standard of living in suburban Abidjan.

Again...please don't go into things you really don't know.
RealClearPolitics - Articles - Black Immigrants, An Invisible 'Model Minority'

At the risk of throwing the 'race card' here: Black immigrants and their children are indeed the most educated of any group here in the USA---------including both Asians and White.

BTW: I have read several articles stating just that.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:44 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,034 times
Quote:

Long term logic= bankrupt the nation by educating every one. Open borders and free education or welfare anybody that can walk, run or swim to the good ole USA, right? That will work out about like a screen door in a submarine. Maybe you could talk all those MS-13 guys into getting a degree and becoming preachers. I am not going to get into one of those black, white or brown debates, but, show me where it would be better in Africa ? Gana. Sudan. Nigeria the congo? Just my opinion, but, I think your "short term logic" is a lot better for the country. Actually, they are a big monetary drain.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:24 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
RealClearPolitics - Articles - Black Immigrants, An Invisible 'Model Minority'

At the risk of throwing the 'race card' here: Black immigrants and their children are indeed the most educated of any group here in the USA---------including both Asians and White.

BTW: I have read several articles stating just that.
Well, that's great you read several articles, I'm living it. Your articles are my reality. So that's why I can say what I said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration