Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 07:30 AM

452 posts, read 1,132,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
John Dillin
CSM

WASHINGTON – George W. Bush isn’t the first Republican president to face a full-blown immigration crisis on the US-Mexican border.

Fifty-three years ago, when newly elected Dwight Eisenhower moved into the White House, America’s southern frontier was as porous as a spaghetti sieve.
[Mod Cut]

Story Continues.
http://wehategringos.com/whg/?p=1523 (broken link)

Last edited by ontheroad; 03-07-2008 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: copyright issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2007, 09:44 AM

1,247 posts, read 926,367 times
Where's Ike when you need him?

Old 03-28-2007, 01:20 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post

I think Ike was the last real American president this country had.

I remind people of what Ike did with illegals in the fifties and they tell me it can't be done...When I ask why, I never get what I would call a good answer...

I was always taught if you don't try, how do you know you can't do it...

As time passes and I talk to others about this illegal problem the more I believe that most Americans no longer have a backbone and had these Americans been alive on Dec, 7, 1941 they would have covered their eyes and said what war ? We don't have a problem with Japan !

Old 03-07-2008, 09:44 AM

157 posts, read 309,956 times
Angry Logic

We need another IKE, a man with a backbone. I think his kind has become extinct in this country. That border could be guarded. Those people could be sent back. Big buisiness wants them here and making money is the real concern. Not people. These illegals rapes, kills, robs, tortures innocent people. All law enforcement says is "Well, they are illegal and we don't know their real idenity" Who cares. Prosecute them just like you do the rest of us. And the crap,"Oh we don't want to discriminate" Hogwash! Just more excuses. Someone has to get a "BACKBONE"

Old 03-07-2008, 11:08 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGIC View Post
We need another IKE, a man with a backbone. I think his kind has become extinct in this country. That border could be guarded. Those people could be sent back. Big buisiness wants them here and making money is the real concern. Not people. These illegals rapes, kills, robs, tortures innocent people. All law enforcement says is "Well, they are illegal and we don't know their real idenity" Who cares. Prosecute them just like you do the rest of us. And the crap,"Oh we don't want to discriminate" Hogwash! Just more excuses. Someone has to get a "BACKBONE"
I've never seen such a lily-livered U.S. government before. It seems it's gotten worse and worse over the years. They won't even enforce their OWN laws! And, then, they try to make new laws that break the old laws, without the peoples' knowledge.

If they come up with new laws allowing illegals everything that they are actually allowed anyway, what happens to those old laws that say an illegal goes to jail for 6 months, and things like that? Can they just wipe them out?

Old 03-07-2008, 11:59 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,438,888 times
I love how we all seem to forget the horrible foreign policy blunders that Ike committed under his presidency which has led to continual instability in Central America and therefore illegal immigration from Guatamala and Salvador.

Yup, we certainly want another Ike to stir up problems in Latin America, to use our military to enforce illegal election fraud and dictators, and to promote anti-American sentiment around the world! Isn't Bush doing enough of that?

Old 03-07-2008, 01:26 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,697 times
No, we just want another Ike to jump-start the mass deportations...

Old 03-07-2008, 06:04 PM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,046,447 times
Video of Eisenhower's 1954 operation:

YouTube - ******* Round-up (1954)

Sorry for the un-PC term, but as stated it's from 1954.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
i like ike.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:37 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
Ah yes back in the day when a man was a man.........and it wasnt questioned by milksops
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration