Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 09:23 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times

Advertisements

The only thing that would help Mexico now would be to take control over the borders from the cartels. The cartels are fighting a bloodbath over which one will control the border - because our government has given control over to whichever cartel wants it.

The big exodus of people out of Mexico isn't helping because it's just too easy to get to the land of handouts than it is to work for reform and build the infrastructure of their own regions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 03:41 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,286,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The subject is protecting our borders from ILLEGAL entry no matter who the offenders are. Since you mentioned anchor babies then you must be talking about illegal Mexicans. What language they speak or what they eat is irrelevant. They can't be Americans by just jumping our borders. They have to come legally. Since they continually jump Arizona's borders and many other border states it is like we are losing our states to them by their sheer numbers. That is what is meant by "taking them back". Taking our states back to the rule of law and to being soveirgn territories again.

Illegals only want to live side by side with us for the financial gains they will get. They have no right to live side by side with us unless they have immigration papers that permits them to do so.

We have a problem with people coming here for "vacation" knowing they are going to have an anchor baby from all over the world. Detroit has a huge prolem with middle easterns doing it, as well as the parts of the country with mexicans. Many cities have a good number of anchor abies from asia and india too.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:52 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,193,454 times
The military on the border will not help unless they are authorized to use deadly force to repel invaders. It's an absolute waste of time, money, and morale to have them there for no useful purpose. Eyewash and posturing won't do it.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:55 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,044,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The military on the border will not help unless they are authorized to use deadly force to repel invaders. It's an absolute waste of time, money, and morale to have them there for no useful purpose. Eyewash and posturing won't do it.
So you know that will not happen right? They will never be placed there with orders to shoot unless there is a war between both countries. I don't see that happening.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:58 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,044,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The only thing that would help Mexico now would be to take control over the borders from the cartels. The cartels are fighting a bloodbath over which one will control the border - because our government has given control over to whichever cartel wants it.

The big exodus of people out of Mexico isn't helping because it's just too easy to get to the land of handouts than it is to work for reform and build the infrastructure of their own regions.
I think that is why the government has declared war on the cartels...because they want to take control of the border and the country as a whole.

What big exodus? Can you please post a link supporting the big exodus out of Mexico? Immigration levels are at its lowest point, as far as I'm concerned. And there has always been immigration from Mexico to the U.S.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:09 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,710,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I bet if we shut down social programs to anyone that didn't have American Parents that statement would be out the door. They want to live side by side with us so long as they can work under the table or collect social services for their US child born through the loophole called the 14th.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhiryuu View Post
I run a tax business and have an office in Detroit and a sub-branch in Pontiac I open during the weekend and have had a few disturbing hear-say by a few clients. I file illegal alien's taxes with their ITIN number, yes I know theres a whole ethics surrounding immigrants in this country but ITIN numbers are issued by the IRS and therefore if someone with one walks in I have to file their taxes. Anyways, I did a few rapid refunds, usally they take about 15 business days to arrive however I have had about 4-5 people a week calling from Mexico, El Salvador, and Guatemala asking me to give their checks to their relatives, of course I ask them for proper ID, faxing in documents and asking questions needed, at times I still dont give their family the checks but mail them out, but I get the same story, " Immigration came to their homes asking if they seen "this man" ( a picture of a dark looking man, prolly an immigrant) and then asking the home's residents for their documents, and detaining them if they dont have ID and deporting them. As far as I know, they are hitting up mobile home parks and lower income areas, and I'm wondering if this is even legal, dont give me your ethics on how they shouldnt be here in the first place, I want the actual legal stand-point. As a thrid generation Mexican-American I feel very offended, and even more so since they are my clients.
1AngryTaxPayer -- as I have found, shinhiryuu is a part of the problem. He isn't an American; he's Mexican-American. Divided loyalties.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:24 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I think that is why the government has declared war on the cartels...because they want to take control of the border and the country as a whole.

What big exodus? Can you please post a link supporting the big exodus out of Mexico? Immigration levels are at its lowest point, as far as I'm concerned. And there has always been immigration from Mexico to the U.S.
Take a look at Juarez for example - and they're not fleeing Juarez for safer parts of Mexico, estimates are that 120,000 have recently fled over into the USA just from Juarez alone. I would venture to guess that as usual the estimates are on the low side.

Juarez was one of Mexico's bigger richer cities but I think we're seeing it's collapse. People whose only goal is to get over to the USA aren't working to build up their own cities.

Massive migration of people may result from social injustice and instability but it only leads to more social injustice and instability. What about the servants of the wealthy from Juarez - they abandon them as well as their houses when they run. The clubs and restaurants that close overnight because the owners take their money and run - what of the former employees?

Old 02-22-2011, 08:12 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,315,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
We have a problem with people coming here for "vacation" knowing they are going to have an anchor baby from all over the world. Detroit has a huge prolem with middle easterns doing it, as well as the parts of the country with mexicans. Many cities have a good number of anchor abies from asia and india too.
Yes, I am well aware of that. There is a large "birth tourism" problem in our country along with border jumpers being pregnant or getting pregnant after arriving here. However, the poster that I was replying to mentioned Mexicans specifically so I replied in that manner.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
That is what happened when the National Guard was put on our border. They weren't armed so what was the point?

Old 02-22-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
1AngryTaxPayer -- as I have found, shinhiryuu is a part of the problem. He isn't an American; he's Mexican-American. Divided loyalties.
Just another reason why I object to dual citizenship and another reason not to legalize or make citizens out of illegals here with loyalty to another country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration